The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Fox TV series

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope they end the series well when it's time to do, don't start making up crap and turn into a soap opera like Lost did.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Well today marks the end of the Stargate Atlantis series which I enjoyed, and next week begins the end of the Battlestar Galactica series.:mecry:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well today marks the end of the Stargate Atlantis series which I enjoyed, and next week begins the end of the Battlestar Galactica series.:mecry:

I am glad the BG series is coming to a very exciting ending, but I will definitley miss it when it's gone. :(

Lost and 24 are the most annoying, never ending shows!

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well today marks the end of the Stargate Atlantis series which I enjoyed,

That was a half decent series. They had good casting and fun dialog, but the episodes seemed doomed to running and shooting ad nauseum for some reason.

Always loved it when they fired up the stardrive and got Atlantis off the ground. Did they ever give James Blish (Cities in Flight books) his props in the series ?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Always loved it when they fired up the stardrive and got Atlantis off the ground. Did they ever give James Blish (Cities in Flight books) his props in the series ?

James Blish? Ummm...who? I don't take any of these shows that seriously to look for proper credits, accurate representation of facts/reality/science, etc. It's entertainment, show biz. I'm always amazed by trekkies, star wars fanatics, as well as sports nuts who know stats going back to Mickey Mantle by heart. Apparently there are people who know how to speak Klingon to each other.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's nothing wrong with being a geek of any stripe, whether it be sports or flashlights or Star Trek or music or general entertainment. There are much worse things you could do with your time and effort, and if it gives you joy and doesn't hurt anyone, who's to judge?

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
James Blish? Ummm...who? ... I'm always amazed by trekkies, star wars fanatics, as well as sports nuts who know stats going back to Mickey Mantle by heart. Apparently there are people who know how to speak Klingon to each other.

James Blish wrote a series of stories back when about cities like Atlantis that replaced the tin can space ship architecture.

Apparently fan fever doesn't change, check out the Futurians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurians

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
James Blish wrote a series of stories back when about cities like Atlantis that replaced the tin can space ship architecture.

Apparently fan fever doesn't change, check out the Futurians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurians

Cool link. Never heard of the guy. Thanks, NA8!

For all those who thrive on ascribing motivations and meanings beyond what is actually written: "I'm always amazed..."

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Since we've drifted off topic... Long ago James Blish managed to get some early versions of the original Star Trek scripts. He transcribed them into short novels. IHMO he did an awful job too. He had characters saying things they would never say on screen. He never verified that his novel followed the screen play...

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool link. Never heard of the guy. Thanks, NA8!

For all those who thrive on ascribing motivations and meanings beyond what is actually written: "I'm always amazed..."

Lux,

Are you referring to me and my previous post in regards to ascribing motivations and meanings beyond what was actually written?

If so, you should know that I didn't ascribe any motivation or intention to what you wrote. And the only meaning I ascribed to it was that you personally didn't have time for such geekiness, but did have time to post that you didn't have time for it. My positive post in support of all types of geekiness shouldn't be interpreted as any kind of affront towards you, Lux! I just felt a positive post in favor of geekiness was in order. That's all.

Last edited:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lux,

OK. Well, it seems pretty clear to me that you're ignoring me. And that is certainly your prerogative and I don't have a problem with it.

But, to be this way and then post to my threads is something I do have a bit of a problem with. However, I can understand that just because I am the OP doesn't mean I "own" the thread, and you are free to post to whatever threads you would like to post to. So, OK, fine.

BUT, to ignore me, and then post to my own thread, and then snipe at me, --all the while "ignoring" me-- well . . . that's just something else entirely.

Ignore me. Or don't. As you chose. But you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Unless of course I'm misunderstanding your posts, in which case I would ask (once again) that you explain them, either by posting to this thread or by sending me a PM.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, looks like the series continues with a new episode the coming Friday, and another the following Friday. It's used in a time slot before the new series Dollhouse, already mentioned here, which itself has a very interesting sci-fi theme.

I thought the last few episodes from T-TSCCs were episodic, focusing on aspects of what is going on. Some were quite remarkable.

Anyway, we now have blurbs on the two new episodes, as follows:

"An injured Sarah is guided by the image of John's father Kyle Reese, while Weaver's move to protect John Henry results in deadly consequences."

"Sarah, John, Cameron and Derek investigate the company town connected to the destroyed factory while Weaver sends her own man into town in search of a potential survivor."

Looks like Weaver is getting bigger play as a key protagonist. Also that the episodic nature of the (well...) episodes, will continue.

One funny tidbit, the yahoo TV-listing service has ratings of the first of these episodes (100% thumbs up, based on 10 ratings). But, it hasn't aired yet, has it? (maybe it has somewhere...).

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I heard that TSSC was going to be in the time slot just before Dollhouse, and I also heard that this coming Friday, Eliza and Summer will be hosting both shows and talking and stuff during what would normally be commercial breaks. It's a promising two hours of TV to look forward to, in my opinion. I really hope Dollhouse takes off and that we have another Joss Whedon series for our collections, to go with Buffy and Firefly!

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm still just not that excited by TSCC. Just doesn't engage me very much. I mean, I enjoy watching the show, and I'm glad it's still on, but I really wouldn't care too much if I missed an episode. It probably wouldn't matter. What really happens on that show from week to week, anyway? It's all over the place.

I mean, I would have liked to have seen John develop some leadership, some backbone, some smarts--something, ANYTHING to show why he's such a big deal in the future. But, no, nada, ixnay, nothing.

And Sarah is like disintegrating or something--she's supposed to be this almost mythic character--but I just don't see it in this series.

And Cameron? What the heck? They could at least capitalize on the fact that they have a TERMINATOR in their group and do something fun and cool with her in most episodes. But . . . no. She just stands around most of the time, doing nothing, saying nothing.

Stupid. They have good writers. They have good actors and actresses. The show has great potential. But, no, they are squandering it. It's really amazing that it hasn't been canceled yet.

Ah well . . .

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
js,

The reason why the show initially turned me off were the reasons you just cited. I saw its fate coming, and yes, it boils down to the producers/writers/directors. Like other sci-fi tv shows they just end up running out of ideas, and it becomes mindless drivel. Sliders, X-Files, First Wave, etc, all met the same fate. It becomes an endless "what happend to _____?" and "WTF is going on? I thought the series was about ______."

Characters go missing or take the backburner. The plot takes odd new paths that lead to nowhere. The enemies become boring.

I did enjoy the characters, though, more specifically the actresses. I couldn't take my eyes off of Sarah and Cameron- wowie zowie.

Last edited:

seaside

Enlightened
Lot of people says its miscasting though, I still think its ok.

John right now is just a wayward teenager kid, can't expect anything much at this moment. Hope that will change soon.

Sarah is doing ok though, she is bit too faminine to compare with original Sarah at the movies. Well... why they put this sarah instead of original sarah at TSCC is sort of understandable. Kid need mother more than a warrior. For warrior feature, that's what derrick is there for.

Cameron, I have no comment on this role. Its oddiest terminator I ever seen. This little doll should be quite advanced and stronger than regular cromatie though, sometimes it isn't. And, what the heck, I don't care. I just love Summer Glou. That's it. They better not replace her to other actress, or else.... LOL.