The Oldest LIGHT, Flashlight, Torch... In the world.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tint is too blue for my taste

Exactly. I want a real moonlight mode, and I want NW or WW.

And the color rendering? Horrible. Makes everything look sort of silvery-white.

This early version is interesting, but I'm not going to buy one until they can fix some of these obvious problems.

Also--when I look directly at the emitter, I'm pretty sure I see a lot of irregularities.
It's like there is, I don't know, dust or something on it.

This is just poor quality control.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dust? Yeah, the moon uses a dust-based and high orange-peel diffuser. That's why it doesn't show a hotspot on the earth. Smooth, even flood... but it occasionally shows rings. :)

Flashy808

Enlightened
Yeah I think it has a more of dusty reflector (with some artefacts) and I hope the manufacturer does correct the obvious issues. Anyone got their contact info? But a very unique creation as it comes up at night and lights your way with a odd moonlight mode. :)

Greta

Flashaholic
I'm kinda disappointed with it's once-a-month total outage... it doesn't work AT ALL!! ��

(there's an obvious comparison and joke there - don't go there, gentlemen... ;) )

TORCHrider

Newly Enlightened
Here's my last moon shot take on 9/11/11. I did not have my camera for the Blood Moon, but it was a fantastic view from Central Texas.

Flashy808

Enlightened
Here's my last moon shot take on 9/11/11. I did not have my camera for the Blood Moon, but it was a fantastic view from Central Texas.

Wow that is REALLY good up close shot. Shows all the details :). It's not that easy to do that. Especially if your not using a proper camera ;).

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's not a close up shot. THIS is a close up shot! :)
2r1zokj.jpg

Camo5

Newly Enlightened
3Xk9n4E.jpg

Took this with my phone of the recent super moon eclipse, too bad i dont have a tripod or a fancy optical camera :( there was a lot of street lights and cars next to the field I was in, so the beamshot photos are not accurate..

scout24

Flashaholic
Sorry for the second tier pics compared to some in this thread, but the Blood Moon from eastern Pennsylvania on my phone...

20150927_200745_LLS.jpg

20150927_201022.jpg

20150927_220507.jpg

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are actually many ancient Egyptian carvings and hieroglyphs that depict characters walking holding what look exactly like giant incandescent light bulbs. This is supposedly why deep in pyramids and tombs etc. there is zero trace of soot or burn marks from flame torches at all. Just YT Egyptian Lightbulb and you should get some results that show this on the first page of results. Pretty fascinating. How else would workers build these elaborate temples and tombs far from any kind of daylight without flame?

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are actually many ancient Egyptian carvings and hieroglyphs that depict characters walking holding what look exactly like giant incandescent light bulbs. This is supposedly why deep in pyramids and tombs etc. there is zero trace of soot or burn marks from flame torches at all. Just YT Egyptian Lightbulb and you should get some results that show this on the first page of results. Pretty fascinating. How else would workers build these elaborate temples and tombs far from any kind of daylight without flame?
It's also on that Alien show, with buddy and the big hair.
That same stone has other similar modern markings.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah WR! That is what I am talking about! Now infamous dude with the big hair is a maniac! I totally believe the ancients had not only light bulbs but several forms of batteries as well. There is the case of the "Baghdad Batteries" as evidence. The ancients were not dumb although that technology seems to have been relegated to the ancient ruling classes.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just need to know, how some cultures, melted rock on the side of a mountain to build their fortresses with rock mortor?☺
We had help is my opinion.

Latest posts