Tmack customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't think there would be a problem. I've had laser buddies fly international with their lasers. Just don't keep the cells in or with it.
It's a flashlight battery tube...... Right?.......

It would be amazing location.

The blues will go a couple miles before they diverge.
A green would be cool. They go about as far as you can see! ( but nowhere near the power)

I have 1 half watt green for distance, but about 6 blues. They are by far my favorite wavelength.

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Parts will be on the way tomorrow. :D

Consider your cherry popped. ( and every balloon you come across from now on ;) )

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Parts will be on the way tomorrow. :D

Consider your cherry popped. ( and every balloon you come across from now on ;) )

I've stained your balance sheets with laser cherry popped photons.

Where's that cig?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
sapyty7u.jpg

Let me light that for you.

My balance sheets always need staining.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha. I'll keep you fully updated on parts arrival, completion, and exact power reading. :)

will manners

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to be flying to AZ in May, and, well, I WILL be looking across the Grand Canyon, and, well, it occurs to me that that would be a potentially sweet spot to have this puppy at.

Many members at LPF have traveled with lasers in their carry-on (of course without batteries) but I would highly suggest putting them in your other luggage, better safe than sorry. Anything suspicious is much more likely to be confiscated if it's in your carry-on.

And to those that are interested in starting out in the laser hobby, beware, it will be just as addicting a hobby as flashlights and your wallet will hate you for it :devil: what Tmack has mentioned being possible is really just the tip of the iceberg :D

Last edited:

Craig K

Enlightened
Tmack would these type of lasers ship to Australia or would they get stopped by customs?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
They would get stopped usually. Most companies declare them flashlight, so they get through.

But Australia has the most strick laser importation laws in the world

TEEJ

Flashaholic
So, as green (532 nm) is the brightest, for use AS a pointer, that would make the most sense it seems.

What's your killer app for a green pointer?

:devil:

(Pen sized)

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep in mind the picture of the green laser in the first post is 100mw.

These modules come from China, so the production is longer. Still very high quality. I have a special dealer in China I will only buy from him.

While the blues will diverge in a mile or so, the greens will hit anything you can see.

They just came out with a direct green diode at 1w!!! That's incredible bright. Also $700 just for the diode.

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Sweet.

So, $700+ is over budget by more than I can rationalize for this function...

How high (mw) can you go in green for use as a long range pointer, w/o the spot setting stuff on fire, say, more than 5' away? (~ 6' away WON'T catch fire, etc...not for burning, for POINTING)

IE: If I need to point at a spot on a structure (Building, bridges, etc...) to show where something needs to be done, in broad daylight, and the box store pointers can't do it so far (Can't see the spots in broad daylight at long ranges), what would you recommend to fix that?

Status
Not open for further replies.