Too Many AC Adapters?

marcosg

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help,
I stop by Microcenter yesterday and found a APC strip where i can plug the computer on the master and everything else that is plugged in using the remaining outlets on the same power strip shuts off when the computer is is power down so, no current will go to the power bricks.
As for the chargers, I'll move the power strip where i can access the on/off button.
On thing I noticed last night was that the AC adapters of the C9000 chargers are all different. All are 12V-2A output but the inputs are different. One is 0.6 A the second is 0.7A and the third is 1.1A. The greater the input AMPS the noisier it gets but only when i get my ear close to them. Never paid attention to it. Does the input for the adapters matters?
QrrxC91Nrxe

Last edited:

tslrc

Newly Enlightened
marcosg - Where did you get the blue and red batter cases? I have never seen those, they look like I need them :)

marcosg

Newly Enlightened
marcosg - Where did you get the blue and red batter cases? I have never seen those, they look like I need them :)

MTM 100 Round Flip-Top Ammo Box 41/44 Cal (Clear Red)

3 of MTM 50 Round Flip-Top Rifle Ammo Box WSSM, 500 S&W (Clear Blue)

Amazon.
The red is for the AAA $6.00, The blue for AA $4.00.
They are ammo boxes but perfect for batteries. Very thick plastic too. I own no guns.

Flip up side down the ones that need to be recharged. In this picture, they're all charged.

Last edited:

tslrc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks marcosg, this should help me better organize, and keep batteries in one place for charging!

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have all my chargers with easy access to the AC adapters/surge protector strip. So far i only have two analyzer chargers (the La Crosse BC-1000 and Maha C9000) and the Panasonic BQ-CC17 Eneloop charger, i also have the Goal Zero Guide 10+ which only charges 4 cells at a time but great for 4 cell devices. That's all the chargers i need for now. If i need more i'd just set up a charging table and a dedicated surge protector strip. Right now i got the two chargers next to my computer and tv which is where i like it when i am watching tv, gaming or just at the computer. Pretty easy to check charging conditions there.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
To the original OP, with all the hardware you have money invested in, before anything else you need a Quality surge protector. I have the Tripplite 6 outlet model. There are 8 outlet model as well. I am talking about the all metal case. You will have it forever or until bad lightning happens, had mine for like 15 years. I think they are like $60 or more on Amazon, but definitely worth it.
Unfortunately good quality, ALL METAL, not plastic, surge protectors and overlooked/ignored 98% of the time.

Last edited:

marcosg

Newly Enlightened
To the original OP, with all the hardware you have money invested in, before anything else you need a Quality surge protector. I have the Tripplite 6 outlet model. There are 8 outlet model as well. I am talking about the all metal case. You will have it forever or until bad lightning happens, had mine for like 15 years. I think they are like $60 or more on Amazon, but definitely worth it.
Unfortunately good quality, ALL METAL, not plastic, surge protectors and overlooked/ignored 98% of the time.

This Tripplite seems to be very well made and heavy duty too. I have purchased the belkin with a remote switch that works well. Not as heavy duty as the tripplite. I've also changed the wall switch that controls the wall ac outlet. The on/off switch only controls the top of the ac outlet where the power strips are. the bottom ac of the same outlet I wired to be always on for the lamp.
Sometimes it is a little hard because of the layout of the room.