Type III-HA Inova X5T From County Comm

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
Guys, do the X5T's tail stand for "candle mode"?...Also, is there enough light output to walk in the woods at night?

the adverts say the are resistant to 150', don't they?

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
The X5T doesn't stand on end.

There is more than enough light to walk in the woods at night. The X5T seems about twice as bright as a Opalec NewBeam, but more than twice as dim as a KL1.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're nice folks. I have a friend who's CC order got messed up. (It happens everywhere, once in a while.) She just told me a few days ago that she not only got the stuff, but she was really impressed with the way they handled it.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
The "15% brighter" comment refers to the brightness of the X5T as opposed to the previous model X5.

Both X5Ts on the County Comm site are of the same (relative) brightness. It can be argued that the standard finish may have a slightly brighter beam (due to the polished stainless bezel), but you can't go wrong with either.

Personally, I would recommend the X5T-HA.

ReynolS

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
WallaceD said:
The "15% brighter" comment refers to the brightness of the X5T as opposed to the previous model X5.

Both X5Ts on the County Comm site are of the same (relative) brightness. It can be argued that the standard finish may have a slightly brighter beam (due to the polished stainless bezel), but you can't go wrong with either.

Personally, I would recommend the X5T-HA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you make that recommendation? If I didn't care about an X5T that was indistructable, does it make much of a difference... other than it looking cool? I'm trying to make the decision between the two... cool looking industrutible or a tad brighter.

Scott R.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked the X5T-HA because it has a tougher finish, looks much cooler to me, has been made in far fewer numbers then the consumer version or the 'run of the mill' MIL spec X5Ts and it doesn't have the stainless steel parts which I feel do not enhance it's appearance.

Buy lights for whatever reason YOU like! You don't have to justify it to anyone (possibly excluding spouses).

tracker870

Enlightened
My order shipped today. The X5T-HA & sheath is on the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I chose it because I like that HA finish, and I figure, I can always get the titanium finish later.....

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Country Comm for me has been a stand up company. I have a Type-3/HA Gerber and it's been a tough piece of gear. I'making further orders from CountryComm for an up coming hiking trip.

chiphead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

tracker870

Enlightened
Rcvd X5T-HA from CC!
It looks great! Came in a plastic Inova marked box, packed in a bubble envelope. The sheath is very good also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ikonomi

Enlightened
I just received my X5T-HA today as well. What a great little light. It looks so sleek and understated. It came in the plastic Inova case, but mine did not include a sheath. I don't mind, though.

My girlfriend and I played with the X5T-HA and the X1 all night. At one point she threatened to drop my X5T out the car window, and at first I dared her to do it, but then I remembered the non-shock-proofed LEDs and thought better of it.

One thing, though. The new X5T has made me appreciate the little X1 all the more. I haven't used a better light for up-close work.

h_nu

Enlightened
I got my X5T from County Comm today. It's not very bright in comparison to my X0 but it is smaller. I think I'll keep it in the glove compartment and the X0 with the spare tire.

I am acquiring too many new flashlights thanks to you guys! I need to stash them everywhere so no one notices the compulsion!

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
NoShadow said:
You and me both. I need a 12 step program! This is bordering on madness.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've thought of that but the last flashoholic I sent to an AA meeting came back with over 200 rechargable NiMH batteries... I'm afraid that if I mention 12 step he will want to know why his lights only have two or three steps and if the steps are linear or logarythmic. Thens there's the problem with the higher power... What's wrong with 6 volts they will want to know?