• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT SingLED modules for Surefire incan E-series

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
SingLED XPL HI is a ON !!! I just found a proper focus point with XPL HI and neutral white 5000K LED I had on hand...

Beautiful... now onto trying to find more nice tints of this LED... :)

Bluemonday

Newly Enlightened
Tana,

I want to upgrade my incandescent 60 lumen SF e2e (while keeping the original head mounted pocket clip) to an LED solution in the 300 lumen range using the same standard 123 batteries. This is for tactical use.

Can you help me?

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tana,

I want to upgrade my incandescent 60 lumen SF e2e (while keeping the original head mounted pocket clip) to an LED solution in the 300 lumen range using the same standard 123 batteries. This is for tactical use.

Can you help me?

Yeah... SingLED with XPG2 cool white and single mode driver would do just fine... Amperage limited to 700mA so you'd have at least 2 hours runtime with primaries (3.5 hrs with li-ion 16650 2500mAh cell, if you ever go rechargeable - you can get one cell and charger for around $15)...

One thing, though... although it is around 300 lumens output, throw will not be improved compared to stock MN03, hot spot will remain about the same, thanks to shallow reflector however there will be a HUGE spill - room sweeper...

MMD

Enlightened
Hello Tana,

I would like to order another SingLED. I was planning to go with the XPL U5 Warm White 3000K. I see that you are offering the XPL HI. Could you tell me what benefits I would see with the XPL Hi? What differences could I expect between the two emitters?

I will be ordering with the Dr. Jones LuciDrv. Would it be possible to order that as the LuciDrv/FT with the double click option? This is the Off Time option.

Thank you,
Mason

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Tana,

I would like to order another SingLED. I was planning to go with the XPL U5 Warm White 3000K. I see that you are offering the XPL HI. Could you tell me what benefits I would see with the XPL Hi? What differences could I expect between the two emitters?

I will be ordering with the Dr. Jones LuciDrv. Would it be possible to order that as the LuciDrv/FT with the double click option? This is the Off Time option.

Thank you,
Mason

No difference in beam profile, it's still wide spill with small hotspot... either would perform the same to our eyes, especially with warm white tint... there might be small difference in color of hotspot between COOL WHITE XPL HD and XPL HI but I still didn't build/compare them... probably no difference there as well...

As for XPL HI or XPL HD, I have a great tint XPL HD now that I got especially for SingLEDs (3000K, 90+CRI)... as for XPL HI's in warm white, I only have few sets with matched Vf for TripLED setup so no extra XPL HI for now for single LED builds... XPL HD 3000K 90+CRI in SingLED config is definitely the best option that I have right now...

Especially if paired with LuciDrvFT... I don't have version with double-tap... it's a neat feat but effectively negates quick access to 2nd and 3rd mode in build... so I never ordered any from Doc... so I have only regular LuciDrvFT...

And yeah, I've been using only off-time based firmwares for a while now, both my own simple programmings or Doc's ingenious codings so no more on-time anything... things constantly evolve... :thumbsup:

MMD

Enlightened
Sounds very good.

I will go with the XPL HD 3000K 90+CRI SingLED with DR. Jones LuciDrvFT.

I will PayPal shortly. It should be 92$ if I am correct.

MMD

Enlightened
I am so excited to get a back up to this one. It has been such a useful companion I worried what I would do if something happened to it.

qybk3c.jpg

recDNA

Flashaholic
No difference in beam profile, it's still wide spill with small hotspot... either would perform the same to our eyes, especially with warm white tint... there might be small difference in color of hotspot between COOL WHITE XPL HD and XPL HI but I still didn't build/compare them... probably no difference there as well...

As for XPL HI or XPL HD, I have a great tint XPL HD now that I got especially for SingLEDs (3000K, 90+CRI)... as for XPL HI's in warm white, I only have few sets with matched Vf for TripLED setup so no extra XPL HI for now for single LED builds... XPL HD 3000K 90+CRI in SingLED config is definitely the best option that I have right now...

Especially if paired with LuciDrvFT... I don't have version with double-tap... it's a neat feat but effectively negates quick access to 2nd and 3rd mode in build... so I never ordered any from Doc... so I have only regular LuciDrvFT...

And yeah, I've been using only off-time based firmwares for a while now, both my own simple programmings or Doc's ingenious codings so no more on-time anything... things constantly evolve... :thumbsup:
This sounds really nice. Any estimate of output at 3 volts vs 4.2 volts? Does Lucidvr allow a 1.4 amp setting LMH no memory? Thanks.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
This sounds really nice. Any estimate of output at 3 volts vs 4.2 volts? Does Lucidvr allow a 1.4 amp setting LMH no memory? Thanks.
The thing about Lucidrv is that u can totally customise the 2 groups with any mode settings you want, that includes memory...
Unlike the Guppydrv, the list of modes are preset & u can only choose from them.

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
No boost drivers with LuciDrvFT firmware yet (wish there was)... so no LuciDrvFT on 3V (boost) drivers for sure...

But I don't have any more boost drivers anyway, all SingLEDs I'm making now are optimized for single li-ion rechargeable cell...

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TNT SingLED modules for Surefire incan E-series - E1E, E2E, E2D

I think what recDNA meant is that when the cell drains down to 3V, what will be the output compared to a fully charged cell..

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hm... for me when you say 3V vs. 4.2V is basically difference when running primary CR123 vs AW IMR 16340, for example... and with linear drivers, primary CR123 is not even an option - it will put out some light but completely non-regulated and no idea how it would behave as cell depletes...

Li-ion cells at 3V are pretty much empty so shouldn't output anything at all... :)

But I think I need to make sure, I don't have any driver that will work on both single primary and li-ion cell... I used to have a boost driver 3-mode that was OK with primary (with li-ion would be in direct drive) but no more of those... I just have linear (fixed modes or programmable) for now for SingLEDs - so single li-ion setup or 2xprimary in series...

And yes, LuciDrvFT allows Low/Med/High and no memory setup - just like whole bunch of other setups... oh, and 1.4Amp mention is a trick (right?) - I still build SingLEDs to utilize 1Amp on high, not 1.4Amp... :)

Last edited:

Modder

Newly Enlightened

Hi, nice post ! I did not read all but do you still make the (bare) modules ?

Modder

Newly Enlightened

Hi, nice post ! I did not read all but do you still make the (bare) modules ?