UK Law Carrying Large Flashlight/Baton Type/ Maglite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
5f29fe40cb4922e850c5b022d59a3a88.jpg

Taz80

Enlightened
That light looks very aggressive with the heavy square pattern and cooling fins, much more intimidating than a stock maglight. At least thats how I think a non flashaholic would see it. As C.D. said its all context, if you are taking a walk down a fairly well lit city street I could see a LEO taking a dim view of that light. Or a 4D maglight for that matter. If you are night hiking in the woods it would probably be acceptable, at least you could use the excuse of needing the extra runtime or brightness.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a serious suspicion that U.K. Law tries its best to make a robber's "work" as comfortable as it could be. Sick interpretation of "Robin The Hood" book?

They are just insane. Have disarmed population, got huge jump in crime and pretend everything is OK... Must be sitting on drugs.

arKmm

Enlightened
I have a serious suspicion that U.K. Law tries its best to make a robber's "work" as comfortable as it could be. Sick interpretation of "Robin The Hood" book?

They are just insane. Have disarmed population, got huge jump in crime and pretend everything is OK... Must be sitting on drugs.
Let's stick to discussion on what is the law, not what should be the law.

scout24

Flashaholic
I'm of the opinion that this topic has pretty much run it's course. We've had the viewpoint of a couple of police officers, which should have put the topic to bed. I think it's devolving into political opinoin, which always seems to just ruffle feathers and have responses just to make a point. I think closing the thread is for the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts