Ultrafire W200 conversion

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
No it will not fit with out alot of modification.

I use 2 18650's.
My fav mod is to use a 2P2S MC-E and use a AMC driver. Gives good efficiency and run time at a constant brightness then it slowly dims down as the battery runs flat.

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
No it will not fit with out alot of modification.

I use 2 18650's.
My fav mod is to use a 2P2S MC-E and use a AMC driver. Gives good efficiency and run time at a constant brightness then it slowly dims down as the battery runs flat.

So I guess the AMC is small enough to fit in the upper sleeve?

I'm just playing with one right now and figured a direct drive P7 with alkalines. Only problem is going to be the run time...

jspeybro

Enlightened
I use 2 18650's.

Are you using 1400mA AMC7135 drivers from kaidomain? is the input voltage of 2 18650's not too high for these drivers or will they just be a little less efficient when the batteries are charged?

Last edited:

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I guess the AMC is small enough to fit in the upper sleeve?

I'm just playing with one right now and figured a direct drive P7 with alkalines. Only problem is going to be the run time...

It requires a custom pill to be made.
Its a fair amount of work. A solid piece of copper sits under the LED. the base in hollowed out a bit and the AMC board sits in there held in by solder around the rim to the copper.
The OD is them machined down a little at the base and a coper tube slips over it.
his one is nearly finished.
W200pill.jpg

canyoinger

Newly Enlightened
I'am looking for a replacement reflector of W2oo after the old reflector has been destroyed by flooding. Who knows where can I get it?

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those with access to a lathe here is a easy way to mod a W200.
You need a Aluminium tube OD 22mm or more and ID about 18.5mm or enough to fit a 18650 cell. If you are running AA's you could probably use the original pill.
You will also need a P60 drop in from DX/KD. You should be able to use any P60 drop in you want. I used a XP-G for this one.

003-1.jpg

You need to machine off the taper behind the threads on the drop in.
Then machine a thread into one end of the tube (m20x1mm I think).
Machine the tube so it fits into the head (21mm) but has a lip at the bottom end.

004-1.jpg

Thread the drop in into the tube but leave some thread exposed.
005-1.jpg

Thread the reflector on to check it can screw all the way down. If needed you can cut a 1mm or 2 off the end of the reflector although I didnt have to.

002-1.jpg

Unscrew reflector and fit drop in into head and then screw reflector back on.
001-1.jpg

This modification was brought to you by the letters P and H and the number 40.

lucca brassi

Enlightened
Nice I just made cooper inserts (heatsink - original are made from aluminium ) for leds very similar to that with thread 30 x 1,0mm but then I made ''poop''

I have these inserts galavanized with silver (very nice ) .... but galvanization bring me cca 100um silver on Cu base and .... I can not screw this heatsink in lamp head . :devil:

I have to somehow remove silver from threads down. I don't realy know what to choose :
- plastic hard brush (could be ok)
- sanding ( I'm afraid to destroy threads )
- brass fine brush with proxxon ( i think that should be best )
- chemical etching ( could made more poop or maybe not something on
H2SO4 - that not destroy Cu)

Latest posts