Torch Reviews Site - new reviews added!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Torch Reviews Site - new review added!

Craig received one direct from the mfgr. I only got the 3 AAA version from the mfgr. Havn't seen the larger ones anywhere for sale.

You're really on a roll with the bite sized reviews!

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think we all got them at around the same time - Mr Chang of ISP Korea gave me a choice of which one I`d like - and I`d not long ordered the 3AAA from LF (it was in transit) so I went for the biggun.

Craig must`ve gotten them both cos he`s got a bigger web site than we have /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think I`m about to grind to a bit of a halt with the reviews cos I`ve reached the Arc LSH-P and I want to do that one in detail. I figure that`ll take 3 or 4 days at best, given the other household tasks I`ve got to catch up on this week. When will they hurry up and invent self-trimming hedges and self-tidying storerooms? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Very nice "bite sized" review of the AT2000L you've got.

I did get an email from Mr. Chang not long after mine went up to remove the Aitec.com address and put up http://isp.koreasme.com in its place. You may get the same email too...or you may not...or maybe it was a ploy to get somebody to buy a whole s**tload of them from ISP. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I see yours too has that awful "rotten cat urine green" crescent in the beam like mine has, but I think it's really a nice flashlight for light-duty use, like looking in unlighted closets and boxes. That green crescent really isn't that bothersome & obnoxious unless you just shoot white walls and white targets with the light like most of us flashaholics do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

ISP Korea had better put details of the AT series flashlights on their web site if they want me to link to them! As far as I know, Aitec is just a brand name or maybe a distributor and ISP are the genuine manufacturers, but only the Aitec site has any details so that`s where my Manufacturer`s Site link points at for now. I do link to ISP Korea at the bottom of the page under Acknowledgements, and they`re in my Links section too (Aitec`s page is not) so they can`t complain really!

-

New Bite Sized Review Added:

Osram Mini Combi

minicombi.jpg

Find it in the Combination section of torchreviews.net

...assuming it`s accessible that is. Today and yesterday too, there have been periods of a half hour or more around this time of day when the site has dissapeared from the internet as if it were never there. I don`t know why, and I don`t know how long this has been going on cos I`m usually not here during this time. I`d be interested to know if anyone else has tried accessing the site and failled, or if the images on this page/my banner and avatar have not showed up - just in case I need to start kicking some butts at Tripod to get it fixed.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Your site is 'HTTP 404 Not Found' for me right now and of course your avatar and graphics are nice little <font color="red">x</font>'s.

Pat

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Right. Someone`s head`s going to roll........

<edit>.....or maybe not. When I just wrote that, all the images and my banner were dead, but then the page comes back after entering the post and they`re all back. I`ll just offer Tripod a swift kick in the pants instead, and see just what the forgoodnesssake is going on.....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

New Bite Sized Review added:

Maglite Solitaire

solitaire.jpg

Oh dear.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Find it in the Incandescent section of torchreviews.net

-

Been trying to complete the Arc LSHP and set up for a burn-time test today, for the first time in ages. Set it going, came back 2 hours later to a box with a hot LSHP inside, and a light meter with a dead battery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif . Burned up a SF123 for nothing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif . Guess the burntest will have to wait, like all the others. As it is, I wrote the Solitaire one instead. Hope to finish the LSHP tomorrow.

-

Regarding the outages, well I fired off a message to the generic Lycos Support address since it`s nigh on impossible to find a direct line to Tripod. But it`s all part of the same organization so we`ll see if it gets to where it`s going, and they repsond.
I noticed some long gaps in the visits (from the Nedstat page - blue icon at the lower left of the index "enter here" page) but don`t know if those were further outages or just gaps when no-one wanted to visit. It seems OK to me for now though.

Hope it stays that way.
wink.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

New Bite Sized Review added:

Docter Aspherilux Midi 125

docter.jpg

Find it in the Incandescent section of torchreviews.net

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think this page is getting rather long so this will be the last New Review announcement here. I`ll start a new thread when the next one`s ready, but I`ll drop a link to it here in case anyone`s following this one specifically.

-

New Review Added.

Arc LSH-P

arclshp.jpg

An excellent light that I would reccomend to any flashlight connosuers or those who require the brightest, smallest, toughest light money can buy! Find it in the LED section of torchreviews.net

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

If he keeps this up, I'm going to have to hire a professional writer.....

Nice review, Chris!

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad you like it guys. Don`t worry about me though, you`re still way ahead of me in time-between-new-reviews. I`d love to be able to write more, and the Bite Sized ones kind-of let me do that by taking less time to finish, but I still want to write as many full pages as possible, and that takes so much time.

I still can`t see the end of the "waiting list" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif . Two Nuwai LED lights arrived earlier in the week, an Inova 247, a bag of Glowrings and an Ultrastinger are on their way and there`s still the Arc AAA Premium to do too - they`re coming in faster than I could ever keep up with, but that`s just down to my addiction more than anything. My own fault for buying so many!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

You know, after I got home from the hospital in January, I started a list of all the lights & LEDs I had to do, and now it's something like two and a quarter pages long. I've probably got 1/3 to 1/2 of them done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
Guess I'd better pare that list down and remove all the lights I've done.

Ahhhh, the joys of being a flashaholic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

(Edit)
There are 33 that I need to do, and 21 that are at least somewhat done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif