The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

Wicho

Enlightened
FYI, Sportsmans Warehouse has the black G2X Pro for $34.99. If you sign up for their emails you get an extra 10% off code right away. Free shipping on $99 or more or free ship to store. Probably the best deal I've seen outside everyone's favorite auction site.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
So with about 3 days left till Christmas SF remembered they promised to do something and sent me this email...... Just an update on my order... LOL!

"During our Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions, we experienced significant issues with our order software that resulted in a delay or cancellation of orders. Our previous communication promised we would send instructions as to how you can purchase the 6PX™ Pro for $38, Sidekick for $39.95 or the FirePak with case for $99. These products are now available on our website at these prices. No other discounts will apply. We value our customers and apologize for any inconvenience we have caused."

But what they don't know or rather can't as this was a group email is I already reordered and was put on back order. But don't fear flashlight lovers. It's going to be a SF Christmas after all. 4 days ago I ordered a new SF and today in the mail this was waiting!!!!

ntWO5pR.jpg

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, Sportsmans Warehouse has the black G2X Pro for $34.99. If you sign up for their emails you get an extra 10% off code right away. Free shipping on $99 or more or free ship to store. Probably the best deal I've seen outside everyone's favorite auction site.

Cool..neat.

Woods Walker

I have always liked the SF nitrolon polymor flashlights. The G2Z has been one of my stand by lights for a long time. Replaced the P60 with a P60L then M60LL and finally a M61NL. Don't own any newer ones.

Ok I got the Black Friday debacle light. Have not gotten a chance to open the package yet but even though the package it looked good. My official ruling (not that SF or anyone really cares... LOL) is......... wait for it......... incompetency. I decided given all the guff they got it probably wasn't an intentional bait and switch. The fact it's the 3rd year in a row kinda supports the incompetency argument. :whistle::laughing:

HzkTOTC.jpg

But the light is really the important focus. I looked at it for a second. What LED are they using. It looked about the same size as an XP-G2 but seemed somehow different. Is this waterproof as wanting to go camping in the sub zero and considering field testing the light which includes a dunk in the icy water and flash freeze in the sub zero night.

Last edited:

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have always liked the SF nitrolon polymor flashlights. The G2Z has been one of my stand by lights for a long time. Replaced the P60 with a P60L then M60LL and finally a M61NL. Don't own any newer ones.

Ok I got the Black Friday debacle light. Have not gotten a chance to open the package yet but even though the package it looked good. My official ruling (not that SF or anyone really cares... LOL) is......... wait for it......... incompetency. I decided given all the guff they got it probably wasn't an intentional bait and switch. The fact it's the 3rd year in a row kinda supports the incompetency argument. :whistle::laughing:

HzkTOTC.jpg

But the light is really the important focus. I looked at it for a second. What LED are they using. It looked about the same size as an XP-G2 but seemed somehow different. Is this waterproof as wanting to go camping in the sub zero and considering field testing the light which includes a dunk in the icy water and flash freeze in the sub zero night.

They're not officially waterproof per SureFire, but should stand up to moderate submersion. I recall someone on YouTube leaving his G2X in a meter of water overnight and the light was none the worse for wear.

Last edited:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I accidentally put my G2X (1st gen) through a full cycle in the washing machine a couple of years ago and not a drop made it into the inside of the light...the outside was a lot cleaner though, LOL!

Woods Walker

It's a really nice light.

mCMmDHn.jpg

The clicky fits the 6P. Same good build as the 6P however the new is more slippery. The tail cap doesn't dig into a lithium ion. The few marks are from another light. On a side note the low appears brighter than 15 lumens which is ok by me.

XU5a1jF.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The 6PX was modeled to slide in and out of holsters more easily. A policemans pet peev is so often their belt carried light snags the leather holster, or prematurely wears out the nylon.

The low is said to be 19-24 lumens (although SureFire says 15)
I went with G2x Pro at first because it was able to slip n slide from a holster easily, but had more grip thanks to sculpted areas on the body creating cavities to grab while wearing gloves. But it still got a wrist lanyard.

Gotta agree with the "I" word used.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

I am in my Tipi. The river is frozen along the banks. Water is moving fast under the ice. Temps are sub zero F. Despite the cranking cold there is only an ice of snow on the ground. It was a challenge getting water. Dunk test too dangerous. But going for a night walk so will take it for that. Going to make a little survival kit just Incase. Will stoke the woodstove as well.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I am in my Tipi. The river is frozen along the banks. Water is moving fast under the ice. Temps are sub zero F. Despite the cranking cold there is only an ice of snow on the ground. It was a challenge getting water. Dunk test too dangerous. But going for a night walk so will take it for that. Going to make a little survival kit just Incase. Will stoke the woodstove as well.

I read this from a comfy sofa in a 70° den while the wind is howling outside... and frankly don't want to trade places with ya right now. (Not because of the brrrrrrr factor, but because the lovely Mrs. Fixer is sitting next to me on the sofa looking more striking than the day we met).

Happy New Year btw.

Woods Walker

I found a nice standing deadwood large maple sapling. Dense as a rock. It's burning really nice in the titanium stove. The light was a joy. Nice beam and modes. The switch is hard to press with a glove one handed but thats ok. SF sucks at BlackFriday but still makes a good light. Might get one of the new plastic ones.

CLBME

Enlightened
bykfixer.......I had to reply. Best post I've read in a while. Feel the same about my better half after 25yrs with rings on our fingers plus a couple more without. :) Carry on with flashlights........

..... , but because the lovely Mrs. Fixer is sitting next to me on the sofa looking more striking than the day we met).

Happy New Year btw.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ As a construction inspector I really dig your Avatar CL.

Hey WW, I wonder if the cold climate making the rubber button cover stiffer on your light that night added to the difficulty pushing the button.

I have some "super gloves" that require an exposed button cover and soft press. The kind Mt. Everest climbers slip over their hands before bunking down in a tent hung some 22,000 feet above sea level.... I don't think the button on my G2x Pro would stick out far enough or be soft enough in those gloves. I think a twisty like on an A2 would be better. Button sticks way out on that one.

thaugen

Enlightened
I just received my yellow Surefire GX2 (not purchased directly from Surefire) that was advertised as a 600/15 lumen version, it is actually a 320/15 lumen version. It is going back...

carrot

Flashaholic
I have a 320/15 G2X Pro that I recently just picked up because I was looking for a Nitrolon light for the winter. I also have a very early "D" 6PX Pro that I received as a warranty replacement for a malfunctioning 6PX before the head spring was added.

I noticed that my new G2X Pro has PWM on low and a slightly more textured reflector. Anybody know anything about this quietly made revision? Has anybody else noticed PWM on this model?

Edit: The G2X Pro does not have PWM, but there are nearly indistinguishable counterfeits! See post #1523 and #1525 below for details.

Last edited:

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
I have a 320/15 G2X Pro that I recently just picked up because I was looking for a Nitrolon light for the winter. I also have a very early "D" 6PX Pro that I received as a warranty replacement for a malfunctioning 6PX before the head spring was added.

I noticed that my new G2X Pro has PWM on low and a slightly more textured reflector. Anybody know anything about this quietly made revision? Has anybody else noticed PWM on this model?

Are you certain it has PWM on the low mode? That's a bummer if it does...

carrot

Flashaholic
Are you certain it has PWM on the low mode? That's a bummer if it does...

Yes it definitely does. The plastic finish on the grip also appears slicker than the older style of Nitrolon that I've seen on earlier models and the incan G2/G3.

Edit: The G2X Pro does not have PWM, but there are nearly indistinguishable counterfeits! See post #1523 and #1525 below for details.

Last edited: