Thrunite TN31 Review (1xXM-L, 3x18650): RUNTIMES, VIDEO, THROW, BEAMSHOTS and more!

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just about to pull the trigger on a TN30, but I'm going to wait until I've read some more about this issue. Too bad.

In your research did u also consider Nitecore TM26? Just wondering because for awhile I couldn't decide between TM26 and TN30 XM-L2

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just about to pull the trigger on a TN30, but I'm going to wait until I've read some more about this issue. Too bad.

Visit BLF and type in its search bar 'TN31 flickering problems'... and wander around, plenty of similar problems

chipdouglas

Newly Enlightened
In your research did u also consider Nitecore TM26? Just wondering because for awhile I couldn't decide between TM26 and TN30 XM-L2

Thanks for bringing the Nitcore TM26, as I wasn't aware of it. I'd been out of the loop for more than a year because of health issues.

wyoben

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the great review. Do you think you will be doing one on the TN32 anytime soon.

timsatx

Newly Enlightened
It looks like there is a further update. Thrunite is now selling this unit for $88.95. They are no longer shipping it in an aluminum case. It is cardboard like their other items, or at least like my TN12 came in (just bigger ;-) ). It also appears to have more lumens. It is now 1346 instead of the 1147 it was.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
It looks like there is a further update. Thrunite is now selling this unit for $88.95. They are no longer shipping it in an aluminum case. It is cardboard like their other items, or at least like my TN12 came in (just bigger ;-) ). It also appears to have more lumens. It is now 1346 instead of the 1147 it was.
Yes, part of that is no doubt the move to XM-L2 from XM-L on the original version I reviewed (although there may have been circuit changes as well, to boost the output). It appears that Thrunite is positioning this as a more "budget" version of the the higher output, copper-heatsink TN32 thrower.

:welcome:

Latest posts