The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a spare bezel for the Elzetta. In fact I have 2 Bravo bodies, an Alpha and the Charlie. Obviously I've used the Charlie with the AVS head and it's great. Just interested to try another Malkoff.

elzetta56

Newly Enlightened
I own 2 elzetta charlies
One with AVS head
One with Malkoff M60

The Avs is warmer light, malkoff is neutral to cool but not blue
I have been using the malkoff outside on high power more often lately...3 primaries give it a good runtime and i find the 235 lumens a good "medium" on 5 acres at night, whereas the avs on high i rarely need and i like the m60 on high more than the avs on low when im outside at night...
Inside the avs on low is perfect

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
How's the battery life, Grizz? From the Malkoff site it sounds like it sucks down three CR123As pretty fast. Not that runtime is the be-all, end-all since I've got other lights set up for stamina.

The M91 has more runtime with slightly less output. I kept two of them and sold my M91A.

ncgrass

Enlightened
Trying to decide if I should get a M61LL or a M61LL 219? I am using at the moment a single AW IMR18650. Difference in cost is about $15.

I have the m61LL 219b in an elzetta bravo. It's an edc, and often used to walk through a forest at night. It's got an incredible run, beam pattern time and a great tint. I like the output as well. Since I've recently moved away from cooler lights it has suited my use perfectly. I would highly recommend it.

elzetta56

Newly Enlightened
I have the m61LL 219b in an elzetta bravo. It's an edc, and often used to walk through a forest at night. It's got an incredible run, beam pattern time and a great tint. I like the output as well. Since I've recently moved away from cooler lights it has suited my use perfectly. I would highly recommend it.
if you dont like cool lights, the elzetta with AVS is warmer than my elzetta with the malkoff m60... i find warmer lights easier on my eyes in total darkness

ncgrass

Enlightened
if you dont like cool lights, the elzetta with AVS is warmer than my elzetta with the malkoff m60... i find warmer lights easier on my eyes in total darkness

I'd like to try one at some stage, but they're a bit out of budget right now when I can spare the funds I'll definitely be getting one =D

thaugen

Enlightened
I recently picked up a few of the Surefire 6p Old New Stock and have been loving the simplicity of the twisty/momentary Z41 and the beautiful tints of a variety of Malkoff M61 drop-ins. So far I have a M61nl, M61w, M61wll and a M61l 219 V2. I am really enjoying this marriage of Malkoff and Surefire!

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I recently picked up a few of the Surefire 6p Old New Stock and have been loving the simplicity of the twisty/momentary Z41 and the beautiful tints of a variety of Malkoff M61 drop-ins. So far I have a M61nl, M61w, M61wll and a M61l 219 V2. I am really enjoying this marriage of Malkoff and Surefire!

It really is a marriage made in heaven!

Metal4all6

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to flashlight modding, but have an M61, M61N, and M61W from Malkoff. One in a Surefire 6P and two others in Surefire M951s. All three work well, but I'm trying to find something with a little more output for the M951s. :sssh:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The main challenge with the M951 is without an extension it'll only fit two CR123s. The M61SHO and M91 series need two Li-Ions or three CR123s to deliver reasonable runtimes. Protected RCR123s aren't recommended in weapon mounted lights, so that leaves you with unprotected 16340s, which have relatively small capacity.

The secondary challenge with the M951 is that the lamp socket assembly doesn't provide much contact with the body of the drop-in, so the heat path to the head is sub-optimal. I've run mine with an M61 without a problem, but won't use a higher output drop-in.

Last edited:

JohnSmith

Enlightened
Hound Dog, cool white XM-L2, 1150/1000 lumen version. MD4 tube, Surefire lanyard ring and Zebralight pocket clip...

scout24

Flashaholic
JohnSmith- I freely admit I panicked when I saw your light- I was not aware Malkoff changed to the new design for all the Hound Dog heads, I thought that was an 18650 head!!! :eek: :poof: :sweat: At least they're clearly marked. Nice looking light!

JohnSmith

Enlightened
Thanks for the compliments. I'd like a lightly crenelated bezel for this light. Does anyone, anywhere offer such a thing?

wolfgaze

Enlightened
How does one go about ordering a 'turn key' (complete) MD2 light from Malkoff? I was on his website last night and only saw a few items listed there... Does he only update the website when they are available?

pdeethardt

Newly Enlightened
How does one go about ordering a 'turn key' (complete) MD2 light from Malkoff? I was on his website last night and only saw a few items listed there... Does he only update the website when they are available?

Click on "Products" near the top of the page and you'll see everything that's available. The home page only lists a few items.

Status
Not open for further replies.