The Official Atwood collectors thread.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I have started on these Atwoods and I cant stop! These are top notch tools.
Atwood007.jpg

Atwood005.jpg

And My favorite, prybaby in sunstorm Damascus.
Atwood009.jpg

Atwood012.jpg

I also have a Damascus whistle on the way and a bubble patterned prybaby.

ryball

Newly Enlightened
Just have to post my new toy. My first in what, no doubt, will become many.

Tibaby in high voltage.

IMG_3479_edited.jpg

ryball

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I couldn't get a good pic of the finish. It is awesome. :D

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am thinking about getting a atwood knife but i cant decide between the Scout or the Gobblin. any advice? and can he wrap the handles in the color of paracord you want?

thanks!

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
Another thread that's going to cost me money......... He really makes some beautiful kit.

I'd like a prybaby or a Tibaby for EDC on my keychain. How does the colour/pattern on the Tibaby hold up when in daily contact with keys? I'd hate to ruin the finish. Or should I just get a bead blast prybaby? Or maybe a Prybaby keychain edition. Or all of 'em??

Decisions, decisions :)

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
The color/pattern will wear, but there is nothing you can do about that. Brother Atwood told me that Windex would bring it back to life just a little, but that would just clean it up a little and obviously not actually restore anything.

cheers

InFlux

Enlightened
PhantomZ said:
these look great and i would get one, but to me they seem to be made for left handers? like... when i use a knife cutting from left to right with the blade facing right, i would like the bottom to be flat, not angled, no what i mean? think there would be any of the Drop point booger made from Ti? i would so get one if so, of course if it was made for right handers.

I agree. When I asked Peter about this, he said it's the old grind up/grind down debate- which he's very familiar with.

But he did make me these :grin2: :

duo1ez.jpg

The one on the left is a "Bug Out Blade" Thick 3V Steel. On the right is a "Son Of PryThing" in S30V w/ stripes. Both "Grind Up" versions.

I also have (and very highly recommend) one of his whistles on my key chain.

I do wish he'd integrate a can opener into a few of his designs. That would be very useful. (hint, hint :whistle: )

Mike V

Enlightened
I don't have any, but hopefully soon I will.

I asked the machinist at work how time consuming stuff like that would be to make. He said in aluminium, no worries; but in steel, he says the price is reasonable.

There is a lot of work involved in making one of those tools. More than is obvious at first.

Hooligan

Newly Enlightened
I have seen this Atwood stuff on and off for awhile now and am going to grab something soon. How are you guys carrying the stuff with a sharp edge on it? Is any of it small enough to toss on my keys with the sheath and not be too bulky? It would be nice to have a little blade but I will end up with a prything or prybaby on my keys soon.

Also, is it impossible to find this stuff in stock or what?

Last edited:

justsomeguy

Newly Enlightened
Hooligan said:
I have seen this Atwood stuff on and off for awhile now and am going to grab something soon. How are you guys carrying the stuff with a sharp edge on it? Is any of it small enough to toss on my keys with the sheath and not be too bulky? It would be nice to have a little blade but I will end up with a prything or prybaby on my keys soon.

Also, is it impossible to find this stuff in stock or what?

Bear in mind that MY Company will cord wrap the little Pry Bar in any color that you are willing to Pay For in cash, from Sissie Pink to **** Yellow. Payment in Advance. Signed and Notarizied paperwork costs extra. Pics by a Professional Model Photographer are available at cost, to you.

F*.C.K U INC.

(Just Kidding)

Last edited:

xdanx

Enlightened
justsomeguy said:
Go to a Lowes or similar place. Spend <$10 on some little prybars or nail pullers. Stanley and others sell them. Get a cheap grinder at Harbor Freight. Grind off the parts that do not look like a "hugely expensive artistic nail puller".

There ya go!!!!!! Sell 'em on Ebay for Big Bux!!!!!

justsomeguy said:
Bear in mind that MY Company will cord wrap the little Pry Bar in any color that you are willing to Pay For in cash, from Sissie Pink to **** Yellow. Payment in Advance. Signed and Notarizied paperwork costs extra. Pics by a Professional Model Photographer are available at cost, to you.

F*.C.K U INC.

(Just Kidding)

Do you have any purpose in this thread other than being rude and sarcastic?

:thumbsdow

Last edited:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
InFlux said:
I do wish he'd integrate a can opener into a few of his designs. That would be very useful. (hint, hint :whistle: )

I only open cans with a hand opener when camping. (My electric can opener at home is great). When I'm trying to open some or a bunch of cans, I resent having to use anything other than a crank opener. I'm already trying to prepare a meal, wasting time jacking up some cans is not desireable. I can't say I'd look for a fancy can opener.

A flashy bottle opener, on the other hand, is a cool gadget, even though you can open a bottle with practically anything.

BladeDogg

Newly Enlightened
Atwood stuff is many things...

1. Clean
2. Simple
3. TOUGH
4. VERY useful
5. Innovative
6. Workhorses

Peter is a good guy to boot.

Bottom line is if you don't want to buy it the DON'T and you won't see the quality and what everyone is saying in this thread.

kooter

Enlightened
Hey Blade nice to see ya over here. :grin2:

Got my mini son of prything today. What a nice piece of kit. Love it.

DSC00435.jpg

Last edited: