ThruNite Neutron 2A (New)

cyclesport

Enlightened
Since I don't have the new Neutron 2A, I'm not sure if the switch button is rubber or plastic, but if it is rubber...

...for those who are having trouble finding the button by touch, just put a drop of clear silicone caulk on the button and let dry/cure and it will provide a protruding tactile indicator for your finger. I've done this on many side strobe/mode rubber buttons and it adheres to rubber very well and can be trimmed to suit your taste when dry.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I don't have the new Neutron 2A, I'm not sure if the switch button is rubber or plastic, but if it is rubber...

...for those who are having trouble finding the button by touch, just put a drop of clear silicone caulk on the button and let dry/cure and it will provide a protruding tactile indicator for your finger. I've done this on many side strobe/mode rubber buttons and it adheres to rubber very well and can be trimmed to suit your taste when dry.

The button actually feels like it is aluminum. I did what another person suggested, and put the clip on the light where the tip of it points to the switch. I have had no problems finding it either way.

holygeez03

Enlightened
Not sure if this has been stated... but there is now a neutral option for the 2Av2 (and 2C) on the TN website... I might try one (or the 2C) as a replacement for my old neutral Quark AA/14500 if it had a momentary switch.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if this has been stated... but there is now a neutral option for the 2Av2 (and 2C) on the TN website... I might try one (or the 2C) as a replacement for my old neutral Quark AA/14500 if it had a momentary switch.
What sort of color temp does ThruNite think is Neutral White? I want something like 5000k.

Enlightened
What sort of color temp does ThruNite think is Neutral White? I want something like 5000k.
I asked about this in one of the review threads in the sub-forum and I got all sorts of estimates from owners that ranged from 3500K to 5000K. I'm no closer to knowing now without buying one.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't understand why they just can't tell people what bin or bins they're using. So it seems if you're a tint snob you had better plan on changing the emitter to a known one yourself.