The Wallet Thread!

Bradlee

Enlightened
Re: Has anyone tried one of these super thin wallets?

jtice said:
Is the extra length of these bothering anyone?
~John

I haven't been bothered by this, but it does take up an ENTIRE pocket. Perhaps others feel differently.

rycen

Enlightened

I have the jr for front pocket carry and I love it.

colubrid

Enlightened

It does not say anywhere that the ALL-ETT® Billfold will fit in everyones back pocket(?) I weigh 170lbs @ 5' 7 so my back pockets are small.

Arree there any other wallet suggestion for wallets that can handle around 10+ credit cards?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have the SpecOps Wallet JR and LOVE it. It carries everything, is super tough and not that thick at all. Besides, whenever I'm wearing pants with cargo pockets, it alway goes in the right side. No biggie. And it can also be worn around the neck if need be.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast

i would get a all-ett, but it needs a clear window for your drivers license..

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

nemul said:
i would get a all-ett, but it needs a clear window for your drivers license..
Yes, they should make that an option at least.

colubrid

Enlightened

KDOG3 said:
I have the SpecOps Wallet JR and LOVE it. It carries everything, is super tough and not that thick at all. Besides, whenever I'm wearing pants with cargo pockets, it alway goes in the right side. No biggie. And it can also be worn around the neck if need be.

Where do I find the specOps wallet at?

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast

Note that the spec-ops wallet is absolutely not thin for its capacity, if that's what you were looking for. Cool wallet otherwise.

soupman67

Newly Enlightened

Yes I have one and I love it! Its much more comfotable that the old fatty leather one especially when driving. It hols alot just like the site says. The only thing after pulling it out its a little noisey it kind of makes a odd crinkly sound. I have had it for 2 months now and its holding up great.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

colubrid said:
Where do I find the specOps wallet at?

I got mine from lapolicegear.com, I've also ordered from 1sks.com with no problem....

Remember there are 2 sizes, the Wallet JR is the normal sized version, and the full sized one is more checkbook sized........

jbfla

Newly Enlightened

I'm not very fond of the material the all-ett is made of.

And I've used the Spec-Ops Jr. wallet for several months. It's OK but the flap just adds to the thickness.

Leather is what I like, but compromised with a fabric one.

The Eagle Creek Slim Wallet is just want I wanted:
...slim :laughing:
...side opening
...clear window for ID/license
...one space for bills/not divided
...3 slide-in pockets for cc's
...inexpensive, compared to some I've had

There're available several places. I bought mine here:
http://www.climbinggear.com/products/listing/item3287.asp

jb

Last edited:

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Eagle Slim you referenced is what I initially went with. It would be perfect if the wallet were just a bit wider ... I find it difficult to get bills into and out of the wallet. So I picked up the Eagle Slim tri-fold, which of course folds out to a bigger billfold section, but when folded is thicker but narrower. Not a horrible choice since I carry my wallet in my front pocket, but sometimes it irks me. If that bi-fold Eagle slim were just half an inch wider, I'd be happy with it.

I just ordered the bi-fold/tri-fold that Mark posted about, at Backpackinglight. I figure if it's thin and lets me choose between whether I want to be irritated by thickness or width, that might be the best compromise.

Joe

StanTeate

Enlightened

I purchased the all-ett, the all-ett travler, the all-ett jr, checkbook, and card holder. Check book is ok with pockets on both sides, but I'd like to have a few pockets for CC and such. I am using the Jr. version now. I does crinkle when I open it up and does hold enough cards to get by. I carry a spare auto CC sized key and a huge card key entry card for work. It is truly as thin as they say. Now to see how long they last.

StanTeate

Enlightened

I tried putting the work entry access card nearest the outside pocket, first card in the slot. When I hold the wallet up to the access pannel flat, it does not open the door, however when I hold the wallet half open with one side of the wallet parallel to the ground and the other side perpendicular to the ground but parallel to the card entry access pannel, it reads the card ok. It would be nice to have an pocket on the outside of the wallet that would accept either an access card or ID card, that isn't cheezy plastic see thru but does hold the cards securely.
Since the larger all-ett does have a pocket for bills, I tried the access card behind the pocket for the bills, making it somewhat secure and even closer to the outside of the wallet, but the card reader did not read the card and open the door. Weird. Even if these wallets do not last 1.5 years, I really like them. I'd like it even more if it had an outside pocket for ID that was not plastic. All of these are super thin because the CC's and such stack on eachother, no material between each card, and the cards are secure, they don't fall out. It holds a lot of cards. I'm hard pressed to find a better one.

xtalman

Newly Enlightened

The length of the wallet is only slightly larger than the longest edge of my leather one, but a LOT thinner. It still fits into my back pocket easily, and I'm an average sized guy.

I've got a keycard too, but mine works perfectly when the wallet is completely folded. I just pull it out, hold it up to the reader, and it unlocks the door. It wouldn't do that with my leather wallet.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast

coldsolderjoint said:
Thats really neat.. im going to make one when i get home.. ( I need to find a CM ruler.

post a pic when your done.. :)