Tri-V lens cap sales thread

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
PICT0800.jpg

Here are the translucent colors. I can do yellow too for the same price. These I find especially interesting because they actually come in handy for more than just protection. They expand the lighting options on the light that already had the most options of any light on the market. Many like red output for lighting the way at star parties and you will find the red to be perfect for the job. It looks just like you had a full-on red LED in there. Blue works highly efficiently as well and makes things look just like you had a royal blue LED. The green is not as good of an outcome. The pictures don't pick up the green too well. It works just fine but does not have the intensity or saturation that the other two have. BTW I can also do a purple one which should be interesting since there really are no true purple LEDs that I know of outside of the evidot ones which are really dim. Anyway let me know what you think. The options and beamshots have been added to the main list.

RIDE

Enlightened
OH snap! I may have to add that red translucent!

*EDIT: PayPal sent...additional $12 for the Translucent Red!**

RIDE

Last edited:

aikiman44

Enlightened
1 - Translucent Red $12
1 - Cast Titanium $25
1 - Glow $14
1 - Blue $13
Shipping $5

Total: $69
PP sent.

Great work, thanks!

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
I realize this would require an extra mold, but it would be super-cool if the translucent colors were available with grommeted cutouts for colored lenses to be installed in front of the projector, to preserve the throw of the beam without exposing the aspheric to damage.

However, since that's almost certainly a bridge too far, I'll take 2x Cast Titanium and 2x Translucent Red. Paypal incoming.

cnjl3

Enlightened
I guess I am the only one with questions. Is the color the only difference between choices? Because you mention UV stabilizer, GIDP and colors as ingredients for these lens caps which makes me wonder if these additives will impact on hardness/softness. Which lens cover will be the most durable? Will they be a friction fit or will they use an o-ring? I see a lot of pictures of the top of the lens cover but none of the portion that slips into the TRI-V itself. Thank you for all your hard work on this project.
popcorn.gif

X_Marine

Enlightened
Sorry, I was napping in the back row. :shakehead

Great job .... Michael!..
I'll take in no hurry what so ever:
One each Please..
---Translucent Blue $12
---Translucent Green $12
---Translucent Red $12
---Glow $14
And Yellow if you have enough orders.
And any other translucent color you may come up with.

When I fist saw the samples I had already thought, ok I'll need to drill a hole in these so I can see the light. Hmm I wish.. lol

But then I saw the others and they are great. :thumbsup:
I use my Tri-V a lot for lighting photo and video opportunities and these will add so many variables. Oh ya!!..
PP sent any over is tax or whatever. ')

Many thanks dude..
X/BillyD..
icon14.gif

fasteddie

Enlightened
Please change my solid red to translucent red. Might as well get the red filter aspect. Dont worry about the price difference.

dcaprilia

Enlightened
They look great!

Ill take

---Translucent Red $12

---Glow $14

shipping $5

Total $31

Paypal sent.

Last edited:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick question...

If one were to cut off the A cover, and only leave the Flood cover, would this stay on the light or would it be inclinded to fall off??

Reason, I would like one to protect the Flood light as a more permanent type, as the R & A lenses are the ones I use the most.
This would allow me to keep the bare LED covered for 99% of the time and keep the A available without removing the cover.
If this is the case, I want to order another cover that I can cut up. Can I add one more to my order & save shipping charges again?

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:
Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #2XC47429KU2092219)

Quantity 1 - Translucent Green
$12 plus $5 shipping
Total sent $17

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal::party::wave:

Order details updated in 1st post....:thumbsup:
Also made sure to include the correct info in pay-pal payment.

1 X Solid Gold
1 X Cast Titanium
1 X Transmissive Black
1 X Transmissive Red
USPS Priority Shipping

(Unique Transaction ID #62A91041EE117873W)

Thanks again!!lovecpf

Last edited:

X_Marine

Enlightened
Quick question...

If one were to cut off the A cover, and only leave the Flood cover, would this stay on the light or would it be inclinded to fall off??

Reason, I would like one to protect the Flood light as a more permanent type, as the R & A lenses are the ones I use the most.
This would allow me to keep the bare LED covered for 99% of the time and keep the A available without removing the cover.
If this is the case, I want to order another cover that I can cut up. Can I add one more to my order & save shipping charges again?
Not having seen these myself, I actually don't know what I'm talking bout, but whats new.. lol
You might try cutting the center only out on your A lens and see if it effects your beam. May not be quite as tight a fit but would still hold fairly well I would think. Or get creative and cut a start in the center.. hmm I better quit. lol

Thanks
X/BillyD..
icon14.gif

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I am the only one with questions. Is the color the only difference between choices? Because you mention UV stabilizer, GIDP and colors as ingredients for these lens caps which makes me wonder if these additives will impact on hardness/softness. Which lens cover will be the most durable? Will they be a friction fit or will they use an o-ring? I see a lot of pictures of the top of the lens cover but none of the portion that slips into the TRI-V itself. Thank you for all your hard work on this project.
popcorn.gif
The additives, other than an accelerant I use, do not really affect the hardness/softness of the rubber. As a general rule anything you add to the rubber is going to modify and maybe degrade the properties. That said with the exception of the GITDP everything is designed to be used as a "system" so I see no real reason to worry. The least durable would probably be the GITD version but that is just a guess. Even still unless you are really abusing it I see no reason to worry.

They are friction fit using primarily the ID of the aspheric to do the holding. I still need to get the caps over to fasteddie so he can verify that it works in the field before I go making all these caps. I need to stop fooling around with all these variants. :eek:

And on that note I'd like to mention that I am working on making some that increase the CRI of the light.:) The caps look the same color as the high CRI phosphors you see in LEDs. I am using a phosphorescent red dye to boost the reds a bit. They are still setting up at the moment so I don't have any pictures yet.

I'll get pics of the backside up in a few minutes.

Quick question...

No this will not be possible. The area around the flood does not have a complete circuit around the circumference and therefore has no way of applying any holding pressure. I did consider making a separate piece that would cover only the flood but not enough people seemed interested in that. You can of course add more to your order without being charged any more for shipping unless your order has already shipped which it most definitely has not. :thumbsup:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is two more. Purple and yellow. The yellow turned out OK. I think it could have used a little bit more tint to make it a more intense yellow and I will do that for anyone that actually purchases one. The purple was really strange. When I turned it on the first thing I though was that it looked like I now had a blacklight. It is not of course that deep into the UV as the base chip is only a royal blue but the effect was very interesting to say the least. It causes a noticeable florescence in anything that has that type of dye. It also makes normal yellows look red-red orange while the blues and reds in things absolutely pop. There is a very big lumens hit with this one but it makes for a very good imitation of a blacklight on the fly. It does some strange things with some of the things found in nature. It made some lichen on my tree glow red and stand out quite dramatically from the bark. Anyway here are the pictures from these two along with a shot of the backside as was requested. Prices are the same as the other translucent colors.

lenscaps001.jpg

Notice how the normally yellow on the bottle changed to red orange.
lenscaps005.jpg

Theres a little bit of dust on there that needs cleaned up but there you go.
lenscaps012.jpg

cnjl3

Enlightened
Thanks for answering my questions and for pic's of the bottom of your
lens covers.
:paypal:
for two lens covers:
1 liquid titanium
1 translucent red

Has "fasteddie" verified that this current model works?

A big THANKS for all your hard work.

They are friction fit using primarily the ID of the aspheric to do the holding. I still need to get the caps over to fasteddie so he can verify that it works in the field before I go making all these caps. I need to stop fooling around with all these variants. :eek:
I'll get pics of the backside up in a few minutes.
:thumbsup: