• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Triple v5.1 Engine - 4 Mode Pages, 8 Modes Per Page, Double Click, Faster Pins

Croquette

Enlightened
Will new led be available with the new firmware like white flat or high cri samsung ?

Thank you.

bluemantra

Newly Enlightened
Does reducing the temperature ceiling to 40 or 45 in the Boss 35 have any effect on run times and batter life? I'm interested in this light, but somewhat concerned about the heat generated, if used in a medium output does the body still heat up the point of being to hot to hold?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Will new led be available with the new firmware like white flat or high cri samsung ?

We will not be producing new high CRI boards this year but do have a few 219c boards left from last year. They are being updated to 5.1 fw before finally assembly. We'll be deciding high CRI options later this year for inclusion in 2021 production. There are more CRI options than our last run so we will likely be poling for the new favorite. It sounds like samsung is yours? Please explain what you mean by flat white. Eyes change color on the fly so ideal tint can be anywhere between 4000 and 5500, depending on what light you were last viewing. We prefer 4000k for most applications.

Does reducing the temperature ceiling to 40 or 45 in the Boss 35 have any effect on run times and batter life? I'm interested in this light, but somewhat concerned about the heat generated, if used in a medium output does the body still heat up the point of being to hot to hold?
Yes, the runtime numbers quoted here are worst case, with thermal controls disabled. Any time heat is reduced, power draw is also reduced, increasing runtime. A setting of 40c could easily double the runtime vs our worst case numbers.

Extra notes:

• levels under 10w do not get uncomfortable. levels new a few watts can barely be detected, even with limits disabled
  • different metals have different heat capacity and delivery speeds, copper will feel hotter than aluminum
  • 2 cells on higher levels heats up faster than 1 cell or lower levels
  • each of the 4 pages has its own independent settings, including thermal limit
  • ask in your order notes if you'd prefer set specific temperatures for any/all pages

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please explain what you mean by flat white.

I think he means the Osram LEDs.
White1 = W1 = OSRAM KW CSLNM1.TG
White2 = W2 = OSRAM KW CSLPM1.TG

Two types of LEDs. They are domeless (flat) like xpl-hi. They're all the rage with regards to throw due to the really small die size. Kind of like the XP-E LEDs.

Croquette

Enlightened
I think he means the Osram LEDs.
White1 = W1 = OSRAM KW CSLNM1.TG
White2 = W2 = OSRAM KW CSLPM1.TG

Two types of LEDs. They are domeless (flat) like xpl-hi. They're all the rage with regards to throw due to the really small die size. Kind of like the XP-E LEDs.

Thank you ! You were more precise than I was. It was'nt very clear.

The tint is correct but cool, and yes they throw like crazy even in triple/quad configuration.

the pic below, drop in V5 in afterburner (with zero rez and double sony VTC6) and on the right a quad osram flat white 2 (with zero rez and sony VTC5) :

F5Dxguc

F5Dxguc
https://imgur.com/gallery/F5Dxguc

As for high cri, nichia 219c are great too, but output is a bit higher with samsung with the same or more amount of cri (from 4000k to 5700k)

Regards,

Last edited:

bluemantra

Newly Enlightened
How much more durable is 7075 aluminum compared to 6061? Does 7075 dent as easily as 6061?

Dead Reckoning

Newly Enlightened
Ok. I guess I'm a bit slow as I've been out of the programing game for a while. I like the 4th preset. (4 High only with hidden medium (1/2 cell dual mode groups) for tactical uses.). But it's information overload with me. How do I select that 4th pre-program?

Up-date...I figure it out. I'm not tech savvy...in the slightest.

Last edited:

bluemantra

Newly Enlightened
We will not be producing new high CRI boards this year but do have a few 219c boards left from last year. They are being updated to 5.1 fw before finally assembly. We'll be deciding high CRI options later this year for inclusion in 2021 production. There are more CRI options than our last run so we will likely be poling for the new favorite. It sounds like samsung is yours? Please explain what you mean by flat white. Eyes change color on the fly so ideal tint can be anywhere between 4000 and 5500, depending on what light you were last viewing. We prefer 4000k for most applications.

Yes, the runtime numbers quoted here are worst case, with thermal controls disabled. Any time heat is reduced, power draw is also reduced, increasing runtime. A setting of 40c could easily double the runtime vs our worst case numbers.

Extra notes:

• levels under 10w do not get uncomfortable. levels new a few watts can barely be detected, even with limits disabled
  • different metals have different heat capacity and delivery speeds, copper will feel hotter than aluminum
  • 2 cells on higher levels heats up faster than 1 cell or lower levels
  • each of the 4 pages has its own independent settings, including thermal limit
  • ask in your order notes if you'd prefer set specific temperatures for any/all pages

Will there be any 219c heads be available for upcoming BOSS 35 aluminum release?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
How much more durable is 7075 aluminum compared to 6061? Does 7075 dent as easily as 6061?
Thanks for the link Ken. I think of it like so:

steel - strongest
titanium - stronger
7075 - strong
2024 - less strong
6061 - soft

I like the 4th preset. (4 High only with hidden medium (1/2 cell dual mode groups) for tactical uses.). But it's information overload with me. How do I select that 4th pre-program?

1) enter 4 pin (flash flash flash flash on)
2) count the flashes until you see 4
3) turn power off
4) turn power on
5) test

Check out Page Files – v5.1 lesson 1, here: https://www.oveready.com/videos/v51-videos/

also watch Supplemental – v5.1 Pin Overview to see the timing

Will there be any 219c heads be available for upcoming BOSS 35 aluminum release?
Supplies are limited this year but what there is will be concentrated in 35 aluminum this release!

Last edited:

bluemantra

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the link Ken. I think of it like so:

steel - strongest
titanium - stronger
7075 - strong
2024 - less strong
6061 - soft

1) enter 4 pin (flash flash flash flash on)
2) count the flashes until you see 4
3) turn power off
4) turn power on
5) test

Check out Page Files – v5.1 lesson 1, here: https://www.oveready.com/videos/v51-videos/

also watch Supplemental – v5.1 Pin Overview to see the timing

Supplies are limited this year but what there is will be concentrated in 35 aluminum this release!

Thank you! I recently received a light in 6061 aluminum and I simply knocked it over and it dented. I was shocked.

dk21291

Newly Enlightened
Will all previous BOSS 35/70 models be able to be upgraded?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
What about individually purchased OR boards? I presume that is not a problem also.

we are still determining final eligibility. Would this be a loose board or installed into something?

Is the Sony VTC6 the best 18650 battery to use in the BOSS 70?

Yes, KP 18350 sony VTC6

(links aren't working and are removed)

Last edited: