The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Friends, the Hound Dog XM-L arrived today and is unbelievable. There are a few left - at the current price it's a steal - strongly urge you to clean Gene out on these! :D

Taking a further plunge here...just bought one of the XM-L Hound Dogs - the sale price was irresistable - and an M61LLL. My Gene-pool is now M60, M60F, M60LF, M61, M61LLL, a Hound Dog XM-L, a Wildcat, and a 2C Mag drop-in. Great stuff, great folks. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Glock 22

Enlightened
Good idea on the headlamp. I have a M61NLLL that I'm debating on posting a beamshot of.

Very nice! I have my M31N in a AA-2 twisty and its one of my favorites. Im gonna buy one of those Fenix headbands and use it for a headlamp as well.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XM-L HoundDogs are now 39% off! I thought I had a steal last week with 36%, but this is even better.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
my m61 dropin is loose in my 9p should i wrap it in aluminum foil or copper for heat sinking?

I would definately make sure the drop-in is making contact with the light body.Aluminum foil should work, that is what I used with a Solarforce body, but you may want to get something better in the long run.I have never noticed any of my Malkoff drop-ins being loose in SF lights.

Shooter21

Enlightened
I would definately make sure the drop-in is making contact with the light body.Aluminum foil should work, that is what I used with a Solarforce body, but you may want to get something better in the long run.I have never noticed any of my Malkoff drop-ins being loose in SF lights.
maybe the new 9Ps have a wider body since mine has the new logo but when i tighten down the bezel the m61 doesn't move.

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Few drop in makes are actually snug against the walls of any model body. It's a lot of work to cut/coat metal that closely. What your describing sounds normal for a 9P + Malkoff.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Try cutting a soda can. It's a little more effective and for me it's easier than fiddling with multiple wraps of thin foil.

Help

Newly Enlightened
I got a wildcat for Christmas from the girlfriend. It is definitely my favorite light now. I can see an md2 in my future. The only thing is I noticed some moisture in the battery compartment after getting it a little bit wet. Are the md2s more water tight than the wildcats?

Last edited:

vincent3664

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know if I can change the plastic lens on the Malkoff Wildcat or Hound dog head for a UCL from Flashlightlens.com?

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered my Malkoff M61 219 4500k HICRI and M31 219 Nichia HICRI drop-ins! Check out the dealer's corner.
[h=3][/h]

Glock 22

Enlightened
I would be very interested in a few beam shots from the M61NLLL. :thumbsup:

Here is a whitewall beamshot compairson of the M61WLLL and the M61NLLL. Hope this helps.

M61WLLL
LENS023.jpg

M61NLLL
LENS020.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.