The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Fox TV series

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Another question I forgot to ask. As I understand it, Weaver & Co was using the Cromartie body as a Physical User Interface for John Henry. The intelligence was in the racks of hardware behind him. Even if the Cromartie body took Cameron's chip, John Henry is still in the present. Or am I confused again???:thinking: So it was John Henry that was saying "I'm sorry John" repeatedly?

oronocova

Enlightened
I figured cameron told john henry how to remove her chip and put it in his head and allowed him to do so. That way john henry could then be unplugged (remember cameron was damaged from the jail break, JH was "100%")... but the JH body would have cameron's chip and there for be cameron? I thought it was probably cameron displaying the "I'm sorry" message but I don't have a good reason.

I must admit I am really bummed that they are maybe cancelling this show. I don't keep up with ratings and all that so I did not realize it was doing bad. I do look forward to the new movie though.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
JH and Cameron could have switched places. Him going into the chip, her going into the hardware behind the Cromarite body. And this is perhaps how the time travel hardware/software was enabled and setup so quickly. Cameron has all the knowledge, whereas JH does not. So the "I'm sorry" was Cameron communicating from inside the JH hardware.

If I'm right. It's anybodies guess.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
JS
Brilliant. I NEVER would have thought of that. I'm with the rest of the crowd; let's see another season. I'd like to see if you're right. If this has happened, I wonder what JH will be like and know. What could Cameron do stuck in the rack of hardware? (and what kind of drama could she perform?) We're forced to ask (again) "What is Cameron's real objective?". What is "Weaver's" objective too? Retrospectively, why did Jesse want Riley to keep Cameron away from JC? A lot of questions, damn few answers......

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
It's dead. I figured it would end with the last episode, and as a series ending, that is why I said it was dumb. It left more story/time lines open and unresolved than a submarine with a screen door. A proper way to end a season that has a high probability of being cancelled is how Heroes closes each season as a completed chapter. Endings like this are "fan abuse."

http://www.airlockalpha.com/news426363.html
http://www.airlockalpha.com/news426362.html

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh my God, that's ridiculous! After that last episode, it suddenly started to get really interesting. I wish they'd at least have the courtesy to wrap things up. Maybe, a full length movie to finish it off? I wish SciFi would pick this one up.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arrggg!! Dollhouse won out over this. :( Just when it was getting good!

I was so ill when Invasion was killed off at the end of the season with alot left unaswered. Just like was said above, Fan Abuse!

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arrggg!! Dollhouse won out over this. :( Just when it was getting good!
That's exactly what happened. As a Dollhouse fan, I was kind of glad when I heard it made it, but I also knew that meant TSCC would be canceled. (Definitely better than losing both, though, which seemed a definite possibility for a while.)

I'm not real sure which way I'd rather things had gone -- TSCC seriously bogged down for a while, but they got good again towards the end. I think I enjoyed Dh more overall, but if TSCC's third season were ran as well as the end of the second, it'd be better than Dh's first season. Then again, Dh got a bit of a rough start, too, so factoring for that... Why can't I have both!?

It's a good thing I don't run a network. I'd either go nuts trying to make calls like this, or bankrupt the network by always going the CPF way: keep both!

I'll certainly be happy if SciFi picks it up, but I doubt it'll happen. It's over, and the 57 ends left open from the series finale will just stay that way. :(

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dollhouse has way more potential, in my highly biased and subjective opinion. But, I definitely would have prefered to have BOTH shows continued. But TSCC just didn't earn it this season. They really made a poor showing for MOST of the 2nd season. I only continued watching just 'cause I'm a sci fi fan, but for little other reason. I agree that towards the end things were really good, but that's not a good indicator of what they would do with another full season, I don't think.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
So another cliff hanger ending eh? I'm glad I stopped watching when it went downhill, otherwise the ending would bother me to hell.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reason that Dollhouse was renewed, and Sarah Connor was not, is that Dollhouse was/is also produced by Fox, while Sarah Connor was produced by Warner. Both did not do well in ratings, meaning that the network (in this case, Fox, which is an affiliated, but separate entity from the Fox production studio) did not make enough money by selling ads (sales on iTunes profit only the studio, streaming on Hulu as well, I think; DVR ratings DO profit the network as well, but less than the broadcast ratings since most people fast forward through the ads, so advertisers naturally try to pay less for them).

Besides all that, the (broadcast) ratings for TTSCC were really abysmal; and Joss Whedon is obviously really good at selling himself and promising to produce the next season of 13 episodes of Dollhouse for a lower budget.

1wrx7

Enlightened
Family Guy was cancelled years ago. After amazing DVD sales the series was brought back:D.

I love the Terminator franchise, and last week I bought the first season of TSCC on Blu-Ray. Yes the first half of the second season was tepid to say the least, but damnit I want to know what happened at the end. I also want to know what happens in the future:D:poke: Every fan of the show should buy the first season... maybe we'll get to see more of Lena and Summer:whistle:.... or maybe Si-Fi will give us what we want:candle:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Family Guy was cancelled years ago. After amazing DVD sales the series was brought back:D.

I love the Terminator franchise, and last week I bought the first season of TSCC on Blu-Ray. Yes the first half of the second season was tepid to say the least, but damnit I want to know what happened at the end. I also want to know what happens in the future:D:poke: Every fan of the show should buy the first season... maybe we'll get to see more of Lena and Summer:whistle:.... or maybe Si-Fi will give us what we want:candle:

Things like Family Guy, or my favorite fan generated reversal, Jericho are damn few and far between. I loved buying those bags of nuts and seeing tons of them being delivered to the CBS loading docks. I would not recommend buying DVD's of this TSCC series hoping that it will translate into a reversal. There needs to be a huge fan-generated widespread movement to even get the studio/network's attention.

As elgarak rightly points out, the ownership/production by Warner, and abysmal ratings make it a lost cause. A show like Family Guy has more attractive DVD sales because like most comedies, they are pretty much each complete and enjoyable episodes. You can watch the first or last season episodes of Seinfeld and not have to know what was going on throughout the series.

TSCC was a very complex show because of the multiple characters coming and going, superfluous plot lines that looked like they may have been important, and frequent time jumping which began to seem as ordinary as getting on an elevator.

It was hard enough to remember what was going on between a run of episodes....God forbid if you missed an episode or three. If there is a closing off sequel, it will have to be a low budget production. Star Trek & Stargate have had some of these sequel DVD's, but they were the most successful Sci-Fi franchises to date.