• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TorchLAB V4 Triple LED drop ins - Full Boost, Thermal, and Voltage Regulation

nd1979

Newly Enlightened
I would like to add that mine is slowly binking just as FPSRelic described, on fully charged batteries. Low is still BRIGHT when you look at the led...lol!

Last edited:

flashfiend

Enlightened
I would like to add that mine is slowly binking just as filip described, on fully charged batteries. Low is still BRIGHT when you look at the led...lol!

Not as blinding as other drivers that don't go as low as 1%. 11 lumens in your eyes is easier to look at than 55 lumens or 110 lumens. However, I have the H/M/L model so mines starts out at "Holy Crap, I'm blind!"

FPSRelic

Enlightened
I would like to add that mine is slowly binking just as filip described, on fully charged batteries. Low is still BRIGHT when you look at the led...lol!

Sweet. Sounds like a feature as opposed to a fault. It looks like this board was developed to work with a light that operates with a standby mode.

Filip

Newly Enlightened
ShineOnYouCrazyDiaomnd, how would you compare your H3 HML Nichia 219 and L3 HML XPG neutral? Thanks

S1LVA

Enlightened
I really need to stop reading this thread. My LMH isn't scheduled to arrive until Friday. Mr. Postman will have to leave a notice because I will be at work and I won't get it till Saturday!

On a more relative note, I can do a comparison between the 219 and a single level XP-G Neutral. Also, the differences on one or two cells. (no beamshots though!)

S1LVA
:wave:

fabienne

Enlightened
ShineOnYouCrazyDiaomnd, how would you compare your H3 HML Nichia 219 and L3 HML XPG neutral? Thanks

I don't know if my Nichia219 is pretty much the same as OR but it's from the same board L334 but different manufacturer. Both are on 2 cells : 2x18650.
Just to give an idea on tint :
Tint comparison
I set camera white balance to daylight
quad-xpg coolwhite left
triple nichia 219 middle
triple xp-g neutral right

Though between nichia 219 hi-cri and neutral xpg is almost the same visually, only different by the tint little bit. Neutral xpg is more pinkish, while Nichia 219 is more greenish. But the photo below shows much more contrasting image
IMG_0210.jpg

Last edited:

flashfiend

Enlightened
I don't know if my Nichia219 is pretty much the same as OR but it's from the same board L334 but different manufacturer. Both are on 2 cells : 2x18650.
Just to give an idea on tint :
Tint comparison
I set camera white balance to daylight
quad-xpg coolwhite left
triple nichia 219 middle
triple xp-g neutral right

Though between nichia 219 hi-cri and neutral xpg is almost the same visually, only different by the tint little bit. Neutral xpg is more pinkish, while Nichia 219 is more greenish. But the photo below shows much more contrasting image
IMG_0210.jpg

That's weird, to my eye the Moddoo 219 triple is closer in color to your neutral xp-g and has a pinkish tint.

Filip

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, fabienne. That's what I see when looking at my OR Triple Neutral XPG and Malkoff M61/31 219. I like both these leds and fortunately I feel no need to buy another OR Triple (2 days ago the (perfect) OR Triple neutral XPE arrived). For now...

Though between nichia 219 hi-cri and neutral xpg is almost the same visually, only different by the tint little bit. Neutral xpg is more pinkish, while
Nichia 219 is more greenish.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my H3 LMH 219. This is my very first experience with the 219 emitter and at first it seemed similar to my v3 L3n as far as I remember, but then I start to notice how the browns and reds just pop and all of the colors just look right. I'm in love!

I too have the red led that comes on in low mode, both with single and double li-ion cells. It's very dim and unnoticeable unless you're specifically looking for it. I can't verify if it comes on in med and hi, but for obvious reasons. Too dang bright! :) But that should tell everyone that whether it's a feature or flaw, its unnoticeable, and is of no concern.

This might be something to note though. The "soft transition" feature is not there or is imperceptible. It's instant change from off-L-M-H. I've owned and used a v3 triple in the past, so I'm very familiar with how the "soft transition" looks like and it's not there. It doesn't bother me either way, but I think it's something that should be pointed out.

Again. Another quality piece from Torchlabs! You can't go wrong with this drop-in.

FPSRelic

Enlightened
This might be something to note though. The "soft transition" feature is not there or is imperceptible. It's instant change from off-L-M-H. I've owned and used a v3 triple in the past, so I'm very familiar with how the "soft transition" looks like and it's not there. It doesn't bother me either way, but I think it's something that should be pointed out.

I have noticed this as well when comparing it to the v3 version. I'm not sure if it's not there at all or if it's just not as pronounced.

FPSRelic

Enlightened
Best kept secret.

Plenty of Lumens,
More throw than XPG or 219
Amazing Tint

And only a few left...

Yes. I definately prefer the extra throw that xp-e delivers. Triples already give a great deal of flood as it is, and imo any emitters used in this setup that offer even more flood is overkill for me.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finishing up some 1400 lumen XPG models for you guys today.

They will hit the Oveready shelves soon.

Have a great weekend with those Nichia units!

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Nichia is amazing. It's my first triple and my brightest LED unit.

The floody beam works nicely. It makes an SC600w look like a green thrower though.

Barbarian

Enlightened
This module is top notch in every way (as usual) from TorchLAB. Thanks for the superior products and service Tom and Dan.