USB-C charging thrower for wildlife viewing

louisfh

Newly Enlightened
I need a torch for wildlife-viewing at night. Ideally:

- USB-C charging.
- Throw of >300m on a mode with at least 1 hour battery life.
- Neutral White/Warm tint (works best for getting an accurate impression of color on animals at night)
- 18650/26650 batteries (no preference for how many).
- Under $80
- Preferably available within USA, as I may need it in <3 weeks.

I have previously used a Convoy L6, which had a more floody beam but was really impressive for the amount of light it output. I have also had more concentrated beam throwers. I am looking for something in between.

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
Thrunite catapult v6 SST70-seems to match most of your criteria except for the colour temperature.

louisfh

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix C7 looks great. USB-C charging, available within US and possibly the warranty are pros for the Fenix - I think I will get one. I'm wondering, performance-wise how does it compare to say a Convoy C8?

What is it like throw-wise?
I'm starting to think maybe I should look for a light with slightly more throw. I rarely needed the turbo mode on the Convoy L6 I had, but am thinking it would be good to have >500m throw if I'm spotlighting at distance.

Flashlightmaster2021

Newly Enlightened

- USB-C charging.
- Neutral White/Warm tint (works best for getting an accurate impression of color on animals at night)
- Under $80

I have previously used a Convoy L6, which had a more floody beam but was really impressive for the amount of light it output. I have also had more concentrated beam throwers. I am looking for something in between.
thrunite catapult V6 or the trunite catapult mini

jjp888

Newly Enlightened

- USB-C charging.
- Under $80

Trust me you won't be disappointed with a Thrunite catapult V6 sst70,both interms of throw and heat dissipation ,far superior.