The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

fyaman

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered my first REAL flashlight! I was wondering though, and I can't find any info on it, does the Fury step down after a few minutes on high? I'm guessing and hoping not, since no one has posted anything about that.

naked2

Enlightened
Checked mine on the packaging it say's backed by surefire's no-hassle guarantee. Then on the warranty paper inside it say's lamps will burn out, batteries will be used up, and switches may eventually wear out, almost everything else is covered by our no-hassle warranty. For the lifetime of the original owner etc, if it is determined by us to be defective. It also came with a pretty cool surefire sticker. Hope this answered your question.
Did your Fury come with a "User Manual"? My M600C says the exact same things on the packaging/warranty card, but in the User Manual, it states:

"SureFire warrants this product to be free from defect in workmanship and materials for a period of six (6) months from the date of purchase.
At our discretion, we will replace or refund your original purchase price of this product if it is determined, by us, to be defective. Damage resulting from abuse, neglect, or altering this product from its original state is not covered."

Glock 22

Enlightened
Did your Fury come with a "User Manual"? My M600C says the exact same things on the packaging/warranty card, but in the User Manual, it states:

"SureFire warrants this product to be free from defect in workmanship and materials for a period of six (6) months from the date of purchase.
At our discretion, we will replace or refund your original purchase price of this product if it is determined, by us, to be defective. Damage resulting from abuse, neglect, or altering this product from its original state is not covered."
It say's the same but there's nothing said about (6) months after date of purchase. It say's it's covered for the lifetime of the original owner, and this is on my User Manual that it came with. So it must be lifetime.

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Knowing I could drive across town and buy one - from stock - for ~$165 (w s/t) doesn't help matters. Finding out that they have been sold out since before 12-27 makes one think they are being disingenuous by continuing to advertise 'usually ships the next business day', as their site states now (9:47 AM CDT). My order, 1/15, was initially answered by an estimated shipping date of 1/18 - arriving 1/20. Silly me, I believed it. If I don't cancel, this would be my first order with them. I don't blame them for selling out - but they need to tell one - at the time of purchase - especially if they have been out of stock for a while.

Stainz

Yeah the wording is unfortunate, but technically only states "usually" (ie not always) ships next business day. Because I placed another order & the same happened as with the fury. Apparently with at least some of this stuff they have to order it themselves first, then receive it, before shipping it out to us. So you just have to plan for that going in, & if it's something you absolutely can't wait for, I'd recommend checking with BJ personally first to make sure they have the item on hand. That's what I'll do next time, assuming they'll still take an order from me again after being impatient & canceling my first two because of the delays.

And now my Fury's gone. High beam was super impressive but a little too bright for most of my use, & low beam a little too dim to keep me from jumping to high- something like the jetbeam bc25 would be ideal. Wish that were a SF.

misterdudley

Newly Enlightened
I just received my P2X Fury in the mail last night, purchased from fleabay seller for $146.00 plus 12.00 shipping. The brightness is just as advertised. By shining the flashlight into my hand, the reflection is even difficult to look at. I personally believe their advertisement of 500 lumens, very impressive especially for the compact size.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire built up a reputation of no-bluff output, despite they began to advertise OTF lumen, but still not bluffing
Not just because it is a USA brand and military supplier, but thats what us user seen

Gallain

Newly Enlightened
Got my Fury yesterday. We received a couple for my store. Only tested it for half an hour but really like it. Managed to find my neighbours cat that ran away last night just fine...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ggreenjohny

Newly Enlightened
I just got my fury and I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could get a case to fit it and an o-ring for the gap by the tail cap?

MicroE

Enlightened
What I would like is a 500-lumen Fury with a combat grip like the z2x. Does anybody know if you can Lego one together from parts?

Viper715

Enlightened
In the 2012 SF catalog is the ZM2 combat light. It is basically a 500 Luken Z2. Hopefully it comes to market.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use a tac light as duty light, but not in reverse
IMO these lights are quite good for LEO

Glock 22

Enlightened
I just got my fury and I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could get a case to fit it and an o-ring for the gap by the tail cap?
Case that's a good question don't know of one right off hand, are you talking about a hard plastic case or on that you can wear on your belt, if that's what your looking for. Then surefire sells one it's the V21 nylon quick-detach holster it's on the surefire website. As for the o-ring lighthound sells all kinds of o-ring you may want to check them out, I'm sure they'll have what your looking for.

Last edited:

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I got mine in over the weekend... it throws a little further than my M91, but does not have as much flood. I actually really like that the low comes on first. If I ever need high, I can always double tap the switch and it comes on. It was a steal at $124 shipped (after CPF discount) from Spyder Tactical.

Case wise, do you need it for a belt? It will fit in most 9mm mag pouches.

Last edited:

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was a steal at $*** shipped (after CPF discount) from Spyder Tactical.

Take a look at the 'Good Deals' section of the CPF Marketplace if you want to buy another one.:huh:

I also got my Fury from an authorized online dealer, it is a great light as everyone says. There is a little of the XM-L tint gradient across the beam, my example seems to have a smoother color blend than the display light in Hong Kong a few days ago. I suspect that very small differences in the location of the plane of the phosphor in the emitter package make visible changes to the beam tint when white wall hunting.

The Fury seems to run fine on an AW 17670, looks like there is room to bore it out for an 18650 if you can get it apart. No bump mode changing that I can see, just hope the clicky is fixed after some problems on early 6PX/G2X Pro models.

The lens on my Fury appears to be glass with a greenish anti-reflective coating.

Last edited:

Glock 22

Enlightened
Take a look at the 'Good Deals' section of the CPF Marketplace if you want to buy another one.:huh:

I also got my Fury from an authorized online dealer, it is a great light as everyone says. There is a little of the XM-L tint gradient across the beam, my example seems to have a smoother color blend than the display light in Hong Kong a few days ago. I suspect that very small differences in the location of the plane of the phosphor in the emitter package make visible changes to the beam tint when white wall hunting.

The Fury seems to run fine on an AW 17670, looks like there is room to bore it out for an 18650 if you can get it apart. No bump mode changing that I can see, just hope the clicky is fixed after some problems on early 6PX/G2X Pro models.

The lens on my Fury appears to be glass with a greenish anti-reflective coating.
Do you seem to get the same burn time on the AW 17670 as to the 2 CR123A's, man that's awsome I will more than likely put one in mine.

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Fairly glad I held off on one of these. Just dropped to $108 from one of our retailers, before shipping of course. This is like when I dropped $127 on my M91 and then it was $85 the next day. Really kills my plans for trying and selling on the MP. Oh well.

At least this might be a sign of all of those new Surefire's at SS being on the way. They also dropped the E2DL, G2X, x300, G2x, and 6PX Defender to all reasonable prices. Mostly their old prices but this is where they should be.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you seem to get the same burn time on the AW 17670 as to the 2 CR123A's, man that's awsome I will more than likely put one in mine.

I would imagine that the burn time will be less but I have run the 17670 on high for a while to make sure the light and battery don't get too warm. The AW battery is protected and it seems to run as it should. Some lights will cause a protected battery to shut down quickly from high current and overheating. I really like the single battery option if available when using rechargeables. The new LED's are reaching current levels of legacy incandescent lights and there is plenty of history here on CPF on the issues with multiple cell batteries and high current draw.