Thoughts on Cold Steel knives:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just who is CS marketing to? Serial killers living in their mom's basement?

What the hell?

NoisyPegasus

Newly Enlightened
They're okay. They work, they're sharp enough out of the box, but I'd still hit them with a fine stone and polishing stone after looking it over.

I like their Kukri and Camillus style knives. :D

Shooter21

Enlightened
I like cold steel and if you watch their new tests featuring Andrew demco you will see how they are even stronger than the higher end knives like benchmades and other premium knives.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Cold Steel Recon 1 spear point blade with plain edge. I do believe that Cold Steel makes the sharpest and strongest knives which are made from the best material. Cold Steel knives remain sharp for a longer period of time and durable as well.

Just wondering, do you work for Knife India? You have linked to them twice now.

Cold steel do make some great knives. One of my most used knives is the Rajah II in its guise as a folding machete for trail clearing (my cycle route gets badly overgrown in the summer).

However though they do use some good materials and do make strong knives (I love the Tri-ad lock) they do not make the sharpest, strongest knives from the best materials. There are stronger knives, and knives made from better materials, and sharpness, well don't get me started as that is a subject ALL to itself.

Latest posts