TnC HA-Natural Lithium-Lux V's (LIMITED)

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I now see four problems for those us who bought this light. It does not ship for four long weeks!
awman.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
A rough guesstimate would be 100-130lm, depending on reflector and lens and them working together :D ... AND ... on the converter, if it really can deliver the current to the LED ... AND ... on the heatsinking, preventing the LED from gettin gtoo hot and reducing efficiency, ...
bernie

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh geez :ohgeez: Thanks K! All valid points. I hope it's more powerful than my Raw Ubin. Not in throw, I'd be impressed with 1000 LUX but I think it will have much more lumen output :)

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
130! I guess that's super, though I was hoping for 160 at 700ma! I had an Pelican X4T for a couple of days, and it was driven at 700ma, and I thought it should have been brighter. Hopefully, they're making the LEDs a little bit brighter these days.

Last edited:

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just saw this thread..

I've got #5/10 of the first run of Lithium Lux-V (XXOT) and all I can say you will be getting your $$'s worth with this light. If I didn't know better I'd say that mine could light up the world. and it easily fits in the palm of my hand. :rock:

Chris. email inbound concerning the 2 x CR2 tails.. I need one in BLACK

Doug

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
LED Zeppelin said:
:paypal: X-bin me baby!

LM, we need rehab.
:buddies:

After yesterday I'm thinking I might just be too far gone for even rehab... yesterday was a Keith Richards New Years Eve party for me!:devil: :buddies:

Fortunately, instead of a monster hangover I'll wind up with a delivery truck with sagging suspension chugging its way up the hill to deliver at my house in a few days and a big sucking sound from what remains of my bank account

This X-bin light is just the ultimate icing on the cake for me, I cant believe how nice this is, a dream come true!

;)

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kiessling is correct on the many variables and it's nice to hear the feedback from owners of the last limited release. I bet we get closer to the spec numbers when all is said and done.

What do you think about running TWO of the new NiMH CR2 batteries in this. I hear they get over 3.0v each. Maybe we can get up to 800mA :D

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nimh CR2s? Over 3v each? Doesn't the Nimh chemistry dictate that they're always going to be 1.2v per cell (will charge to 1.4)?? I think I saw some of those cells at Fivemega's house last night, but they weren't called CR2's. They looked like CR2's, but they were called something like 1/2 AA or 2/3's AA.

Anyway, I think I read on the first page that the converter accepts voltages between 3.7 and 6v, so more than 6 probably wouldn't fly to well.

Last edited:

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, digdug13, for the mini review. The 'test of time' for the Lithium-Lux V light is now known.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance you'll ever come up with a non-kroll clicky for these? Or at least something that doesn't add so much length? I've not seen the key-lux clickies first hand, but it's been reported that they add an additional 4/5 of an inch to the total length of the light. It may not be a problem, though.

Anyway, I was able to get enough cash up that I only had to take 55 bucks and some change from the checking to pay for this. I know I have another day still, but oh well, what's the difference? (The difference is actually guilt! Anyway, I've got enough excitement for this light that guilt is a non-issue)

:paypal:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trashman said:
Nimh CR2s? Over 3v each? Doesn't the Nimh chemistry dictate that they're always going to be 1.2v per cell (will charge to 1.4)?? I think I saw some of those cells at Fivemega's house last night, but they weren't called CR2's. They looked like CR2's, but they were called something like 1/2 AA or 2/3's AA.

Anyway, I think I read on the first page that the converter accepts voltages between 3.7 and 6v, so more than 6 probably wouldn't fly to well.
Thanks trashman. I was thinking of this thread but they are 3.0v rechargable LiON CR123 batteries. I thought they were CR2... Does anyone know if they come in CR2 and would they work in this flashlight anyway? I think they have more voltage but not like the 4.2+ LiONs.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trashman,

why YESSSSSSS.. The first generation Lithium Lux-V (XXOT) in black are gorgeus. I keep it safe in my Pelican case and play with it every so often when someone really needs to be impressed, or I really really want to see the whole room at once (whichever comes first).

Like I said when I first got the light I thought it was just a 5W pill dropped in the TnC AA.. BUT I WAS WRONG :rock: Chris came up with a custom reflector to really make the light shine, had a custom can built by none other than MJ for this light.

If you've looked at the orginal thread that Chris put out about this light and looked at the beam shots comparing the LionHeart (still one of my favorites I use it every night as my nightstand light) to the Lithium Lux-V, what you see is what you get (sort of) the Lionheart will give you a bright hotspot with a decent amount of side spill, (heres the sort of part) the Lithium Lux-V will give you LOTS of spill and almost no hotspot (you gotta look really really hard) the beamshot that chris has of his stair well does not give the Lithium Lux-V justice the spill will light up much much more than the stair well shows. The Lithium Lux-V will out flood my TW4 (and I have a really strong and white TW4)..

So if you are one of the very lucky 9 that gets the second batch of the Lithium Lux-V be very very happy and count yourself and fortunant. These are something to treasure.

Think of it this way, of the first 10 that were made I've only seen 1 ever sold after market.

Doug

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only question is, do I carry it? :thinking: I'm afraid I'm going to like it too much and it'll just become a regular user. Oh well, either way, I'll be happy.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trashman said:
The only question is, do I carry it? :thinking: I'm afraid I'm going to like it too much and it'll just become a regular user. Oh well, either way, I'll be happy.
DITTO!