toughest, longest-lasting, 1 or 2 AA light with a clip

ericbakuladavis

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

I'm looking for a light that is...

- Very tough, reliable, long-lasting, and water resistant
- Runs on 1 or 2 AA cells
- Has a pocket clip or can be easily fitted with one

In terms of features, I'm not looking for modes or output regulation. My thinking is that simpler is tougher. I want a light that can take a beating and keep working for a long time. I'm am thinking twisty switch since they seem more reliable. I have read about Peak lights which seem very tough, but they don't come with clips. I would like something under $80. Under $60 would be even better.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Eric

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I think that Prometheus Lights still has Peak clips ....

I'm not sure, though, if the Eiger (AAA) clip can be reshaped easily to fit the El Capitan (AA) model :eek:

ericbakuladavis

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your reply, archimdedes. Indeed, it seems that Prometheus Lights still has Eiger clips (and Preon clips) which might work. I did find a forum post on edcforums which claims that the Eiger clip will fit the El Cap ( link ). I'm considering that route but also wondering if there is anything else out there that fits the bill. One reason I'm looking for other options is that I'd rather not have the little keychain attachment sticking out the back of the light.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
From your description, it seems that durability, reliability, and simplicity are the key priorities.

I would naturally think of Peak, Malkoff, SureFire, and (expensive / custom) McGizmo. In AA, of these, Peak is the only twisty and the only one within budget. Peak is also the simplest in terms of modes and regulation.

Also, note that Peak make a "pocket body" model, without lug or keyring attachment, which also allows for tailstanding feature ... and on the "keyring" version, that attachment post can be unscrewed to remove it, as desired.

Last edited:

RTR882

Newly Enlightened
Seems that the Armytek A1 Partner would fill the bill. Reviewed on these fora by selfbuilt. Single AA two modes - Hi Low and built tough. Can also use a 14500 battery for stupid brightness.

Last edited:

drpower

Newly Enlightened
I wanted a Titanium light, the Olight S15 Ti looked like a nice light with great reviews. Single AA or 14500 clicky and its neutral white. not bad for $80 OBO on ebay, I offered less and HKE countered for a very agreeable price with free shipping!

ericbakuladavis

Newly Enlightened
Hi All. Thanks to everyone who commented on this thread.

I ended up buying a non-QTC Peak El Capitan and fitting it with a pocket clip for Fenix AAA lights. Here's a link to a little description of what I did: link

Last edited: