The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
I don't know how many of you ordered 6PX lights from Surefire on Black Friday but I got this bull crap email from them today:

Fm7SPYB.jpg

sovereign

Newly Enlightened
I don't know how many of you ordered 6PX lights from Surefire on Black Friday but I got this bull crap email from them today:

How many? Have you seen the thread on ar15? 18 pages of outrage and counting.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
First Surefire back ordered my order for weeks and weeks then sent me a message which appears to indicate their intent to squelch on the Black Friday deal.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here...rip..
I'd like to see the AR15 forum thread lol. Can someone PM the link?
Check out FB. They're getting burnt all over for bait and switch; it would seem this isn't the first time it's happened either.

Last edited:

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
No they're not honoring the CC they advertised. They want more money. Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd year in a row.......

Yeah it is. I can understand it happening once, but two or three times? Seems kind of sketchy if you ask me. It wouldn't have even been that big a deal to me if they'd canceled them upright, but it's more the fact that they kept us waiting almost a whole month to tell us. How can it possibly take them that long to figure it out? Clearly the backorder email was also a blatant lie because when people called, they were told they could pay the rest of the cost and the lights would ship immediately.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I definitely won't be ordering from Surefire ever again. I can justify buying unnecessarily expensive lights if I know that my money is going to a good business, such as Oveready, Malkoff, PFlexPro, etc.

Surefire has shown that they do not care about their customers and as such, I will take my dollars to companies that have integrity.

Also I checked their facebook page briefly and I'm glad to see SF getting rightfully flamed by the customers they lied to. It's pretty brutal over there.

Last edited:

pc_light

Enlightened
Yeah, SF probably needs to hire some proper programmers to manage their webpage systems. Obviously they never intended for "double dipping" with coupons, this is almost always the case with retailers and promotional discounts. They only compounded the problem by not immediately owning up to their mistake and instead trying to explain away the snafu as a back-order/out of stock issue.

Having said that, SF has reactivated the 6PX Pro deal for all at $38++, no code needed. Still a descent deal if that light was on one's wish list.

I re-ordered.

michaelmcgo

Enlightened

No, they cancelled everyone's orders to make them reorder at this $38 price. On Black Friday they were going for $26 with the coupon code ALLTHELUMENS. 4 days later Surefire moved all the orders to "Backordered" but said they would still ship soon. It too them 3 weeks to get back in touch with everyone who ordered and say they weren't going to honor the Black Friday price of $26 but to be safe they cancelled EVERYONE'S order...

choombak

Enlightened
There are two sides to every coin. While I am not defending SureFire's decision to cancel all orders, I find the calling into question SureFire's integrity by the bruised souls, who used the coupon (reserved for listeners of Ballistic Radio podcast) to order deeply discounted lights, a bit laughable. Also, worth noting is the fact that this deal including SideKick's becoming "free" was posted over slickdeals, with people calling in to check order status if they did not receive the email within ten minutes of order. It had ABUSE clearly spelled all over it. I haven't ever seen any vendor offer their merchandise for free ($0), and this is certainly a glitch in their ordering process, doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand this.

What followed was a natural reaction: SureFire noticed the abuse and decided to hold all orders placed around BlackFriday for particular lights, till they could piece it together. Now, their coupon system would be a complex maze of conditions expressed through software, and they had to rely on their software vendor to extract these orders. It can easily take weeks - for SureFire to formulate what they want, for their software vendor to understand the limitations of the system and help SureFire get what they want, and finally for SureFire to make a decision.

I was not a bit surprised that they cancelled all orders, and offered customers to place new ones for BlackFriday prices. Double-dipping with the coupon is disallowed, as most who shop online should be knowing it by now. I think it is best to keep out discussions around integrity out of this debate.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are two sides to every coin. While I am not defending SureFire's decision to cancel all orders, I find the calling into question SureFire's integrity by the bruised souls, who used the coupon (reserved for listeners of Ballistic Radio podcast) to order deeply discounted lights, a bit laughable. Also, worth noting is the fact that this deal including SideKick's becoming "free" was posted over slickdeals, with people calling in to check order status if they did not receive the email within ten minutes of order. It had ABUSE clearly spelled all over it. I haven't ever seen any vendor offer their merchandise for free ($0), and this is certainly a glitch in their ordering process, doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand this.

What followed was a natural reaction: SureFire noticed the abuse and decided to hold all orders placed around BlackFriday for particular lights, till they could piece it together. Now, their coupon system would be a complex maze of conditions expressed through software, and they had to rely on their software vendor to extract these orders. It can easily take weeks - for SureFire to formulate what they want, for their software vendor to understand the limitations of the system and help SureFire get what they want, and finally for SureFire to make a decision.

I was not a bit surprised that they cancelled all orders, and offered customers to place new ones for BlackFriday prices. Double-dipping with the coupon is disallowed, as most who shop online should be knowing it by now. I think it is best to keep out discussions around integrity out of this debate.
You make some good points and I'm willing to admit that the language of my earlier post may have been a bit of an overreaction.

However, after doing some reading it seems as though SF has pulled this same game on previous black fridays, which leads me to doubt that it is just an honest mistake.
Also I would have been fine if they had owned up right away and said something like "we're having problems with our discount system and we'll let you know when we've got it sorted." But they didn't. They said it was backordered even though they had plenty of them. They just didn't want to sell at the promised price.

Anyway, this topic has been hashed out plenty in other places so I won't bring it up anymore here.

Carry on.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I didn't abuse anything. I used a CC code learned about here and advertised at SF of which they accepted. There is no excuse for putting me on backorder for weeks and weeks then cancelling my order. It's not like I jumped on a 28 cent computer glitch aka predatory buyer. It was a discount. They know enough to contact me to back out of the deal then ask for more money as they have all the info from my order of a single light weeks and weeks ago. I didn't order 50 to sell on EBay. I ordered 1. I placed another order at their increased price but I don't see two sides to this issue given their actions after the fact. I am done with this and will post again if I get the light.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't abuse anything. I used a CC code learned about here and advertised at SF of which they accepted. There is no excuse for putting me on backorder for weeks and weeks then cancelling my order. It's not like I jumped on a 28 cent computer glitch aka predatory buyer. It was a discount. They know enough to contact me to back out of the deal then ask for more money as they have all the info from my order of a single light weeks and weeks ago. I didn't order 50 to sell on EBay. I ordered 1. I placed another order at their increased price but I don't see two sides to this issue given their actions after the fact. I am done with this and will post again if I get the light.

+1 to this.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
So let me make sure that I'm understanding this...SF, in an effort to be very generous and give a great deal to some potential customers, lowers the price of their 6PX Pro from $95 to $38 for their Cyber Monday Sale. Some potential customers, seeing a chance to game the system, use a coupon code to try get an additional 30% off of the $38 (in this case, just a bit more than $11) to lower the price down to ~$27 and because the SF internet department hadn't figured out prior how to disable additional discounts for said light, the orders went through.

Now, delivery aside, SF figured out how to get the already deeply discounted $95 light out to the people who ordered it and because they cannot get the additional $11 off of the $38 price, those same folks are calling out the integrity of SF?

Gamers...I even read some post on FB with a link to Amazon for a made in China Streamlight that is somehow supposed to be a light comparable to the SF.

What was that phrase that Forrest Gump said to Mrs. Blue?

Last edited:

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
So let me make sure that I'm understanding this...SF, in an effort to be very generous and give a great deal to some potential customers, lowers the price of their 6PX Pro from $95 to $38 for their Cyber Monday Sale. Some potential customers, seeing a chance to game the system, use a coupon code to try get an additional 30% off of the $38 (in this case, just a bit more than $11) to lower the price down to ~$27 and because the SF internet department hadn't figured out prior how to disable additional discounts for said light, the orders went through.

Now, delivery aside, SF figured out how to get the already deeply discounted $95 light out to the people who ordered it and because they cannot get the additional $11 off of the $38 price, those same folks are calling out the integrity of SF?

Gamers...I even read some post on FB with a link to Amazon for a made in China Streamlight that is somehow supposed to be a light comparable to the SF.

What was that phrase that Forrest Gump said to Mrs. Blue?

I wouldn't say "game" per se. The coupon code was public knowledge and distributed by Surefire itself.

What's truly the issue is that this is not the first, nor the second, but at least the third year in a row that this has happened. Each time they've inexplicably have some "software error" thats leads to this happening on BF. In the aftermath, they either fail to deliver or demand more money.

Even more so disconcerting is the blatant lie that the items were backordered. It wouldn't have been an issue if they'd rectified their mistake in the next couple days. But no, they waited almost a month. In the span of this month, numerous customers who'd used the code called SF to check upon the status of their order. They were all told that everything looked like it was on track.

That's the main issue at root here. If you need more context, check out the ARF thread on the BF discount. 19 pages of dissatisfaction and general abhorrence. I don't mean to rant, and I'm completely cognizant that there's always two sides of the story. Just trying to elucidate from the customers' perspective.

Last edited:

Latest posts