The Malkoff Front Porch

RayMiller

Newly Enlightened
Did you try a pocket slip?
I have one with 2 slots and an elastic pen loop. Very convenient
That's a great suggestion. I wasn't saying that stacking my light and knife were my only options. It's just my preference in house shorts, and It's only possible because the MDC has an awesome clip.

I actually do leatherwork as a hobby so I have plenty of pocket slips. I've even thought about wrapping a light with leather.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's why I only wear tactical pants with several pockets and a reinforced belt line to support my heavy EDC gear.

You aren't doing it right if it takes you less than 10 mins to undress so you can legally enter a building that doesn't allow a pocket full of freedom

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
@kerneldrop, are you familiar with this all 'Merican company in Texas?
Screenshot_20220913-160903.jpgScreenshot_20220913-161100.jpg

Trout River

Newly Enlightened
That's why I only wear tactical pants with several pockets and a reinforced belt line to support my heavy EDC gear.

You aren't doing it right if it takes you less than 10 mins to undress so you can legally enter a building that doesn't allow a pocket full of freedom
For the last 8 years I have only worn 5.11 tactical pants. Before was Levi's. For literally the first time I wore jeans or shorts or anything but 5.11 pants was last night when I realized I needed to do laundry. I carry a light, knife, pistol, phone, wallet and keys. I realized last night the jeans are more comfortable and I actually had no problem carrying my EDC stuff. The jeans do print more at 4 O'clock but I might wear them again on weekends. I definitely need a new belt. Mines been frayed for a long time.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I realized last night the jeans are more comfortable

You didn't mention your appendix carry pistol, 3 backup magazines and neck knife.

I have a steel core belt and then a thick duty belt. As much as I try to like the steel core belt it just plain sucks. It's too stiff. It's nearly impossible to thread through holsters and it's so uncomfortable that you're bones literally hurt from it.

Hello all; Happy Friday. Just a quick sanity check:

The low mode of any dropin draws more current and is brighter as the voltage increases. This makes sense, because it simply throttles the current by directing it through a resistor.

By my calculations, in a full-power dropin like the M61 or M61T, low mode on 3xCR123 lasts just over half as long as the low mode on 2xCR123. Is this about what you have experienced? I'm probably going to burn some cells this weekend to verify.

It's one of those things that drives me nuts, as I prefer the MD3 for everyday carry but prefer the long runtime of two cells.

BTW, for what it's worth, the Tac Shield BDU belt is my favorite web belt. Works fine with a light CCW setup. The buckle locks in better than most simple web belts I've tried, and it's bare-bones simple and absolutely flat. Also has a thread-through adjustment mechanism on the back so there are no moving parts or stitched sections of webbing. You could literally thread a seat belt in there in a pinch.

Attachments

• 61KgWb4CurL._AC_SX522._SX._UX._SY._UY_.jpg
    61KgWb4CurL._AC_SX522._SX._UX._SY._UY_.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 52

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
let's not forget Blue Alpha, they are a small american company who handmake belts, and the hybrid belt is awesome

View attachment 32591

When no need of tools for smokeless propelled to carry, the 18 kilonewton Austri-Alpin buckle can be had without the complications of sewn threads wearing out: This is the old work belt. 3 other, nicer of the Cobra-S buckles are used for work.

FE68E42B-CC0D-4410-8228-A39F3B8F5B78.jpeg

Latest posts