Things you really want that you will probably never have...

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I don't even need the cameras, just let me watch a movie in 8K at 90fps; though I wager we'll all have the opportunity before the decade is out..

knowledge

Newly Enlightened
The penthouse in the new 1008 foot tower at 157 57th Street. 10,923 square feet, views to die for, and all mine for only $115 million. Safe to say I'll never have it.

Getting into more pedestrian things, I'd love to own an HPV like the Varna Diablo II. Sadly, I lack the funds and expertise to build such a one-of-a-kind machine. I think the thrill of going 80+ mph on my own steam would beat living in the penthouse at 157 hands down.

this i do want but i know i wont haz

87james

Newly Enlightened
No one is perfect in the world just like the God. So we couldn't live without any desire. I mean the moment you are living in the world, you've already been surrounded by lots of desire actually. we know the Monks want nothing ( especially in China, where the real monks have no desire for the world outside ). But man, we are normal, actually too normal to have billions of desires for the world. I ever had a strong feeling for an iphone ( especially the whole world were crazy for the primary iphone ). It was impossible for me to get one, but not definitely. I could get the money from the band, but would also get a debt. So the result will be like you would get the iphone you want indeed, but also the bank debt, which would remind you every time you took out your iphone. So, one problem would come out, how did I pay the debt.So I will have to go to bank every month and hand in some money from my poor salary. I could get what I want, but not happy exactly. So, why don't we think it another? the iphone is there, and will not dispear,even it's gone, the better one will come up. So why don't you just standby and when you can pay for most of the price, then go for it, and happily.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
What makes it better than a Headroom Micro?
never tried the headroom micro, so I couldnt tell you. The SR71B is pretty nice though.

@nbp

yeah well, the flashlight arena stop being exciting enough. I mean, the 38DD from Kuku is awesome, but I find my self just using my Quarks for 99% of tasks, and my T1A Titan for the rest. Its rare that I need a mini spotlight, but I still have my 9P with Wa1185 for that. Plus, my money is going into audio gear now, which ties in better with my career path :)

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
@nbp

yeah well, the flashlight arena stop being exciting enough. I mean, the 38DD from Kuku is awesome, but I find my self just using my Quarks for 99% of tasks, and my T1A Titan for the rest. Its rare that I need a mini spotlight, but I still have my 9P with Wa1185 for that.

Yeah, I have to agree there. Nowadays everything is pretty much bright enough now with decent runtime. Just pick the host of your choice and how many modes you'll need.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
While there are many things I would like to have, I long came to the realization that outside of the initial proverbial serotonin hit, possession itself doesn't make me happy.

Poppy

Flashaholic
While there are many things I would like to have, I long came to the realization that outside of the initial proverbial serotonin hit, possession itself doesn't make me happy.
idleprocess, Spock agrees with you. 🖖

Spock : Stonn, she is yours. After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.

Sometimes it is just plain fun to dream of possessing something that is never going to be within one's reach.

Few of us here really think it's going to bring us happiness, and even fewer of us need to be reminded of that fact.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
All cleaned up. Sorry for unhelpful banter.

What is your favorite gin and tonic brands? I love GnTs. You have inspired me to make one right now! That is something I want and won't ever have is the world's finest gin collection!! LOL. I have five currently: Tanqueray, Bombay Sapphire, Ford's, Rehorst (locally made), and Gray Whale. Yummers. I also started using the Fever Tree Elderflower tonic and it is so tasty. Big squeeze of lime in there too!