Thrunite T10S (XP-G2, 1xAA, Stainless Steel) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO+

gunga

Flashaholic
I ended up ordering a neutral white from Amazon. Vinh only had a few. The new ti one looks interesting but I think I prefer steel in this application.

TomasVarnik

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the review :) It looks so nice...

Does anyone know where can I buy just the driver of this T10S? (or at least the one from the old T10 or Saber...)

Enlightened
Those who have ordered the neutral version, what's it look like? 4000K, 4500K, 5000K?

ven

Flashaholic
Me also ....once I order it ,should be a few days from order date as UK . I won't be ordering till next week.NW is 5000-5500k iirc,4000k is warm.

Going of my other NW lights I would expect a milky white as poppy puts it and it's spot on for a description to my eyes.

Will do some beam pics back end of next week if I am not away :)

regards ven

Enlightened
Me also ....once I order it ,should be a few days from order date as UK . I won't be ordering till next week.NW is 5000-5500k iirc,4000k is warm. Going of my other NW lights I would expect a milky white as poppy puts it and it's spot on for a description to my eyes. Will do some beam pics back end of next week if I am not away :) regards ven
Good to hear. I am going by what Cree calls neutral and that's 3700-5000K and assuming Thrunite is just playing along with Cree's nomenclature.

ven

Flashaholic
Yes 18650,my iirc should be idrc :laughing: i thought neutral was around 5000k but often get confused with manufacturers specs etc and charts.

:thumbsup:

Once ordered next week i will report back,will do a side by side if no one beats me to it:twothumbs although my pics are not the best............

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
I just ordered the Ti version with the cool white LED. I always have had a weakness for Ti and have machined a lot of my own Ti body jewelry for personal use using 6Al4V alloy, the same alloy used for many surgical implants. When this plus an Olight S15 Ti arrives I will be up to 6 Ti lights and the Olight S10 Ti is looking tempting too.

ven

Flashaholic
I just ordered the Ti version with the cool white LED. I always have had a weakness for Ti and have machined a lot of my own Ti body jewelry for personal use using 6Al4V alloy, the same alloy used for many surgical implants. When this plus an Olight S15 Ti arrives I will be up to 6 Ti lights and the Olight S10 Ti is looking tempting too.

Congrats Rich..........a group ti pic would be most welcome:cool:

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
Thanks Ven. When I get all of them I will consider it though I am not much at photography. The simplicity of the styling on the SS and Ti versions of the Thrunite, the T10S and T10T, remind me of the JetBeam E3S which is also pictured in the flashlight group photo in the review at the head of this thread. I always thought the E3S looked elegant in it's simplicity. Could you call both it and the T10S/T10T dress flashlights for wear with your Tuxedo?

Unfortunately from a thermal conductivity standpoint both Ti and SS are poor choices for LED flashlight making as they are lousy heat conductors compared to Aluminum, silver or copper alloys. How about a sterling silver version of the T10?! For the man who has everything! I would buy one!!!

ven

Flashaholic
Hi rich,agree with the poor side to an extent,but as long as the lumen out put is not high then personally i think great choices.Also depends on what mix of ti with alloy too regarding heat. SS is great for hard wearing,as i have found compared to ano.Ti is easy(well more so for some) to clean up marks/scuffs back to new.Gizmo is a great example of not pumping out high lumens and limiting to a sensible amount without any adverse heat issues(will be getting one at some point) so at around 160lm from the t10s/t10t give/take its a good happy medium for me(personal opinion),also not being li-ion fed they can run on high till cell drains if desire.......

I do love my t10s a lot,said it before,thats why for me a t10t is a must buy!!! simple as that.I also think excellent value for money regarding the quality/build and advantage of easy to get hold of AA cells.

Silver ........cheap skate ;) what about gold or even a white gold , not too many carats though :laughing:......... lets have a platinum version WOW :laughing: .

On a slightly more seriously note..........how about a t10b (brass)

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The strengths of the T10S, IMHO, are the long runtime on M and L. Less output and good regulation provide this and that is what appeals to me. Ti seems appropriate in this application, but the weight savings may not be significant and not much added strength will be provided. None-the-less, this seems to be a good light to enjoy Ti and a neutral emitter. (I haven't received the first one and I'm getting ready to buy the second one.)

ven

Flashaholic
The strengths of the T10S, IMHO, are the long runtime on M and L. Less output and good regulation provide this and that is what appeals to me. Ti seems appropriate in this application, but the weight savings may not be significant and not much added strength will be provided. None-the-less, this seems to be a good light to enjoy Ti and a neutral emitter. (I haven't received the first one and I'm getting ready to buy the second one.)

+1

I predict a t10t soon then :laughing:

Will order mine next week,did do a bidding war with HKe but savings not worth the 2 week wait over 2 days in the £6..........

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my T10S this morning. Glad it came with 4 screws because I lost one trying to attach the clip. (OK, I didn't look very hard because I knew there were extras.) Very solid feel and the fit and finish seem good. Need to get used to the reverse clickie and understand the UI better. Most importantly, I need to wait for darkness so I see how this thing really works. I've done some white wall hunting, shining under my desk and such and the beam seems smooth. The emitter is well centered. I really like the solid feel of the SS. The tint is cool, but not angry blue - gotta love the new XP-G2. Only time will tell how good a fortune teller Mr. Ven really is.

ven

Flashaholic
I received my T10S this morning. Glad it came with 4 screws because I lost one trying to attach the clip. (OK, I didn't look very hard because I knew there were extras.) Very solid feel and the fit and finish seem good. Need to get used to the reverse clickie and understand the UI better. Most importantly, I need to wait for darkness so I see how this thing really works. I've done some white wall hunting, shining under my desk and such and the beam seems smooth. The emitter is well centered. I really like the solid feel of the SS. The tint is cool, but not angry blue - gotta love the new XP-G2. Only time will tell how good a fortune teller Mr. Ven really is.

Congrats yoyo:twothumbs your initial impressions were a bit better than mine................so it grew on me, to a light i do love a lot,enjoy the use.The UI i would prefer momentary instead of reverse clicky being honest for work use,no deal breaker,but a little head twist as selfbuilt states,as long as you wait over a second or so,it is like monetary from loose,nip up and on.Do quick and mode change........so a twisty too.

Yes it feels very nice in the hand,solid,slight weighty,just feels like a tank regarding build.

Neutral ti coming soon............hopefully for both of us:thumbsup:

Look forward to your feedback after a bit more use,i am impressed from an AA cell regarding output,for me its enough for my uses.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I've played with it a bit more. It is running on an AA Energizer lithium primary. Output on H is very impressive. Low is very low and I like that. M seems to be very useable. I also like the mode memory. Some people don't like memory - they like to either start on H or L and don't like the surprise you can get with memory. I have a few lights with memory and although I have had a few surprises, I like the flexibility memory provides. I prefer forward clickies, but smaller lights like the T10S tend to have reverse clickies - you can't have everything. Still daytime here and I'm looking forward to putting this light through its paces tonight. I agree - this is built like a tank and feels very solid.

ven

Flashaholic
Yes jabe,clocked the al version t10 and nice it looks too.Quite a bit cheaper as well so maybe worth adding to the set ....

Used the t10s today for around 30 minutes of continuous use in a confined area so no air flow etc.Using gloves you obv dont feel the heat and it wont help dissipate it too.So took gloves off and quite warm,would say a good 20oC higher than my previous 30oC guesstimate of previous uses.Not too hot to hold,just on the warmer side of warm(if makes sense) .I know if i was holding it without gloves the temp would not of got as warm,but think thrunite got the balance right regarding lumen output for the size/material.

For example if pushed towards the 200lm end, or use of a 14500 IF it was compatible(probably 350+lm),the run time before it got too warm would have a far more dramatic effect over an alloy. So overall imho the balance is perfect for the size:twothumbs

No i have not tried anything other than AA 1.5v,definitely wont try a 14500 just to make clear in case anyone may consider it.:thumbsup:

Latest posts