• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The McLux has landed!

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The bezel is not glued down, so you unscrew the lens holder and swap out what's in there with a NX05, Flood reflector or nothing.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
carl,

the bead blasted is nickel plated too. I believe it's 100% EN plated. I not positive on this. One of the others should correct me if I'm wrong.

nqwan v2.0

Newly Enlightened
if you could make a 2-3 123 version i'd definetely buy it.

well i'd definetely buy it regardless but the 2-3 123 is my preference =)

oh and when will ya get more bb500s?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
this is one of reasons why I ran out. Some of them got pulled out and reserved for these extra parts.

So, there will be some BB500s available as part of the components. We are still struggling with all the logistic.

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Skunk Lights Crew,

Does your reflector work well with a SE or HD? Is that an option?

Aloha

Brian

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I'll let Don fill in the blanks.

I believe we have another [blank] that will acommodate [blank] batteries.

I think this is a true statement, and I'll let the person that knows to make the statement more official.

Otherwise, this post doesn't exist...

BigHonu,

Yes... dropping in the NX05 will crush the SE... I think you know that. How well these combinations work is well, sorta the fun in the componnents. You will have to experiment and find out.... Maybe, even share it with us!

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dear Wayne, thank you for getting up so early to answer our questions! Just a few more:
1) Will they be 500mA circuits?
2) What quality (bin number) of LS will you be using?
3) Expected runtime?

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
dat2zip,

As long as I don't need to take out a second mortgage to buy one of these, I will definitely give the HD and/or SE a try...assuming someone shows me how to solder the things in there...

thanks!

yclo

Flashaholic*
Nice...

grin.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a feeling it won't be cheap since it's custom made. But who knows.. I sure won't mind a 3 123 version if it exist with a 5 watt white and a Mcflood reflector. But even if there is such an option, I don't think it will come cheap. Let's wait and see...

Aw... look, you guys made me left a puddle on the floor, and it's my own drool.....
tongue.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
ready to use with lots of battery packs and 1W and 5W and all colors of LEDS and ... and ...
bernhard
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks good, really good. Only quirk I might have is with the tail maybe catching onto something with their holes... Small price to pay, though, as the look is very clean.

Also, I'm not too sure if the clip can come off, but if it does comes off, that would be even better, as a light in a jean pocket with a clip and other stuff bouncin' around may not be too good, at least for my pref...

That's my initial thoughts. Now, I guess I'll stand next in line...

zackhugh

Enlightened
I posted in a different thread yesterday when McGizmo revealed it, but my reaction is still the same: I want one! And because it's custom and limited in supply, I'm willing to pay a premium for it. SkunkLights members are probably happy to hear that.
smile.gif

Steve

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Hats off to the "Team"!! I salute you... (and after 21 years in the USAF, a salute is absolutely RESPECT - I don't take it lightly!)

And yes I hope I have the opportunity to purchase!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Question: If there are only going to be "50" available...is there a way to prevent a reoccurrence of the "CPF 50 Special" mad rush in which some folks donated in "hopes" of getting a G2 but didn't? (nothing wrong at all with donating to this Forum mind you, but when given a chance to get "something" in addition to all of the positive things that we constantly receive from the CPF...that was "ICING ON THE CAKE!!)

With over 3000 members here, it'll be like "winning the lottery"! Well maybe not to all, but I would certainly appreciate an opportunity to purchase one!

I think that's why we've been having "Server/DNS problems", this announcement was made and now the whole Internet is trying to get in here!!
grin.gif

bucken

Enlightened
Hope I can win the McLux lottery for one of these! If you can fit the head on an E1, then it will also fit the E2, right? An awesome 5W, maybe.

(Edit) Think I would prefer the EN finish, in a turn-key package. How difficult would it be to change the LED later? I would definately want to try a short-run-time 5W!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey yeah, bucken's response brings to mind a question - with a 5-watt white in there, which optical solution is best? I know the NX-05 is only good for the Lambertian (no Bats in 5W) and it won't go with an SE 5W...so an SE 5W would use...McFlood? And if the driver is a BB500, any chance of getting the BB750 instead? Since I would only use this as a short-runtime 5-watter for quick, bright inspections and "wowing the boys"...