The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glock 22

Enlightened
My question is what is the best holster that works for the Wildcat/MD4? I searched but couldn't find one. Not really wanting to do the cell phone adaption shown on youtube. Need a nice holster that is made for easy in and out but won't loose the light (I've carried a stinger for a long time in an open top leather holster and once in a while if I get off a forklift the light is still on the lift).

Thanks in advance.

Craig

The Bianchi 22097 or the Boston Leather 5550 may be what your looking for. I have the Boston leather one and it holds the light real good. You can get these on e-bay and their cheap, around 13 or 14 dollars. Hope this helps.[h=1][/h]

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wildcat/MD4 (2 x 18650's) for a bit more throw and run time than the MD2.

A BIT more throw, that made me laugh, lol...

I have an MD2 coming with the M61 in it, I am curious as I have an M91A but let me tell ya, my Wildcat is the one light that always makes me smile
and I am so impressed with it,

The only other light I giggle when I am using is my SR-90,

5001craig

Newly Enlightened
The Bianchi 22097 or the Boston Leather 5550 may be what your looking for. I have the Boston leather one and it holds the light real good. You can get these on e-bay and their cheap, around 13 or 14 dollars. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info Glock (I have a 21). I'll be looking at those two holsters as soon as I'm done.

BTW, I got an e-mail from Malkoff today. Wildcats are on sale for 23% off. My timing sucks as I ordered mine a week ago. Went ahead and ordered one for a good friend, though.

Edit: Purchased the Bianchi 22096 (same as 22097 except it's smooth instead of basket-weave). Will be looking forward to seeing how this works (fits) as well as how the Accumold Elite holds up to the environment my holster will see. Thanks again Glock 22.

Last edited:

5001craig

Newly Enlightened
A BIT more throw, that made me laugh, lol...

I have an MD2 coming with the M61 in it, I am curious as I have an M91A but let me tell ya, my Wildcat is the one light that always makes me smile
and I am so impressed with it,

The only other light I giggle when I am using is my SR-90,
I need to study the Malkoff drop ins more. There are so many different options...

Glock 22

Enlightened
Thanks for the info Glock (I have a 21). I'll be looking at those two holsters as soon as I'm done.

BTW, I got an e-mail from Malkoff today. Wildcats are on sale for 23% off. My timing sucks as I ordered mine a week ago. Went ahead and ordered one for a good friend, though.

Thanks for the info you may or may not like either of those, I also have a Glock 21 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess I'm a Malkoff junkie, lol...

I just ended up being the first person to walk into an empty theater to watch Oblivion and when I realized I was alone what did I do?

Got out the bored 9P with M91A and the Wildcat I had in my bag and started comparing beams! Lol....Then totally forgot I had my Fury in my cost pocket, It's actually a great way to determine throw and compare when you think these could be people I was trying to identify our shock with a light,

Well I ever recover?

Hope not!

Thanks,
Enjoy the show!

Redhat703

Enlightened
Guess I'm a Malkoff junkie, lol...

I just ended up being the first person to walk into an empty theater to watch Oblivion and when I realized I was alone what did I do?

Got out the bored 9P with M91A and the Wildcat I had in my bag and started comparing beams! Lol....Then totally forgot I had my Fury in my cost pocket, It's actually a great way to determine throw and compare when you think these could be people I was trying to identify our shock with a light,

Well I ever recover?

Hope not!

Thanks,
Enjoy the show!

You forgot to tell us who was the winner:). My guess is the WC....

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question regards hound dog. (I have just ordered)
" The input voltage is 5.5 to 12 volts. "

What happens at 5.49V? Start dimming or switch off?
I have ordered MD4 body and will use 2 x 18650 IMR cells.
Also have an MD2 so can use that with 2 x IMR16340 already have.

Last edited:

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMRs aren't necessary mine runs fine using standard 3100mAh 18650s.

Norm

Thanks Norm. I have quite a few IMRs so I'll just use what I have.
Have not been on CPF for a while. Like the new high cap 18650s.
Don't like the discontinued 26500s :mad:

So do you know what happens once cells reach 2.75V with the HD?

Norm

Retired Administrator
[guess mode] If my M31 219 with two speed ring running on two eneloops is anything to go by, it won't fire on low but once fired up on high it will run fine when switched to low.

I think the Hound Dog will continue to run at 5.49V with reduced output but may not restart below 5.5V.

[/guess mode]

Norm

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HD will not light up on one 18650.
I just tried it.

But the Wildcat will run at reduced output on one 18650

Tracker II

Enlightened
And it's still pretty dang impressive at that reduced output. I love running mine on a single 18650, there's a certain coolness factor to the look and feel of it.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
And it's still pretty dang impressive at that reduced output. I love running mine on a single 18650, there's a certain coolness factor to the look and feel of it.

Yes, it's very cool.

I run my Hound Dog XML2 on an MD2 with a pair of IMR 18350. Full output, small size. Still gets near a half-hour of run time on high, if you want to run the batteries pretty low. I usually change them earlier than that.

Last edited:

Redhat703

Enlightened
Question regards hound dog. (I have just ordered)
" The input voltage is 5.5 to 12 volts. "

What happens at 5.49V? Start dimming or switch off?
I have ordered MD4 body and will use 2 x 18650 IMR cells.
Also have an MD2 so can use that with 2 x IMR16340 already have.
I'd never run my HD long enough, but my guess is it will run with low mode when the voltage drops below 5.5V until 5.0V (might be 4.5V???) and then shuts up if voltage goes below that.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
The wildcats on sale are almost out of stock. $120 + shipping each. 2 cool whites and 1 neutral wildcats left on malkoff.com

Edit:

Well that was quick.

Malkoff Neutral sold out when I checked again at 08:34 AM.

2 cool whites left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.