The Official Atwood collectors thread.

stonehenge69

Newly Enlightened
I've got my eye on more but for the time being this is the extent of my Atwoods.

Atwood.jpg

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does Peter ever make any Titanium whistles? One of those would be awesome! I noticed he has an upcoming run of Damasteel whistles, how much does he usually charge for those?

xdanx

Enlightened
adirondackdestroyer said:
Does Peter ever make any Titanium whistles? One of those would be awesome! I noticed he has an upcoming run of Damasteel whistles, how much does he usually charge for those?

I saw the latest whistle before it was sold. I am pretty sure it was $140.

Gadget Guy

Newly Enlightened
I was lucky enough to be the buyer of the Damascus whistle, it was in fact $140. I would highly recommend this piece for the Atwood collector! It is much nicer than the picture shows...

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I would love a Damascus whistle I can't justify (or I think the word I really mean is afford :laughing: ) one right now. I'm going to buy the Stainless steal version which is still very nice for only $35.

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
adirondackdestroyer said:
I recently asked him about this as I'd love to have a light Ti whistle. He said he'd love to but the shop that turns his blanks refuses to work with Ti.

fluorescent: Nice collection.

Cliff

PhantomZ

Enlightened
these look great and i would get one, but to me they seem to be made for left handers? like... when i use a knife cutting from left to right with the blade facing right, i would like the bottom to be flat, not angled, no what i mean? think there would be any of the Drop point booger made from Ti? i would so get one if so, of course if it was made for right handers.

justsomeguy

Newly Enlightened
Here's the deal....

Go to a Lowes or similar place. Spend <$10 on some little prybars or nail pullers. Stanley and others sell them. Get a cheap grinder at Harbor Freight. Grind off the parts that do not look like a "hugely expensive artistic nail puller".

There ya go!!!!!! Sell 'em on Ebay for Big Bux!!!!!!!

send 10% to me

steve
grinser2.gif

sorree, edited because my speelling sucks. BUT Im still too smart to fall for THAT!!!!!!

Last edited:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Justsomeguy - after you hit Lowes, make sure to stop by the chicken shed and find a corncob to wipe with instead of that fancy artistic stuff the city slickers call "toilet paper". Cause, like you say, its all the same. :)

xdanx

Enlightened
powernoodle said:
Justsomeguy - after you hit Lowes, make sure to stop by the chicken shed and find a corncob to wipe with instead of that fancy artistic stuff the city slickers call "toilet paper". Cause, like you say, its all the same. :)

:laughing:

Powernoodle, how did you get that little keychain wedgie thing?

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
powernoodle said:

Coffee just came out my nose.. :lolsign:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should sorta apologize for that. It was 2 a.m. and I had just returned from the hospital (mother in law) and was delirious. Hope it is taken in the manner I intended.

peace

rugbymatt

Enlightened
I have just started collecting Atwood stuff. I think his stuff is great. For the people who think it is overpriced I say this, if it saves an expensive knife blade or a key(with microchip in it) from breaking, then it is well worth the money. And yes I have used both to pry and no I have not broken either, luckily. But I have bent a key before, non microchip.

My meager collection:

cimg0067xi8.jpg

Last edited:

Gadget Guy

Newly Enlightened
There isn't a single day that goes by that I don't use my Prybaby! Buy one for yourself and if you don't like it you can always sell it for full price as there is always a buyer for one. The best edc tool that I use besides a knife...

Buffalohump

Enlightened
Yo, every time we have a company function I'm suddenly everyone's best friend because I always have a bottle opener on me (XL Prybay). Peter's stuff does rock, particularly the Prybaby and the whistles. I just wish I had more reasons/excuses to use my Atwood gear. My full size Bug Out Bar in particular cries out to be used but the opportunities are not that frequent (I'm thinking of getting into cat burglary).

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
For those who think that Peter's tools are overpriced and totally unnecessary, I say good.......you're right. Please don't buy any.

Cliff

more for us that appreciate them.