The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

gripnSUREFIRE

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the lame, uninformative post here....but I cannot for the life of me find an O-Ring that will work with the clip. Everyone I find just squishes right out?
Any help?

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps worth noting that there is a difference between centering and focusing. SureFire focus their beams. It's the beam that counts and that's what SureFire endeavour to focus rather than simply centering the components.

Are you saying that SF somehow adjusts the focus of individual units during manufacture, Al?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Are you saying that SF somehow adjusts the focus of individual units during manufacture, Al?
Yes.
I'm not sure of the specifics for reflector'd LEDs, but for the TIR optic bezels, it's done when the two halves are screwed together - that's why there is a tolerance gap that is wider on some bezels than others (as opposed to all the components simply being screwed tightly together).

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I've decided on my next torch! :thumbsup:

I think you're making the right call. I have several Surefires, and the Fury is my favorite. The only gripes I have are that it doesn't have knurling, and the anti-roll feature is very subtle. If they had a Fury in a 6P body, that would be the ultimate Surefire IMO.

Xacto

Enlightened
[...]If they had a Fury in a 6P body, that would be the ultimate Surefire IMO.
It would be great if every head of the new lights (G2X/6PX, Fury) would be legoable with the tried and true 6P body. And if they would add a small spring to the contact in the head, things would be even better. Especially with crenelated bezels.

Cheers
Thorsten

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm seriously considering picking up a P2XD Fury from la police gear. Y'all are satisfied with the single mode fury lights? How's the throw?

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very satisfied. My single mode modded P2XB is holding up just fine. Ive broke all of surfires rules with this one with the mod and running it on two RCR's. Throw is like a Malkoff M60, but a whole lot brighter.

I'm seriously considering picking up a P2XD Fury from la police gear. Y'all are satisfied with the single mode fury lights? How's the throw?

Shurefire

Newly Enlightened
Very satisfied. My single mode modded P2XB is holding up just fine. Ive broke all of surfires rules with this one with the mod and running it on two RCR's. Throw is like a Malkoff M60, but a whole lot brighter.

How does it handle the voltage of the RCR's? Are you using rcr123 or the new surefire lipo 123s?

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
AW123 Lico's. Seems to handle the voltage just fine. Surefire want tell you that the Fury has a buck driver in it with more headroom in the voltage than just the 6 volts from two primaries. Remember that doing the single mode mod and using RCR's other than SF brand voids your warranty.

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up a P2X-Defender from Surefires headquarters a couple of weeks back. (they were out of the P2X-Combat). Really slick light, very bright and great beam quality as usual. I picked up the blue filter with it. (would have gone red or diffuse but they wanted $100 for those models vs. the blue.)

Really nice light.

Retinator

Enlightened
Could the Fury Defender be the DM2 Defender?

A Canadian dealer lists the combat grip version with the tactical (one mode) and defender versions all on sale now.

www.911supply.ca

The Defender looks cool, if the beam doesn't get you, the teeth will.

Retinator

Enlightened
I picked up a P2X-Defender from Surefires headquarters a couple of weeks back. (they were out of the P2X-Combat). Really slick light, very bright and great beam quality as usual. I picked up the blue filter with it. (would have gone red or diffuse but they wanted $100 for those models vs. the blue.)

Really nice light.

Ya, I noticed that. Why the price difference?
Oh well a red Pak/Pal light is fine for me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya, I noticed that. Why the price difference?
Oh well a red Pak/Pal light is fine for me

I mentioned to the guy that it seems awfully obscene that a flip up beam filter in that size would be so much. He checked (supposedly) with a higher up about it who claimed the cost of the filters necessitated the price, but I'm not really sold on that. However it's the price and wasn't something I was willing to spend. (I quite like blue anyways.)

I can however decisively say the P2X Fury Defender is NOT any supposed DM2 product as it is a single level click on tactical style light.

d103bac9.jpg

594dec3a.jpg

a6ecbcb8.jpg

(Thank you auto-save.)

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast

You're BAD! ....
muttly.gif

Now U got me's extry Fury in a USPS Priority Flat Rate Box in a few hours, n' will be head'in to the Pacific Northwest to see what we can do with it!

If it turns out anything like my E1b did, which btw is now just pure awesomeness (I mean the dang E1b makes you wanna click it on, n' give's me a GREAT BIG SMILE when I do). I'll be one happy individual!

Last edited:

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fury is a awesome light. Mine is just plain "Bad" and I love it! You will be happy with the Fury.

You're BAD! ....
muttly.gif

Now U got me's extry Fury in a USPS Priority Flat Rate Box in a few hours, n' will be head'in to the Pacific Northwest to see what we can do with it!

If it turns out anything like my E1b did, which btw is now just pure awesomeness (I mean the dang E1b makes you wanna click it on, n' give's me a GREAT BIG SMILE when I do). I'll be one happy individual!

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fury is a awesome light. Mine is just plain "Bad" and I love it! You will be happy with the Fury.

Yeah, very happy with both of them. Cept, I'm keeping one OEM, and the man live'in up in the Pacific Northwest will be messing with the other to see "if" he can "hot rod" it up a bit!

Last edited:

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Could the Fury Defender be the DM2 Defender?

The DM2 will have an option of high/low with the high coming on first (clicky,) or two stage tactical tailcap like the Aviator/Lumamaxes. The DM2 is also going to have a TIR lens (which I am excited about!) The levels are the same as the Fury, though (500/15.)