The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, finally I have 6PX Defender. The version is 200 lumens.
The previous owner painted it from a can, apparently under the impression of a computer game.

I like the light, it's gently green. But there is a problem with the glass, from time it was scratched
and scratches give a lot of shadow in the ray. In the central point it is not visible,
but it is clearly visible in surrounding halo.

I read the forum, there is a good reference to these glasses
https://www.flashlightlens.com/index.php
But there is nowhere mentioned 6PX, only G2 and 6P/9P.
Will this glass suit?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The G2x and 6px has a slightly larger lens.

Contact Chris over there and he'll steer you to a better lens. He probably has a few variations of the stock size be-it ultraclear glass, hardcoat acrylic or ultraclear acrylic.

He usually answers my emails in a day or two. Heck, a couple of times I asked for custom sizes explaining the light it came in and he'd add that size to the lineup in case others wanted some too. (Maglite ML25 and big head Kel-Lites for example) but usually I found what I need within his current sizes available.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
G2x pro is my fav EDC.

It's very light and runs forever on low. If you need high, you have it.

Any Malkoff is a lot better but heavier.

Any possibility of a G3x Pro?

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you bore out the 6Px body to 18mm?

I prefer to stay with a 16650 format. For some reason I wish to stay "standard" with expensive (for me) lights :) I've seen already a photo here with a ruined Surefire where tail cap thread was lying separately from the body :)

Hoodzy98

Newly Enlightened
If somonse in the US buys a few of these and willing too sell to someone in Australia thatd be great

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I got one. Thanks for the heads up. 35.68 bucks once they charged me tax and shipping (I just couldn't buy 2 to avoid shipping. I am up to my gills in flashlights). I am thinking Keeppower 16650 2500 mAh. Anyone ever determine the voltage range. Odds are if the Keeppower fits (usually does) it will work for a 2XCR123 setup even with 3.7 nominal volts. Runs a Malkoff a bit longer than 2XCR123. I have not really read this thread so betting others have worked this out.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's too bad that Surefire doesn't ship overseas and doesn't allow US dealers to sell outside US. Europe based Surefire dealers are rare and the prices are usually MUCH higher than buying in USA.

Pinarello

Newly Enlightened
OpticsPlanet export to EU, but asking 110$ + shipping. Check LAPoliceGear. They don't have yet the new models (EDCLT-1, EDCLT-2 and Tactician), but shipping is acceptable (40-45$). Good luck to you and me regarding custom fees!
P.S. I am third world man (Croatia), but it seems Surefire treats all EU as a Third World. They might be very satisfied with other markets.

Wicho

Enlightened
I've done some searching and can't seem to find an answer to the below. Hope someone can help.

I recently bought two G2ZX lights and both have extremely stiff switches. In order to be able to make the lights turn on as intended using the Rogers/Surefire hold, I have to tighten the tailcap to within a millimeter or so of the constant on position, and when doing so, sometimes the light stays on when using the momentary switch.

My old 9Z, G2Z, M3, and G2 tailcaps all work much better. I can have the tailcap backed out from constant on a reasonable amount and easily, with light pressure from the palm, temporarily activate the lights. I've tried my G2 cap on the G2ZX and it works like a champ, I just think the new ones should work like the old ones. Am I missing something? Is there a way of breaking in the new switches, or do you think I maybe just received duds (or maybe this is just the way the new ones are?)

Thanks for any insight you may provide.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know, I've got a Fury not long ago and its switch stiffness is very close to an Elzetta Bravo switch. And the latter is famous to be a work out equipment for your fingers. When I tried to turn Elzetta first time my first idea was: "What the ...?!" :)

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've done some searching and can't seem to find an answer to the below. Hope someone can help.

I recently bought two G2ZX lights and both have extremely stiff switches. In order to be able to make the lights turn on as intended using the Rogers/Surefire hold, I have to tighten the tailcap to within a millimeter or so of the constant on position, and when doing so, sometimes the light stays on when using the momentary switch.

My old 9Z, G2Z, M3, and G2 tailcaps all work much better. I can have the tailcap backed out from constant on a reasonable amount and easily, with light pressure from the palm, temporarily activate the lights. I've tried my G2 cap on the G2ZX and it works like a champ, I just think the new ones should work like the old ones. Am I missing something? Is there a way of breaking in the new switches, or do you think I maybe just received duds (or maybe this is just the way the new ones are?)

Thanks for any insight you may provide.

I've never tried it myself, but i remember reading about a solution somewhere. This is from a user called "Slippers" on another forum.

"It is, but it's a very easy fix. The spring is inserted into a hole in the aluminum part inside the tailcap. You can take a pair of pliers and push an additional coil of the spring down inside the hole, and reduce the tension. Easy to undo if you don't like it, as well."