The Mutaytor's biomechanical LED technology

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Mutaytor\'s biomechanical LED technology

Mutiny and Sasha THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for being responsible. THANK YOU for exposing this for what it really is. I live in Abilene, TX (pop 110,000) which is a college town made up of three private church funded univeristies.
Abilene Christian Univeristy, Church of Christ (my alma mater)
Hardin Simmons Univeristy (baptist)
McMurry Univeristy (Methodist)

I had no idea that this type of stuff was so organized and so widespread

We are kinda shielded in some ways from alot of this. I know there is drug trade in Abilene but wow, I didn't know that it was this organized.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

replied agian just to register the thread as one of my "favorites" to get email delivery of future posts

Mutie

Enlightened

Bushman,

My grandfather graduated from Abilene Christian University and taught at Lubbock Christian College (I think that was it) before moving to Pepperdine in the mid 60's. He was an english professor and I still attempt to use proper english grammar as a result of his influence. And he was one of the few ministers I could listen to and feel captivated and enriched.

That said though I beleive that Sasha and I are sitting on different sides of the fence other than agreeing that we don't like drug abuse.

I don't feel that they are all that organized and that the widespread representation is taking events out of context and labeling them as drug events when they are not. I don't doubt that drugs are used. They are used everywhere. But labeling it as a drug event when the actual use is neglible is simply irresponsible. I fully support law enforcement efforts but wasting their time and harassing people on a fabrication is wrong.

I don't have any statistics to refute these "findings" but neither do they show any statistics to support them either.

Almost every party I attend or any show I do would easily fall under the guidelines of the Rave act. We have DJ's, dance music, security, bottled water, glowsticks, and flyers. They are held at clubs, private residences, artist lofts, and warehouses. Nevermind that we will absolutely not tolerate drug sales having those deadly glowsticks just shows that we promote drug abuse.

Just as anybody who wears team colors proves they are in a gang if you were to apply these same rules to a football game.

And our experience with the Rave Task Force? Our crime was posting a New Years Eve party and campout with contact information. Since it was a campout there would be no issue with people driving under the influence. Did they bother to contact us and inform us that we were doing something wrong? No. Because they thought we were a rave they sent 5 SUV's full of sheriffs with weapons ready to bust us and found 10 or 15 people not doing anything. And because they had nothing they kicked us out and informed us we would be placed under arrest if we were found out there again that night. We had no drugs, we weren't charging admission, we weren't doing anything illegal. Fortunately for me and my family we had not arrived yet.

Mutie

Enlightened

Sasha,

Way cool! However I noted on their page that they allow glowsticks so you'd best be careful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Speaking of Rocky Horror, my best friend (the other Mutech) wrote a video game called Frakenstein, Through the eyes of the Monster that starred Tim Curry as Dr. Frankenstein and received several awards in 1995.

In April we are doing the whole family thing out at Coachella and my sisters are coming to see us for the first time. Plus my kids are going to get the whole rockstar treatment.

And finally here's an excerpt from the band list from when we mutayted the LAPD.

Well last night's little party, DEEP RED, was just awesome.
Great DJ's all night long and Mutaytor rockin' on the roof.

Then the strangest thing happened ..... the cops showed up.

But this was different.
They came by to tell us not to stop the party and to stay on the roof!
Then they asked if the band could play more.
..... and would there be any more fire!

They were polite, professional and highly amused.
They hung out for 10 mins and would have stayed longer
if they hadn't gotten an urgent call.

Stranger things have happened, but not often.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

That is cool! In my opinion I think that the cops don't get enought respect!