ThruNite Neutron 2A (New)

sonofjesse

Newly Enlightened
I got mine today and I like it. I used to buy some other brands more, but thrunite has came out with decent lights that seem more affordable. I really enjoyed my last 4-5 lights from their very much.

I love how this light has no buttong on the rear so candle mode works great. Thats a big plus for me

tigerfromsiberia

Newly Enlightened
Did you order directly from Thrunite? They still have an ETA of 9/1 on their website. What happened to that group buy?

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay so am I understanding this right? You can achieve the ~800-ish setting for just a few minutes then it is more like 200 for the rest of the way?

How many minutes does that initial turbo sustain before massively dropping off to whatever lumen output it levels off too?

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay so am I understanding this right?
You can achieve the ~800-ish setting for just a few minutes then it is more like 200 for the rest of the way?
How many minutes does that initial turbo sustain before massively dropping off to whatever lumen output it levels off too?

You can bump it right back into Turbo if you still need the extra brightness.
Obviously stop if the light gets really hot to hold.
Here is a chart that shows it will go right back up to full Turbo.

1A-Turbo-restart.gif

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. That actually is really impressive then. I honestly don't care about this light as much as it indicates what is to come possibly in the future for this glorious flashlight world.

If you had told me this would be possible with 2 aa's 4 years ago I would have scoffed in your face!

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
This will be my next light! I love the Archer 1A and 2A, and this looks even better! I also prefer larger, more robust lights and am not into the "light and thin" stuff!!! ;p).

Last edited:

wjv

Enlightened
So it comes with a holster, but based on the pictures on Amazon, it looks like the holster is setup for the 1xAA configuration and not the 2xAA configuration. . .

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well. I just got mine. I would love to tell you that my first impressions of the light blew me away, but, most of the time when I hit the power button, it does not power on. It came on once, and then blinked off when I tried to put it in turbo mode. The other time I was able to get it to turn on, I tried putting it in firefly mode, and it has not turned on since. :confused::shakehead. I have tried about 5 different batteries. NIMH, lithium, NIZN, and alkalines. I am on a roll buying defective items lately. After going years without buying a bad item right out of the box, I have now bought about 6 items in the last couple of months that have either been DOA, or just not 100%. Guess I will be returning it to Amazon!

joshjp

Enlightened
Well. I just got mine. I would love to tell you that my first impressions of the light blew me away, but, most of the time when I hit the power button, it does not power on. It came on once, and then blinked off when I tried to put it in turbo mode. The other time I was able to get it to turn on, I tried putting it in firefly mode, and it has not turned on since. :confused::shakehead. I have tried about 5 different batteries. NIMH, lithium, NIZN, and alkalines. I am on a roll buying defective items lately. After going years without buying a bad item right out of the box, I have now bought about 6 items in the last couple of months that have either been DOA, or just not 100%. Guess I will be returning it to Amazon!
man this sucks, ive nbeen hearing alot of problems with this light, cmont ThruNite get your S#$t together, ive had 2 bad lights from them also, its good you got it from Amazon, you can return it easy, i will NEVER buy directly from ThruNite, tell us how it goes.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
man this sucks, ive nbeen hearing alot of problems with this light, cmont ThruNite get your S#$t together, ive had 2 bad lights from them also, its good you got it from Amazon, you can return it easy, i will NEVER buy directly from ThruNite, tell us how it goes.

Where have you heard other problems with it? I would be interested in seeing if others had the same problem I am having. If there is a lot of complaints on this model, I may just get a refund on it. I cannot find any issues with it doing a Google search.

cyclesport

Enlightened
Where have you heard other problems with it? I would be interested in seeing if others had the same problem I am having. If there is a lot of complaints on this model, I may just get a refund on it. I cannot find any issues with it doing a Google search.

Post #75 and #81...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-(1xRCR-18650-2xCR123A-RCR)-2014-Review/page3

I was interested in this light as well, but am waiting to see if these issues are adequately addressed by Thrunite.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you. That sounds like the same problem I am having.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
This would be a nice light if it had a good old fashion tail clickie and changed modes by twisting the head but with a hard to find electronic side switch that don't work reliably, I'll pass on this one.

Last edited:

Latest posts