TITAN PLUS

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eiger costs less and is multifuel friendly, including LiIon. Available in High CRI. .
more peak info

Titan Plus weighs the same, costs more, not LiIon friendly. No High CRI option. Not available.
more surefire info

but its not a contest.. get both :)

The Surefire Titan Plus is available from dealers, including Amazon, Zoro, Newegg, ....

Not sure if the questioner DavidABQ meant the Titan Plus (topic of this thread) because he asked about the Titan, which was a different model.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I think the Titan Plus is likely the heaviest of the following ...

Titan AAA (aluminum) then Peak Eiger AAA (various metals) then Titan Plus (brass) ???

I can measure later for sure, if there is interest, as I have many of the above (with or without batteries etc) but that is just going from published specs and memory.

Last edited:

DavidABQ

Newly Enlightened
I am actually interested in the Titan Plus. I saw that there is a difference after I posted my question.

nbp

Flashaholic
Anyone else have fun with body mods on these nice brass lights? I have de-lugged a couple as I posted above. I also thought it would be fun to take off the nickel for a pretty brass light. You can see my personal light (with nickel) I have had several years, and also one I got to experiment with. Just doing hand sanding I took a lot off but it's hard to get in the deeper crevices. So I stopped short of bare brass, and went for an "aggressive battle worn" look. Trying to decide if I like it this way, or it should be less sanded or more bare. I might have to try more of them to see how it goes. This one is cool but definitely not perfect.

Lq3lgW0.jpg

D6WoTfz.jpg

aMtrZfY.jpg

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
Wow, I just spent some time scrolling all the way through this thread from start to finish and, having been a Titan Plus owner for only two years, I'm happy that Surefire has solved any of the light's early flaws, real or perceived. Mine is just fine as received and spends its life as a keychain light; I buy Surefire because they can and do survive such a tough life and still turn on every time.

I do have a question though. Early on here, someone asked if a lithium AAA battery could safely be used in the light without harming the emitter. I didn't see that was ever addressed and now I'm wondering about it. I have no issue with the Eneloop Pro battery the light comes with, but living in a cold climate have considered substituting a lithium. Is emitter damage possible if I do so?

Bucur

Enlightened
Wow, I just spent some time scrolling all the way through this thread from start to finish and, having been a Titan Plus owner for only two years, I'm happy that Surefire has solved any of the light's early flaws, real or perceived. Mine is just fine as received and spends its life as a keychain light; I buy Surefire because they can and do survive such a tough life and still turn on every time.

I do have a question though. Early on here, someone asked if a lithium AAA battery could safely be used in the light without harming the emitter. I didn't see that was ever addressed and now I'm wondering about it. I have no issue with the Eneloop Pro battery the light comes with, but living in a cold climate have considered substituting a lithium. Is emitter damage possible if I do so?
Mine is always in my pocket since 2016 and it gets used multiple times every single day. I do use Lithium AAA primary batteries from time to time. No noticeable harm so far.

My go to batteries are Standard (white) Eneloops because they are more durable than their Pro (black) counterparts. The Pro's offer longer runtime at high mode when new but they degrade sooner, despite my efforts to maintain them properly. They eventually fail to provide the current that is needed for high mode, even when fully charged.

Properly maintained Standard Eneloops, on the other hand, do enable me to use the high mode, albeit for shorter periods. I mean; step-down to medium happens quicker but they keep enabling me to use the high mode after many, many charge re-charge cycles.

I use Lithium primaries when my Eneloops are in the charger for long periods (cycling or break-in), as well as backup batteries when travelling (for not carrying along a charger). I feel safe when using them and I did not regret so far but frankly, I don't know if they put extra strain on the emitter.

Needless to say, alkalines are no-no. They never get their way into my good old, trusty Titan Plus.

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
Mine is always in my pocket since 2016 and it gets used multiple times every single day. I do use Lithium AAA primary batteries from time to time. No noticeable harm so far.

My go to batteries are Standard (white) Eneloops because they are more durable than their Pro (black) counterparts. The Pro's offer longer runtime at high mode when new but they degrade sooner, despite my efforts to maintain them properly. They eventually fail to provide the current that is needed for high mode, even when fully charged.

Properly maintained Standard Eneloops, on the other hand, do enable me to use the high mode, albeit for shorter periods. I mean; step-down to medium happens quicker but they keep enabling me to use the high mode after many, many charge re-charge cycles.

I use Lithium primaries when my Eneloops are in the charger for long periods (cycling or break-in), as well as backup batteries when travelling (for not carrying along a charger). I feel safe when using them and I did not regret so far but frankly, I don't know if they put extra strain on the emitter.

Needless to say, alkalines are no-no. They never get their way into my good old, trusty Titan Plus.
Thanks for that info, tells me everything I need to know. I have lots of ordinary Eneloops so will use them for sure, unless we get into -40 territory temperature wise. I'd never encountered the black variety before.