• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT SingLED modules for Surefire incan E-series

knight7552

Newly Enlightened
Hi Tana,

I am new to this forum, and I read your initial posts. I am the proud owner of an E2E Executive Elite. I love this flashlight as I have had it for years. Well, recently I tried to remove the top part of the bezel and I scratched it up. I had no idea that it is nearly impossible to remove.

Anyways, I have seem some of your products and they look super friggin cool. After all these years with my light, I can say that I am in the market to upgrade from incandescent to LED.

I want something that is in the 600 lumen range. With a high and low setting (but if you only have one mode it is fine). Something that is bright, that throws the beam far, and that is battery efficient. Does something that have all these 3 qualities exist? How much would it cost me?

I see you have triple LEDs and single ones. I was looking for a drop in solution, but I would like to know the benefits of each option. Do you know where I can find this information?

Also, do you know where I can find a new bezel for my E2E? That sucker is all scratched up now :(

Best,
J

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Tana,

I am new to this forum, and I read your initial posts. I am the proud owner of an E2E Executive Elite. I love this flashlight as I have had it for years. Well, recently I tried to remove the top part of the bezel and I scratched it up. I had no idea that it is nearly impossible to remove.

Anyways, I have seem some of your products and they look super friggin cool. After all these years with my light, I can say that I am in the market to upgrade from incandescent to LED.

I want something that is in the 600 lumen range. With a high and low setting (but if you only have one mode it is fine). Something that is bright, that throws the beam far, and that is battery efficient. Does something that have all these 3 qualities exist? How much would it cost me?

I see you have triple LEDs and single ones. I was looking for a drop in solution, but I would like to know the benefits of each option. Do you know where I can find this information?

Also, do you know where I can find a new bezel for my E2E? That sucker is all scratched up now :(

Best,
J

All info is within SingLED and TripLED threads, there is lots of photos and beamshots so it gives a perspective of what kind of beam profile to expect, runtimes with certain cells, etc... It might be a little overwhelming to read all now but in the end will give enough info to decide if to go with SingLED module or TripLED turn-over - or maybe go completely different route that doesn't involve starting E2E host at all...

Both of them are not thrower lights, due to small size, they are floody setups - with TripLED being a "wall of light"... runtimes depend on amperage used on LED so it can widely wary...

As for the bezel... they've been out of production for quite some time so finding these gems is not easy any more... The natural HA bezels are usually sold around $30 - if you can find one... like I said, they are getting rarely offered lately...

knight7552

Newly Enlightened
All info is within SingLED and TripLED threads, there is lots of photos and beamshots so it gives a perspective of what kind of beam profile to expect, runtimes with certain cells, etc... It might be a little overwhelming to read all now but in the end will give enough info to decide if to go with SingLED module or TripLED turn-over - or maybe go completely different route that doesn't involve starting E2E host at all...

Both of them are not thrower lights, due to small size, they are floody setups - with TripLED being a "wall of light"... runtimes depend on amperage used on LED so it can widely wary...

As for the bezel... they've been out of production for quite some time so finding these gems is not easy any more... The natural HA bezels are usually sold around $30 - if you can find one... like I said, they are getting rarely offered lately...

Thank you Tana for your reply. I see why the E2E won't throw the light as far as some other lights. The head and it's depth is to small. I'm considering the single LED option. I will look over your options on the first page.

What would be your favorite LED drop in for an E2E?

knight7552

Newly Enlightened

Also, one more thing! How is that XP-G2-R5 LED? I've read some great things about it. It looks like you are offering it as a single drop in for the E2E. How much does that cost? Do you think this would go good with the E2E? what I mean by that is, would the E2E be a good and efficient host for it? I am running it stock with 2 CR123 batteries.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, one more thing! How is that XP-G2-R5 LED? I've read some great things about it. It looks like you are offering it as a single drop in for the E2E. How much does that cost? Do you think this would go good with the E2E? what I mean by that is, would the E2E be a good and efficient host for it? I am running it stock with 2 CR123 batteries.

My fav SingLED is definitely with Nichia 219B SW45 LED and LuciDrvFT firmware... with 1Amp on high to the LED, it's optimized for single li-ion rechargeable but works great with 2xCR123 in series...

Lately a nice option is also warm white setup with XPL...

XPG2 is for those looking for cooler color of the light (and more output compared to 219B - but most of the output is lost in spill so not a big deal - probably hard to notice)... XPL due to higher efficiency has about the same output as XPG2 but - in warm white...

knight7552

Newly Enlightened
My fav SingLED is definitely with Nichia 219B SW45 LED and LuciDrvFT firmware... with 1Amp on high to the LED, it's optimized for single li-ion rechargeable but works great with 2xCR123 in series...

XPG2 is for those looking for cooler color of the light (and more output compared to 219B - but most of the output is lost in spill so not a big deal - probably hard to notice)... XPL due to higher efficiency has about the same output as XPG2 but - in warm white...

Tana, I think I want the XPG. I will email you.

Thanks!

bartko09

Enlightened

Thinking I might want one also, Tana. Would u PM me price and shipping timelines? Thanks!

AussieRanga

Enlightened
Tana, I think I want the XPG. I will email you.

Thanks!

I have an XP-G2 6500K 1C and a Nichia 219B SingLED (go ahead and treat yourself by getting both BTW) and they both offer similar throw but completely different tints.. I guess it will come down to the tint you want in the end..

Overall output could be considered to some extent but to me there isn't a whole lot between the two - tint variance makes it hard to judge output so I certainly wouldn't say the XP-G2 is DEFINITELY brighter - if tints were similar (i.e. XP-G2 ~4500K) then I think the difference would be even less noticeable.
The only other factor that I may consider would be if XP-L had a much larger hotspot or not and how it affected beam pattern.

Thinking I might want one also, Tana. Would u PM me price and shipping timelines? Thanks!

It is all included on the first page. Shipping timeline can vary but I do believe it is roughly covered also - it would depend on his current workload and availability of parts for starters..

What do you want? If you expect Tana to go out of his way and PM you, I would suggest giving him something to work with so he isn't simply asking what you actually want.

I'm not trying to be rude but the guy is busy and if we would like him to meet our needs, we should make it as simple as possible for him to do so. I know there's alot of pages to read but all of the TNT - xxx threads contain pages upon PAGES of useful info (not to mention some drool worthy pics) so give them a read to hopefully help you decide what suits your needs the best ;)

Last edited:

bartko09

Enlightened
I'm not trying to be rude but the guy is busy and if we would like him to meet our needs, we should make it as simple as possible for him to do so. I know there's alot of pages to read but all of the TNT - xxx threads contain pages upon PAGES of useful info (not to mention some drool worthy pics) so give them a read to hopefully help you decide what suits your needs the best ;)

Thanks for the advice;

1st, you've allowed yourself to get worked up and spent 10 minutes of your life replying to a post that had absolutely nothing to do with you. Even worse, you did it over a $80 drop in that would lose two thirds of it's market share if Gene Malkoff put an E series drop-in into production.

And 2nd you could count on one hand, and still have fingers left over, when counting the amount of times I cared about the opinions of others. But thanks for the feedback ;)

AussieRanga said:
I have an XP-G2 6500K 1C and a Nichia 219B SingLED (go ahead and treat yourself by getting both BTW) and they both offer similar throw but completely different tints.. I guess it will come down to the tint you want in the end..

Overall output could be considered to some extent but to me there isn't a whole lot between the two - tint variance makes it hard to judge output so I certainly wouldn't say the XP-G2 is DEFINITELY brighter - if tints were similar (i.e. XP-G2 ~4500K) then I think the difference would be even less noticeable. The only other factor that I may consider would be if XP-L had a much larger hotspot or not and how it affected beam pattern.

Now that was a nice, productive, comment. Thank you! Ironically, it helped a lot.

tjhabak

Enlightened
Thanks for the advice;

1st, you've allowed yourself to get worked up and spent 10 minutes of your life replying to a post that had absolutely nothing to do with you. Even worse, you did it over a $80 drop in that would lose two thirds of it's market share if Gene Malkoff put an E series drop-in into production.

And 2nd you could count on one hand, and still have fingers left over, when counting the amount of times I cared about the opinions of others. But thanks for the feedback ;)

Now that was a nice, productive, comment. Thank you! Ironically, it helped a lot.

There's no doubt Gene Malkoff's products are top of the line bombproof heavy duty gear. He is also one of the best guys out there. Tana is too though. Even if that E series drop-in ever comes to fruition, you would only be hurting yourself by not taking the opportunity to examine and enjoy Tana's workmanship. I have more stuff from both guys than I care to admit in public (especially if my wife's around), and believe me there will always be a place for both if them.

If you really want to do it right, go for a TNT TripLED! With the Lucidrvft firmware it will be the most versatile, useful all purpose edc'able light you own!☺

bartko09

Enlightened
There's no doubt Gene Malkoff's products are top of the line bombproof heavy duty gear. He is also one of the best guys out there. Tana is too though. Even if that E series drop-in ever comes to fruition, you would only be hurting yourself by not taking the opportunity to examine and enjoy Tana's workmanship. I have more stuff from both guys than I care to admit in public (especially if my wife's around), and believe me there will always be a place for both if them.

If you really want to do it right, go for a TNT TripLED! With the Lucidrvft firmware it will be the most versatile, useful all purpose edc'able light you own![emoji5]

Actually I was only trying to make a point, earlier. I've seen Tana's work, in action, and think it's world class. In fact I sent him a message just a bit ago outlining what I hope will be a successful build of a single LED e series drop in (XPL V6).

As far as the Triple, I was thinking of skipping it and going straight for the Quad. Hahaha! Although, Id eventually circle back around for a triple at some point. I have 5 or 6 really great hosts and at this point am starting to just buy custom drop in's. In fact I'm starting to horde 'em, really. Hahaha!

Believe me, I know all about the wife comment. I've said plenty of times that there's moments where I feel like a spec operator, behind enemy lines, sneaking to the mailbox! I'm sure there's hundreds of guys here who can relate! Hahaha!

Take care and have a great holiday weekend!

hombreluhrs

Enlightened
Never tried, lol... I believe MC-E is too big to fit tiny opening in e-series reflector...

You know... with all these modern LEDs around - how did you come up with MCE ??? :)
Come on man... Don't tell me that. :mecry: I was just thinkin how much I like the tint on two of my other lights with neutral MCE... o well, thanks anyway :)

Jvvjvv

Enlightened
XPL U5 Warm White, Custom Linear Driver (2.8-6V, 1 Amp on high, CUSTOM modes per request, 300 OTF lumens) and BRASS pill:
$80 (total with PayPal fee and international priority/registered airmail shipping)
NOTE: 3000K WARM WHITE

+$12.00 for programable driver.

$92.00 total

Jack

(

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
XPL U5 Warm White, Custom Linear Driver (2.8-6V, 1 Amp on high, CUSTOM modes per request, 300 OTF lumens) and BRASS pill:
$80 (total with PayPal fee and international priority/registered airmail shipping)
NOTE: 3000K WARM WHITE

+$12.00 for programable driver.

$92.00 total

Jack

(

PM replied, Jack...

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tarik, with those new 219C or Oslons in mind, what max current, in princliple, could be supplied by the programmable driver? Let us forget about heat issues for a moment.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tarik, with those new 219C or Oslons in mind, what max current, in princliple, could be supplied by the programmable driver? Let us forget about heat issues for a moment.

What do you mean "let us forget about heat issues for a moment"... that's THE MOST important thing here... well... about the most important anyway... :)

New LEDs coming out (like 219C) will behave similar to all our "old friends" like XPG2 or 219B... it has lower Vf than 219B (hopefully hi-cri stays this way) so same amperages apply for them as well...

So... theoretically it could be set with 3Amp driver but that's just plain ridiculous, not insane... for this module I'd say 1.4-1.5Amp is max current - and if 1.4Amp is to be installed, running on high would have to be limited to 2 minutes... With 1Amp (usual amperage) it's safe to use high in prolonged period... We always have to have in mind cells to be used - e-series is limited to thinner cells (can't use 18mm unless in custom setup, I don't like bored e-series bodies personally) so 1Amp is great to be used with both tiny IMR 16340 but also two primaries in series (E2E)...

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I mean if I need to illuminate something distant for, say, just 5 seconds, I'd like to have the possibility to run it as hard as the LED could handle. For 219C this means 5 or even 8amps. Now, your tripleds in the same head run at 3amps just fine. So what is the limit for the driver's circuit?

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I mean if I need to illuminate something distant for, say, just 5 seconds, I'd like to have the possibility to run it as hard as the LED could handle. For 219C this means 5 or even 8amps. Now, your tripleds in the same head run at 3amps just fine. So what is the limit for the driver's circuit?

It's hard to answer your question... What do you mean "limit for the driver's circuit" ??? Theoretically it could be DIRECT DRIVE... so that amperage you mentioned above is possible - at least for short while until LED is dead...

You can't ignore it (heatsinking)... fail to remove heat effectively from LED and it will overheat/change color/die... very simple...

It's wrong to think that if we overdrive LED in single LED setup with shallow reflector we will improve throw drastically... the gain will again be mostly in spill; hotspot, although it would be slightly brighter - it wouldn't provide any better throw worth mentioning...

In hope to put this to the rest, I'd be OK to leave high at 1.4Amps for any modern white LED (219B, 219C, XPG2, XPL) as long as member keeps in mind that it shouldn't be ran more than maybe 1 minute on high... for more durable setup, I'd stick to 1Amp as 99% of SingLEDs made so far... for anything requiring more throw / power, TripLED at 3Amps is next step, XPG2 or even XPE2 for max throw...