Tips for effective flashlight use?

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are both great ideas! Thank you for sharing! I think I generally prefer a headlamp but I'll have to give something like that a shot next time we're camping in a group and want to prepare some food or relax in a group with common light.

jrgold

Enlightened
Resurrecting this thread out of shelter in place boredom lol.

Attach a flashlight by pocket clip to the top of an empty milk jug for a diffused globe lantern

Use your pointer and ring finger to completely cover a lens, and turn your flashlight on at about 200 lumens (low enough not to burn your fingers) to create a moonlight red light mode

A high output flashlight like a d4v2 will put out enough heat to soften your butter on toast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The plastic milk jug trick is even better if you fill it with water....gives off a real nice glow. I like to bring a gallon milk jug type water bottles camping so that I can use it as a lantern.

jrgold

Enlightened
Good bump.
Milk jug idea is gold.
Yes pun intended.

[emoji16]

The plastic milk jug trick is even better if you fill it with water....gives off a real nice glow. I like to bring a gallon milk jug type water bottles camping so that I can use it as a lantern.

Now you got me wanting to try some whiskey for some ambiance

Burgess

Flashaholic
Laugh Out Loud !

Yes !
I do this with Liquid Pine Sol cleaner !

Nice WARM tint !

rrego

Enlightened
We have dogs, and light colored floors. Just standing and looking at the floor, it doesn't always look like there's dog hair on the floor. But I ALWAYS use my 170t clicky, and just lay it flat on the floor, and even the smallest dog hair casts a shadow. So after I run the sweeper, it;s easy to see places I've missed, by using my light flat on the floor. I just roll it around to cover the whole floor. It always amazes me how easy it is to miss spots if you don't use a light.

Ever since I saw this tip way back, it has come in handy, from locating the kids' LEGOs, crumbs on floor, flashlight parts that have fallen when doing maintenance, RC maintenance and other random stuff that cannot be seen easily from above. Awesome tip.