• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

vinhnguyen54 D26/P60 XML-U2 Cool White COPPER PCB 1300 Lumen Drop-In SALE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow Vinh. I know you are doing this as a P60 drop, but man, this sounds like a perfect mod for the FandyFire HD2010! It would be a beast!!! How is it everytime you do something I get the urge to spend more money haha?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Wow Vinh. I know you are doing this as a P60 drop, but man, this sounds like a perfect mod for the FandyFire HD2010! It would be a beast!!! How is it everytime you do something I get the urge to spend more money haha?

Direct drive is great for that host. Driver wise though I hated that host due to the small aluminum pill that is impossible to solder.

I buy the deep pill and shallow reflector as a complete drop in just salvage the pill and the reflector. The driver is garbage and the orginal T6 are not always ideal... :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I will leave the reflector un-glued so on these drop in just in case you guys want to try different reflectors. You may have to glue it down for good focus.

BIG45-70

Enlightened
I received mine yesterday. Thats all I have to say is WOW. What a fantastic beam profile, this baby is going to LIGHT up the campsite this summer.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will you be making more of these? They sound really nice, but it appears I may have missed out on this run. Also, do you know if this would work well in a Solar Force L2P host (as opposed to an L2T)? I've been wanting to buy a blue one, and this would be a great drop-in to use with it! :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Will you be making more of these? They sound really nice, but it appears I may have missed out on this run. Also, do you know if this would work well in a Solar Force L2P host (as opposed to an L2T)? I've been wanting to buy a blue one, and this would be a great drop-in to use with it! :)

Any Solarforce host will work well. Just make sure you have a McClicky. I sell them for $7 too if you need them. :)

I think I have enough parts to make 4-5 more for this run.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
So just to be sure, it sounds like if I install this drop-in in a Solarforce host, I won't need to use copper tape or aluminum foil - just install it directly and the fit should be really tight - is that correct? Also, is it a straight-forward process to replace the stock Solarforce switch with a McClicky?

Assuming the answer to both of those questions is yes, I will PP $62 today ($55 for the drop-in plus $7 for the McClicky). Thanks Vinh! :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
dlmorgan999

Sorry I didn't make it clear. Wrapping this drop in very very tightly with aluminum foil is mandatory! I made a videos on how to wrap a drop in if you need it. The drop in shoudl be wrap so tight that that you cant pull it out with your hands once inserted. The switch swapping process is very simple. This is a very hot drop in as you can see it's pushed way beyond it's limit. Limit the light to short burst only and turn it off when it gets too hot. I have tested the light running burst of 3-5 minutes at a time with no problem. But no longer than 3-5 minutes burst.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
That makes sense Vinh. I already used your video to wrap the last drop-in I bought from you so I'm good. I'll PP you a bit later today with my order. Thanks! :). BTW - I don't normally use my lights for more than short bursts anyway and I have other lights if I really need a longer run.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Vinh, any chance to build a 3 mode XM-L Neutral white drop-in as it would just about be perfect drop in for me?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hey Vinh, any chance to build a 3 mode XM-L Neutral white drop-in as it would just about be perfect drop in for me?

Yes but I think I can squeeze out 1100 LED lumen at best. There will be less solder fill in to save room for the driver. and the drive currrent would be at 4.5A max.

Status
Not open for further replies.