The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

BSGGUNS

Newly Enlightened
I just e mailed surefire. I remember years ago they had an LEO discount program. If they still do I will probably order one

I believe they still do based on a Game Warden buddy of mine. We have been able to beat their prices on a one on one basis for batteries and such though. Just a thought you may want to consider. If your local dealer is aggressive like I am on getting in on the new stuff they may have one. We, like stated before jumped in as soon as they came available and got 6 fast. The follow up order is expected in February though. I will be anxious to see what they state for new stuff at Shot Show next month in Vegas.

Glock 22

Enlightened
Just picked up a new Surefire P2X-B-BK 500 Lumens. It's a keeper!

Last edited:

cummins4x4

Enlightened
I keep waffling on this one. One minute I am thinking what a great light, then I start thinking it can't be a REAL Surefire for that price. Is the build quality really as good as what we are used to from SF??

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe they still do based on a Game Warden buddy of mine. We have been able to beat their prices on a one on one basis for batteries and such though. Just a thought you may want to consider. If your local dealer is aggressive like I am on getting in on the new stuff they may have one. We, like stated before jumped in as soon as they came available and got 6 fast. The follow up order is expected in February though. I will be anxious to see what they state for new stuff at Shot Show next month in Vegas.

Yup, got an answer via e mail. LEO gets 20% off :)

Guess what's next on my hit list!

Glock 22

Enlightened
I am checking out different kinds of pocket clips for my Fury. I just ordered a Oveready Derlin Tail Shroud, and it's suppost to be here friday. Has anyone ever used one of these on a Surefire light? Any suggestions on a good bezel down pocket clip?

naked2

Enlightened
I keep waffling on this one. One minute I am thinking what a great light, then I start thinking it can't be a REAL Surefire for that price. Is the build quality really as good as what we are used to from SF??
I've read this and what others have said about quality (or the lack thereof).

For anyone that actually owns a Fury: Does it say "Made in USA"? Or has even SureFire finally succumed to Chinese outsourcing?

Glock 22

Enlightened
On my Fury package at the bottom where it tells the model # it say's Designed and assembled in the U.S.A. of domestic and foregin components. This product qualifies as " American Made" under the Buy American Act.
Hopes this helps.

naked2

Enlightened
"Qualifies as American Made" and "Made in USA" are two different things; basically a Chinese SureFire :shakehead; another strike against this light. I wonder if the other new SureFire offerings are "Chinese" as well? I need to look at some of my packaging.

Glock 22, what does it say on the light?

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDIT: The lens is now proven to not be glass. It still does not stop me from liking the light.

The reason it says "foregin components" is that Cree led's are made in China. Some of Surefires xenon lamps were made in Mexico a while back too. Surefire does the machining work here in the states. I dont see why some of you all are questioning the quality of the Fury so much. It takes alot to impress me these days. I have personally handled Glock22's Fury and did not see anything shoddy about it. The Fury definitely has a glass lens (proven by other members in this thread). The ano was nicely matched. Nice beam and output. It is as American made as any other light made in the good ole US. You do not get inflated output or runtime claims that we expect from some of the other manufacturers.... You get exactly what SF says and possibly more if you are lucky. At it's price point, you cannot expect the Fury to be equal to Surefires high end torches in terms of fit and finish. I'll gladly pay $150 for this light over it's cheaper competitors.

Last edited:

Glock 22

Enlightened
On the light this is everything that is say's Surefire A75949 Fury U.S PAT D644775' RE40125 CE nothing that say's Made in the U.S.A. That's got me to thinking. It's not even on Surefires website yet. I"ll also check on my other boxes as well. :sick2:

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
We have been through this in a dedicated thread. Search it out if you really feel you need to. These X-type handhelds are no different to any other SureFires such as their flagship LX2. They're all machined etc and assembled at their production facilities in the USA (SoCal).

naked2

Enlightened
Al, then you can tell us definitively that the LED is the only foreign component? Or are there others, and if so, which?

Glock 22

Enlightened
I'm completely satisfied with my Fury you would just have to see the output it gives to believe just how bright it is. Money well spent.

naked2

Enlightened
Thats that the existing thread is for - detailed discussion of such things
But I'm not talking in general; I'm talking specifically about "The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight". Can you confirm anything I asked above?

Also, to kyhunter1:
I never said this light is shoddy; just that it's not for me (see post #103). Also, I own many Chinese lights, but in the past, have chosen SureFire over other lights because (among other things) they were made in USA. Now I will rethink that when deciding about new SureFire offerings; that's all. It doesn't mean that I won't buy another SureFire, just not this one.

AAMOF, I've just looked at the packaging and user manuals of my M600C, G2L, and 6P (x2); no mention of where they're made AT ALL. Yet I'm still completely happy with them (though I've sold the two 6P bodies at the MarketPlace; another plus of Lego ability!).

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
No way I would pay over a hundred dollars for a flashlight with a plastic lens. Doesn't Surefire clearly state what the lens is.made of?

Last edited: