*** The Nitecore D10 / EX10 Photo Thread!! ***

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
haha awesome. im taking good care of it. use it every day. love the UI. so useful i dont even care that its not my brightest light. i miss my novatac less and less the more i use my D10 :twothumbs
and yeah, i remember u sold it too. its just time to move on up. lol

Last edited:

shomie911

Enlightened
haha awesome. im taking good care of it. use it every day. love the UI. so useful i dont even care that its not my brightest light. i miss my novatac less and less the more i use my D10 :twothumbs
and yeah, i remember u sold it too. its just time to move on up. lol

It just wasn't as good as the Gladius was. I have no regrets though, I got to try out a new light. As I've said before, when I have the money lying around, I'm going to buy another Gladius.

I'm looking for a nice AA light currently and the D10 is on my short list.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you personally like the GDP+ vs the Q5? Do you think it's a big difference in real life or just a small difference in usage?

So far I'm very happy with the GDP. It has more throw than my Cree Q5 version, even though it probably has less total output. I like the quality of the beam. From some initial run time tests I've seen it should have longer run times as well, but that's to be expected with less total output, and the low Vf of the GDP. However, it has more throw thanks to the smaller die and slightly deeper reflector.

tempman

Newly Enlightened
IMG_3068.jpg

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tonight I made up a little lanyard for my Nitecore EX10 Cree Q5. I found these little skulls for valve stems at WalMart. They have a threaded hole on the back of the skull, but I drilled a hole through it from top to bottom. I capped the cord with a GITD end like they use on the Nitecore DI lanyard:

Here is the open hole in the back. I might fill it in with something, maybe some GITD epoxy, but I don't want to loose the ability to slide the skull up and down the lanyard.

This is why I want the skull to slide:

I should have made the lanyard about an inch longer, but I can my hand through it:

Jager

Newly Enlightened
are the golden dragons still having problems? can someone take some pics of the ex10 and the D10 showing their true size? I am looking for a pocket EDC and I think i rather have thinner + longer than shorter but thicker (might go in the back pocket) thanks!

dasBULK

Newly Enlightened
Just a crapshoot stack of pics from my cell phone. The last pic is a comparo between my standard light I carried for a long time. The one watt NiteIze Minimag and the EX10 GD+

spa03415973082bk0.jpg

spa03405969602wp1.jpg

spa03395965518nk4.jpg

spa03425976328nl5.jpg

<Minimag - EX10> They were held in the same hand, reason they are so close.
Im blown away to say the least.

Day light pic. :)
drodsedc0493768yu2.jpg

Last edited:

dasBULK

Newly Enlightened
Anyone else's pistons turn this color? I understand its because of the nickle plating right? I kinda like it.
spa03666969552wd1.jpg

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened
Anyone else's pistons turn this color? I understand its because of the nickle plating right? I kinda like it.

mine turned blacker than a.... um.... well let's just say it's real black. :ohgeez:
Took about 2 hours after I got it out of the box.

I also rust VG10 in my pocket
just little spots but :shakehead

I turn carbon steel knives like an onion. :mad:

the only stupid gold I can wear is Thai baht
18k = :sick2:
mint green (or worse)

sometimes when I run into a real prick at the gun show I'll make a point of touching lots of his stuff
45 mins later.......
" Yeah .. um.. how much for the AK with the hand print surface rust all over it ?? " :whistle: