The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the blemished hound dog today. Couldent see anything wrong with the head except maby a more matte finish. The md2 tube had some nasty scratches, but i were expecting atleast some flaws for the price :) Forgot about the tailcap:ohgeez:Had to use a solarforce L2T cap for now. looks good with the L2T cap :)
img0118fm.jpg

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
jorn- is that a ZL pocketclip, Little Twisty body, VME head setup second from the left? Looks like a nice setup. What are you running in it???

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
jorn- is that a ZL pocketclip, Little Twisty body, VME head setup second from the left? Looks like a nice setup. What are you running in it???
Yes it is. It used to host the m60wlf, now im using the m61LLL 219 on a rcr. I might change back to the m60wlf. Time will tell. Using this light alot on work, just clip it on top of your ear protection, and you got a awsome headlamp that runs forever.

BIG45-70

Enlightened
I've been running an M61 off of a single RCR123 in a VME head and vital gear body. I really like this setup as well. I get about an hour of light or so.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep buying single cr123 tubes for the vme, but always end up using the vme twisty tube (with the zl clip). The nitecore extreme tube looks awsome on the vme (but sold the extreme to a friend..). The vme clicky tube looked funny. The vitalgear Fb-1 tube, looks good. But i like the twisty more.

img0129sa.jpg

If i remember correct i got ~ 30 min with the m30w and 2,5 hours with the m60wlf on a protected aw 16340.

Last edited:

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my new XM-L Hound Dog and went with an MD4 body (only had 1 and have at least 3 of the MD3's and 2 MD2's). Yeah its got a couple of scratches or blemishes in the body here and there but so what. Its rock solid and will out last me. My visual observations tests in side and outside is that it is at least twice as bright as the original XP-G HD. Hot spot is a little bigger, definitely brighter, and the spill is about twice is bright in general. Its beautiful, it works, Its great on Low for a walk around the house light. So glad I finally got one.

Gene, keep up the great work. I want an MD3 or MD4 style body with a side switch on it. You can make a solid aluminum accessory tail cap with spring to replace the ON/Off switch on the back and still use the same cut thread design for the back but I want one with a switch right behind the head on one side for an MD3 or MD4 body. I don't care if it makes it longer to accomodate the switch. Willing to pay for the size and weight, just want the option to go either way.

I know you can do it. Thanks, G.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would also love to have a side switch behind the head of my Hound Dog. If it were an MD4, I'd probably want one even more.

I'll be receiving an MD2 on Monday, so I look forwarding to checking out the balance with the shorty body.

Grizz

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want an MD3 or MD4 style body with a side switch on it.

+1 :hitit:

I'd love to have that option on an MD3, but would take it on an MD4 if that was the only option.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah its got a couple of scratches or blemishes in the body here and there but so what. Its rock solid and will out last me.
You can put some cheap rubber handlebar grips on it. Looks great with a any "big head" malkoff. Cheap + comfortable to hold. Just had to buy a orange set to play with after looking at this: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...t-Custom-low-setting-Custom-grip-Custom-strap
It's super grippy with that knurled rubber grip, nothing else i got comes close in "grippyness" :)

I want an MD3 or MD4 style body with a side switch on it.
Or some sort of "adapter" with side clicky installed. Something that fits between the tube and the head on the exsisting hosts maby? :)

Last edited:

BIG45-70

Enlightened
I had some butter fingers when throwing my M61 into a new host. I dropped the module on my kitchen counter where it bounced and landed on the floor. It still fires up, is there anyway to check for damage?

thaugen

Enlightened
I had some butter fingers when throwing my M61 into a new host. I dropped the module on my kitchen counter where it bounced and landed on the floor. It still fires up, is there anyway to check for damage?

The M61's are built like tanks! If it works and you don't hear anything rattling then I would say you're good to go!

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know of any way to check for damage. Since they're designed to withstand the punishment of being weapon mounted, a simple 4 foot drop would be a very mild impact. Use it with confidence.

Grizz

BIG45-70

Enlightened
Lol I have seen the videos. I actually have an Elzetta sitting on my VZ 58. Just wasn't sure if the same durability applies to the M61.

Good to know though and the video is a great watch for those who haven't seen it!

Last edited:

iwolf81

Newly Enlightened
M61SHO incoming - use in Z2 or 9P?

Hello all,

I recently purchased the new M61SHO and I wondering if it would have a better runtime in a 2 or 3 cell Surefire with CR123's? This engine is destined for either a Z2 or a 9P.

Thanks,
Ira

Shurefire

Newly Enlightened
Re: M61SHO incoming - use in Z2 or 9P?

Hello all,

I recently purchased the new M61SHO and I wondering if it would have a better runtime in a 2 or 3 cell Surefire with CR123's? This engine is destined for either a Z2 or a 9P.

Thanks,
Ira

I'm no expert, particularly in comparison to the people on CPF, but I would think that more capacity would increase your runtime, thus I would stick with the 9P.

Status
Not open for further replies.