Tucson or Arizona gathering?

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Tucson gathering-September 30th

I'm trying to find out if I can pop a tent there for the night, but I'm not finding the answer online. Anybody know?

bstrickler

Enlightened

I'm trying to find out if I can pop a tent there for the night, but I'm not finding the answer online. Anybody know?
Good question.. If I was living on my own, I'd let you crash at my place.

I'll be bringing my collection of lights, and I'll try to get a prototype of my E1e dropin finished for you guys to test out and give me your opinions on.

I'll try to think of some food to bring.

Also, this weekend I'll try to browse around the park and see what places allow us the room to enjoy our lights.

As for the Pizza, Papa Johns does 5-topping pizzas for $10, so that'd probably be the place to order from. I'll buy one or two to share, as well (they won't have peppers/pepperoni because I'm allergic to capsaicin)

List of lights I'll be bringing:
1D mag (unmodded so far. Still trying to figure out what to do with it).
2DL & 3DL
7 IMR 26650 Mag hotwire with 50/100/150/275 watt bulbs
Surefire U2 with XM-L
Surefire 6P with M61
Surefire Z2 with M61
Surefire E1e
And drawings of an LED area light I'm going to build soon (multi-use, and AC powered, or battery powered options).

And several other P60 modules (may be willing to part with a few, depending on the offer).

and whatever else I can find.

~Brian

Last edited:

Empire

Banned

As of right now
Knives: Microtech Mini-UMS and Mini-UDT and L-UDT
lights:SF Titan, Jetbeam Bc-25, 7777 Maelstrom, 7777 quark,
Currency:$100,$50
Vehicle:Segway
Pad for lights
etc

Empire

Banned

Good question.. If I was living on my own, I'd let you crash at my place.

I'll be bringing my collection of lights, and I'll try to get a prototype of my E1e dropin finished for you guys to test out and give me your opinions on.

I'll try to think of some food to bring.

Also, this weekend I'll try to browse around the park and see what places allow us the room to enjoy our lights.

As for the Pizza, Papa Johns does 5-topping pizzas for $10, so that'd probably be the place to order from. I'll buy one or two to share, as well (they won't have peppers/pepperoni because I'm allergic to capsaicin)

List of lights I'll be bringing:
1D mag (unmodded so far. Still trying to figure out what to do with it).
2DL & 3DL
7 IMR 26650 Mag hotwire with 50/100/150/275 watt bulbs
Surefire U2 with XM-L
Surefire 6P with M61
Surefire Z2 with M61
Surefire E1e
And drawings of an LED area light I'm going to build soon (multi-use, and AC powered, or battery powered options).

And several other P60 modules.

and whatever else I can find.

~Brian
THANK GOD FOR NO PEPPERONI

bstrickler

Enlightened
Re: Tucson gathering-September 15th

I will donate some prizes: (new flashlights) for farthest throw, and most flood (best wall -of light) at this event.

You may as well give that to me, unless someone brings a Maxabeam! :devil: Not much can beat an overdriven Osram 64656 (depending on if I get the $ in time, it may be a 64663!)

THANK GOD FOR NO PEPPERONI

You hate pepperoni, I assume? I loved it until I developed the allergic reaction.

Last edited:

Empire

Banned

You may as well give that to me, unless someone brings a Maxabeam! :devil: Not much can beat an overdriven Osram 64656 (depending on if I get the $ in time, it may be a 64663!)

You hate pepperoni, I assume? I loved it until I developed the allergic reaction.
Same same
i am allergic too
probably not as bad though
cheese is "OK" but I get sick if I eat more than 2 slices
i am bringing a lock box for when anyone has to leave for something

Empire

Banned

WEATHER ALERT
PLEASE READ THIS
ATTN: Due To
LIGHTNINGAND HEAVY STORMS!in the (Reid Park Area) We are unable to guarantee desirable weather conditions outdoors.!!
We don't need our nice lights/knives/dogs(4LEG)/Guns/cameras/phones/GEAR to get WET/Struck By LIGHTNING
!!!!THE WEATHER IS BAD IN TUCSON THIS YEAR!!!!
Stay Indoors.

Last edited:

Empire

Banned

Update:8/20/2012
A huge.......HABOOB hit Tucson yesterday at 30-40MPH.
Yes people HABOOB NOT BOOB (HA)BOOB as in a dust storm
Knowing usual luck at gatherings this has a 50/50 chance of Bad/Good weather

Last edited:

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA

So, in the event of inclement weather, (be it haboob or otherwise), are there back-up plans to meet at a restaurant or something? If not, and the weather does not cooperate, I bet we'll be coming up with something like that on the fly, anyway, because if I do manage to make it down there, I'd hate to not meet up with folks just because of Mother Nature being herself.

Empire

Banned

So, in the event of inclement weather, (be it haboob or otherwise), are there back-up plans to meet at a restaurant or something? If not, and the weather does not cooperate, I bet we'll be coming up with something like that on the fly, anyway, because if I do manage to make it down there, I'd hate to not meet up with folks just because of Mother Nature being herself.
I'll try to get something together
Any suggestions?

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast

You are welcome Kevin, You are coming eh?
I'm going to try, but it will depend on finances and weather. I know there will be lights I want to see, and hopefully I'll have some stuff that people will enjoy also haha. I seem to be turning a lot of people into light junkies, especially kids hehe, but it would be great to talk with people who already are!!!

Empire

Banned

I'm going to try, but it will depend on finances and weather. I know there will be lights I want to see, and hopefully I'll have some stuff that people will enjoy also haha. I seem to be turning a lot of people into light junkies, especially kids hehe, but it would be great to talk with people who already are!!!
Well, All I can say is.......HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT & WELCOME TO THE ASTRONOMY CAPITAL, Tucson Arizona

Last edited:

Latest posts