Tri-V2 Information

fyrstormer

Banned
All I was looking for was a more direct way to specify what each click of the knob should do - flood emitter at 500mA, projector at 1000mA, etc. For whatever reason, I assumed the board would have USB headers on it, as do many microcontrollers nowadays. I didn't realize the board would have to be docked with a proprietary base station to transfer data to and from the onboard memory.

derangboy

Enlightened
What? There's no App for that?:laughing:

Java could be used to allow the user to program some kind of driver from Windows or a Mac. But that doesn't eliminate the proprietary interface. Programing from the knob has far greater appeal to me over lugging around a bunch of gear. Unless... it was for some kind of Spy scaled up to use 18650 IMR cells! :popcorn:

fyrstormer

Banned
Who would be lugging around a bunch of gear? You don't really reprogram your Tri-V when you're in the field, do you?

But yes, the proprietary interface is a problem. No-go on that one. Oh well.

Rudi

Enlightened
I see this as more of a challenge than an advantage, as the current programming is reasonably simple and the four available slots should just about eliminate the need for reprogramming, especially with six levels available.

Having said that, there's nothing wrong with meeting a new challenge head on just for the fun and experience of it.

blackfly

Enlightened
My Paypal is locked & loaded. Is there an ETA on this? I've been preparing since January. I am not trying to rush anything or bother anyone. But do you have an estimate Dave? I've been checking this sub forum several times daily. I am pretty sure I'm not the only one. May? June? July? Also, will the gunner grip/stonewashed options be available right away? Or will they be offered after the main version is released. I'm very excited about this light.

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Paypal is locked & loaded. Is there an ETA on this? I've been preparing since January. I am not trying to rush anything or bother anyone. But do you have an estimate Dave? I've been checking this sub forum several times daily. I am pretty sure I'm not the only one. May? June? July? Also, will the gunner grip/stonewashed options be available right away? Or will they be offered after the main version is released. I'm very excited about this light.

I have no ETA yet. We are making parts. I will know about the gunner grip option before the lights are released.

Cheers
Dave

peakfreak

Newly Enlightened
Is there ever a hope to see this done in solid brass? great looking light either way.

fyrstormer

Banned
Hmm, a Steampunk SPY, maybe with some nice brazed-on silver filigrees... :devil:

I doubt that will happen, honestly. The SPY is a heavy little light, very dense collection of components, and brass would not only be heavier but also softer and easier to damage. One good whack on a hard floor could easily bend the shroud around the projector lense, or render the battery cap unable to seat properly, or other damage like that.

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
A brass Tri-V is not something anybody has ever asked for. It would have been easy to make but not right now as the parts for this run are nearly complete.

peakfreak

Newly Enlightened
Your killing me! Well I posted that too late. So Data, are you saying that if there is a future run and you know in advance that I would buy a brass model it might be possible? I promise not to drop it, or complain about the weight!

Last edited:

helios123

Enlightened
Dave, im really interested in a Tri V2 SW GG..any estimated ETA? I need to free up some cash..

Edit: how the heck did that smiley appear on top of my post???

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator: