Tri-V2 Information

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first batch of Tri-V's will be available for sale sometime this week. As soon as I know what day, I will post to this thread that additional information. It's looking like it will be Wednesday but that depends on how my work goes Sunday and Monday.

As you all know the Tri-V2 is similar to the original Tri-V. The big differences are the mark 4 version of the STFu converter board and the replacement of the MC-E with an XP-G emitter. Much has already been said about the emitter replacement but I will recap by saying that it makes the light much more rounded and makes for the practicality of running the flood and reflector at the same time, a feature that I have included in the default programming. The new converter board primarily came about due to the need of having greater fidelity in the current source circuitry. It now has a more stable output in the very low levels. But one of the other big advantages of the new Texas Instruments buck converter IC is increased efficiency.

My thanks go out yet again to Wayne (dat2zip) for designing the all new circuit. It is an amazing feat of engineering. It is so tiny yet so complex and when it does its job, its complexity goes unnoticed, as it should.

It has been 2 1/2 years since I started the process to build more Tri-V flashlights. I'm very excited to finally be bringing these new lights to market. Truth be known, after the first batch of Tri-V flashlights, I swore I wouldn't build this flashlight again. It's so incredibly labor-intensive that I just didn't want to do it. But in the months after the sale, I received a large number of requests for more of these flashlights. The retail price of the Tri-V is unchanged at $3200. However the CPF discount for the new flashlight is changing. Essentially, the price will increase by 20% over the original Tri-V. And sometime next year there will be another price increase.

For the sale this week, there will be approximately 25+ flashlights available. There may be a few more before the end of the year. Next year, I will be able to build more once I get more of the new converter boards. None of these first 25 has the SW GG finish. I do however have 4 tri-V2 bodies prepped for SW GG. I will make them available to the first four people who order them when the sale is posted.

Please watch this thread for more information on when the sale will be. And if you have any questions please do not hesitate to post them in this thread. I am going back to building but I will keep an eye on this thread as time permits.

Cheers
Dave

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave. Congratulations.
This news got my heart racing like mad.
I am sure the experience in using your latest Tri-V will be out of this world.
Again congratulations.

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations Dave, this had been a long road. Looking forward to the new lights pictures.

murpharoo

Newly Enlightened
Great news Dave ! A lot of hard work has gone in to these. Just got to decide now if I need a Tri-V2 as well as my fabulous original Tri-V ! :banghead: :eek:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great news Dave ! A lot of hard work has gone in to these. Just got to decide now if I need a Tri-V2 as well as my fabulous original Tri-V ! :banghead: :eek:

I'm in the same boat as you....difference is I can't afford a Tri-V2 right now!

HermanGerman

Newly Enlightened
That is fantastic news Dave! I have been lurking and waiting for a long time to get my hands on a Tri-V. There just were never any available. Makes me happy to finally have a chance.

SK1044

Newly Enlightened
Another lurker hoping to be lucky enough to be at the keyboard at the crucial moment to score one of these beauties!

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave. You mention about the 4 pieces of SW GG, do you mean that the first four orders will get those finishing? What is the price for the SW GG?

Ben,

I am sorry my post was not clear. Those 4 are not built and are not part of the sale this week. However After the Tri-V2 sale is posted anybody that wants a SW GG version of the Tri-V2 can place the order at that time and I will start building them out. The first four will be ready sooner than the others but I am not promising anything before the holidays. They will be a high priority but some parts must come in that are due soon before I can start.

As I said, the Tri-V2 will be discounted to members of CPF for this sale. The Tri-V2 in standard finish is $2395. The optional SW GG finish is the same price ($400) as it is for any of the SPY flashlights. Therefor the Tri-V2 with the SW GG is $2795.

What I am saying is that if you want one you only need to place the order and pay for it in advance.

Cheers
Dave

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Data, I loved your lights I currently have 4 of them (2x SPY005 and 2x SPY007). Been looking forward to the Tri-V2 but unfortunately my hobby budget need to be cut to fund a new car purchase in 12 months time. Early congrats to those potential new owners...hoped I'm able to nail one of these soon ;-)

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is looking like the sale will be Wednesday at about noon eastern time. I will post tomorrow (Tuesday) some more information on the light and some pictures. If you have any questions please post here or email me.

Cheers
Dave