Toothless E2DL

Nathan

Enlightened
Just got my E2DL head de-fanged. M I K's work is excellent. For months I had planned to swap bezels with an E1B, but I was afraid to damage potentially two heads. This is so much easier. And easier on the pocket too, both on the material and the little cash I have inside it.

This my new EDC. It runs on a 3.7V RCR123 and outshines my stock E1B by a good 15 to 20%.

Thanks M I K !

IMG_7595.jpg

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
why not just buy a KX2C? or are they HA only?
Very impressive work you've done there!

Any chance you can turn E2D heads into Exe-BK heads?:p

Nathan

Enlightened
why not just buy a KX2C? or are they HA only?

KX2C's are available in black and desert brown.
And they're single level only.
And I already have one...

A de-fanged 2-stage E2DL is the optimal combination, IMO.

Pontiaker

Enlightened
Are you using the "Aluminum Black" Dye sold by Birchwood Casey aluminum gun part touch up? This stuff works pretty well for touch up work on anything aluminum if you want to try something else. I wonder what my Ferrich Chloride would do to alum? It makes steel dark grey or black....Will try it on a sample.:thumbsup:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
That stuff has been out for a long time. I tried it once and it often acted like water. Sometimes it would be ok, sometimes it would be so-so, and sometimes it wouldn't even do anything. I'm not sure why it was so inconsistent.

M I K, so what works for blackening aluminum? :thinking:

Pontiaker

Enlightened
That stuff has been out for a long time. I tried it once and it often acted like water. Sometimes it would be ok, sometimes it would be so-so, and sometimes it wouldn't even do anything. I'm not sure why it was so inconsistent.

Its worked on everything I have ever used it on, but I have never used it on lights before.... Iam sure it works better on some alum alloy's and not as good on other's....

brucec

Enlightened
Got mine back from MIK. Great job! The head is like a two-mode KX2C. MIK is a real pleasure to deal with. Thanks again!