TiTi Twister lube

fyrstormer

Banned
It depends on what's currently on the threads, I suppose. If it was lubed with a petroleum product, CNC Airflow Sensor Cleaner from the auto parts store should work fine. (it may cause the foam ring to swell temporarily, though.) If it was lubed with a silicone product, I'm not sure what would work, other than mechanically removing as much lube as possible and then scrubbing the threads with soapy water and a toothbrush. (I've done this before, I haven't had any problems with the electronics, I just made sure to let it dry overnight before using it again.)

fyrstormer

Banned
FINALLY BACK IN STOCK! I have another batch of TTT2 ready for sale over on CPFM.

Please email me all orders, because I don't check this forum as much as I used to, and I don't want anyone to sit around waiting for days or weeks wondering why I haven't answered.

fyrstormer

Banned
I've got another batch of TTT2 ready for sale on CPFM, if anyone has been waiting for it to come back in-stock.

Hmm, I seem to have posted the same thing in February of last year. Clearly the holidays do a good job of keeping me busy.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
... I'd be much more interested in an analysis of thread surface finish and % of thread engagement, combined with various lubricants. ...

PhotonFanatic,
thanks for that post. Did you ever find info about thread finish etc?
Are there not standards for thread tolerances, various "grades"?

fyrstormer,
congratulations on your magnificent pursuit, in the finest spirit of CPF!
AND - you got somewhere, according to all the the feedback.

Where's your sales topic please? (Sorry, I did look around).

Oh, anyone feel like adding themselves to the CPF Members Map, there's a link in my signature line.

fyrstormer

Banned
I haven't looked for my sale thread since CPFM was converted into the CPF Mall, or whatever it was that happened. I don't have any more lube currently available, and to be honest I'm not sure when I will -- between work, other hobbies, and getting on with my life, it's been a while since I've been able to devote an evening to mixing stuff together in a tub for what has to be the most niche product of all time. I'll make sure to post a notice if/when I have another batch ready.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't looked for my sale thread since CPFM was converted into the CPF Mall, or whatever it was that happened. I don't have any more lube currently available, and to be honest I'm not sure when I will -- between work, other hobbies, and getting on with my life, it's been a while since I've been able to devote an evening to mixing stuff together in a tub for what has to be the most niche product of all time. I'll make sure to post a notice if/when I have another batch ready.

no worries man! I shared my last tube with a few CPFers last time :D