Thrunite T10S (XP-G2, 1xAA, Stainless Steel) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO+

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just handled one of these Stainless AA lights and let me tell you the thing just screams quality. The fit and finish is amazing. My buddy actually purchased it and I was in awe over it.

Reverse clicky is metal and feels just excellent. Responsive and very tactical feeling on/off. Reverse clicky makes going through modes easy. Now 14500 li-on makes bazel warm in under a minute but its good to know you can do this for OMG lumens. (not recommended BTW).

I am purchasing this light for myself in about 2 weeks but waiting for the Titanium variant to show up at my local flashlight brick and mortar store illuminationsupply.

best,
bigC

ven

Flashaholic
Good, glad it started working for you. Odd behavior to start with, though.

Yes it was and that had not cured it!!!(forgot to add) so i unscrewed the end cap,removed the clicky and opened the tabs up(flush against the plastic sides).I opened them off the plastic sides maybe 0.5mm-1mm each side,re-fitted,and works flawless and been a couple of weeks,almost daily use too. I can presume that the contacts were not........well making contact with the body(only presume,but right or wrong its fixed 100%) no iffy mode changes,all and every mode select now is spot on,no pressing to hard/soft or not changing............ever!!!! Does exactly what i want,when i want.
Excellent light,very well made,love it!!!!

Had a few comments too in work when peeps have noticed it,lot of positive comments along with "ah yes forgot your the torch guy" :laughing:

ven

Flashaholic
I just handled one of these Stainless AA lights and let me tell you the thing just screams quality. The fit and finish is amazing. My buddy actually purchased it and I was in awe over it.

Reverse clicky is metal and feels just excellent. Responsive and very tactical feeling on/off. Reverse clicky makes going through modes easy. Now 14500 li-on makes bazel warm in under a minute but its good to know you can do this for OMG lumens. (not recommended BTW).

I am purchasing this light for myself in about 2 weeks but waiting for the Titanium variant to show up at my local flashlight brick and mortar store illuminationsupply.

best,
bigC

ti version?????????????????????????? :D is that a 100% fact,if so wow,its excellent in SS ,in ti even nicer:twothumbs

eatPotatoes

Newly Enlightened

best,
bigC

do you have a source for this? Or is this wishful thinking? I haven't seen anything referring to a titanium version anywhere but that would be amazingly cool if it were true.

dr. Chernobyl

Newly Enlightened
I recently got t10s and I can say light is really amazing, built like a tank

I put in fresh duracell alkaline and left it on high, 24 hours later it still gave off usable light(in pitch dark you could see couple of meters ahead, sorry Im not used to imperial system :D) so I am really impressed, great EDC light, pocket clip is not bad

can somebody confirm rumors about Ti version?

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
I recently got t10s and I can say light is really amazing, built like a tank

I put in fresh duracell alkaline and left it on high, 24 hours later it still gave off usable light(in pitch dark you could see couple of meters ahead, sorry Im not used to imperial system :D) so I am really impressed, great EDC light, pocket clip is not bad

can somebody confirm rumors about Ti version?
You should be really careful about doing that, because alkaline cells tend to leak when used like that, which could very well ruin your light. Quality NiMH's (Eneloop) are definitely the way to go.

dr. Chernobyl

Newly Enlightened
thanks, I know and took the risk, some time ago I really abused a few duracell alkalines without problems so I was confident about this experiment, they are good cells

after that I bought some duracell NiMHs, definitely better performers in this light, also I am waiting for eneloops to arrive and I will use them instead of duracells

eatPotatoes

Newly Enlightened
do you have a source for this? Or is this wishful thinking? I haven't seen anything referring to a titanium version anywhere but that would be amazingly cool if it were true.

omggggggggg why does this have to remain unknown? why most I be tortured so? tellll meeeeeee

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered a neutral white version. First stainless light for me. Something about it is saying jeans pocket carry to me. Maybe the tremendous med runtime is what they included the diffuser wand for.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Congrats,i am still loving mine,great light,nice weight so you know its in your pocket,but not too much to be a distraction.Smooth to touch it slides easy in pockets ,as its how i carry mine around work:)

ven

Flashaholic
Where where where please,not seen any t10 ti lights at all,new to me.

The stainless as is ,is a very nice light tbh but it would add a special touch,also 14500 compatible would be awesome!

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried a 14505 3V lithium cell in my NW T10S last night. It keeps all three modes. All are brighter, but low is still one lumen or less. On med and high, I got current readings of 130ma and 510ma. I think this is the cell for me on this light.

ven

Flashaholic
Interesting!!!! Is it a 3v or 3.7v presume 14500 cell?

I have a 14500 in my d25a ti but not a work light,the t10s is and as cells are free and used regular then AA still make more sense for me.This t10t version with neutral tint also has my interest for a home light,may get one in future and use 14500 in it if no issues.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. After resisting as long as possible, I order this light, then I find out Vinh sells them. Now I find out that a Ti version is available. If I like it, this one goes someplace else and I get another one.

Latest posts