• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

vinhnguyen54 Olight SR90/SR91 SST-90 Swap to SBT-90 for Greater Throw Service PHOTOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: vinhnguyen54 Olight SR90/SR91 SST-90 Swap to SBT-90 for Greater Throw Service

i would think the smooth reflector in the sr90 is better for throw than the sr95ut's reflector... the loss of lumens to me is barely noticeable as its mostly in the outer edges of the spill

Agree. I didnt even care for the less lumen. All I care for is how intense the hot spot is. Plenty of light in the spill already. The only reason I want a light this big like the SR90 is THROW. As for Sr90 SBT VS SR90UT I am not entirely sure. I don't know how to push the SBT harder in the SR90 without messing up the UI.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: vinhnguyen54 Olight SR90/SR91 SST-90 Swap to SBT-90 for Greater Throw Service

yeah, 12 amps is kind of a lot to push into the sbt90 imo... i wonder how hot the new sr95ut gets

mr.lumen

Enlightened

The 95 gets 1 degree Celsius hotter than the sr90. Selfbuilt thinks is only brighter because of the better performing sst90 bin the p bin to be precis, although he thinks it might drive it slightly harder. Vin can you get the new luminus sst90 p bin? I would send you my Sr90 head to do comparisons of the two sbt and srt in the old Sr90 head. I still might be interested in just getdrting the sbt in in my head. And maybe have you make a p60 drop in, or maybe a mag drop in.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

The 95 gets 1 degree Celsius hotter than the sr90. Selfbuilt thinks is only brighter because of the better performing sst90 bin the p bin to be precis, although he thinks it might drive it slightly harder. Vin can you get the new luminus sst90 p bin? I would send you my Sr90 head to do comparisons of the two sbt and srt in the old Sr90 head. I still might be interested in just getdrting the sbt in in my head. And maybe have you make a p60 drop in, or maybe a mag drop in.

I don't know where the P- Bin is sold...I do like the SBT throw very much though :)

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok. Quick question here. To those that have done this mod... Is it worth $100? I love throw as much as anyone. Dows anyone know the runtime on this mod?

Thanks,
Dan

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Ok. Quick question here. To those that have done this mod... Is it worth $100? I love throw as much as anyone. Dows anyone know the runtime on this mod?

Thanks,
Dan

$100 is a lot of money to upgrade a light. Plus you have to spend money sending it to me too. I would definitely cheap out personally. But then it only cost me $62 to buy the LED and swapped it myself so it's not too bad. If I have to send it to someone and go over 100 to mod it then I wouldnt do the mod. Just an honest answer.

Runtime should be identical to factory since drive currents are the same.

mr.lumen

Enlightened

ok so i emailed luminus and asked where i can get a p bin from. well see what happens. so is there anyway for you to get side by side beam shots of the modded sbt next to a stock sr90? i just want to see the difference before i pull the trigger. in selfbuilts review of the sr95 and sr95ut there is a noticeable difference in output and throw, although those arnt the same two lights as what we would be dealing with.

also do you offer any kind of guarantee on your work? i only ask because its such an expensive light.

mr.lumen

Enlightened

ph yea how much would you charge for to de dome the left over sst90 and stick it in a p60 drop-in?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

ph yea how much would you charge for to de dome the left over sst90 and stick it in a p60 drop-in?

I do not have two SR90 at the moment to perform a side by side outdoor beam shot.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

$25
This drop in must/will be solder filled

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

$100 is a lot of money to upgrade a light. Plus you have to spend money sending it to me too. I would definitely cheap out personally. But then it only cost me $62 to buy the LED and swapped it myself so it's not too bad. If I have to send it to someone and go over 100 to mod it then I wouldnt do the mod. Just an honest answer.

Runtime should be identical to factory since drive currents are the same.

this mod was exactly what i was looking for so i didnt mind shelling out the $... wayne does great work too so if you do decide to go for it you will get a good product back!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

this mod was exactly what i was looking for so i didnt mind shelling out the $... wayne does great work too so if you do decide to go for it you will get a good product back!

:)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I just put the $62 SBT in mine and my dad was amazed! LOL We got a great kick! Now gotta think of a way to push 12A LOL

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

i really think the bottom line is this: if you have an sr90 and want to convert it into even more of a pure thrower without upgrading and spending 450 on the new sr95 series, send your light to wayne :rock:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

If you have a solder iron and I can show step by step on how to do it to save some money. :)

mr.lumen

Enlightened

is the hotspot as wide as the sr90 or tighter and more intense? hmmm is it hard to do? i do have a solder iron. its an expensive light to try on though... id save like 60 bucks. decisions i guess it would depend on how hard it is to do.

mr.lumen

Enlightened

the p60 drop in you would make would fit in a cooly right? can you make it to drive the sst90 9 amps?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

is the hotspot as wide as the sr90 or tighter and more intense? hmmm is it hard to do? i do have a solder iron. its an expensive light to try on though... id save like 60 bucks. decisions i guess it would depend on how hard it is to do.

Tighter and 50% brighter

The mod is easy...If you are determined to do it I can post step by step here

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

the p60 drop in you would make would fit in a cooly right? can you make it to drive the sst90 9 amps?

Direct drive pulls 6A max on 26650. I can't drive it to 9A.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

it works good in a cooly, i have mine in a cooly now... running on a 26650 imr mnke 4ah battery... gets warm after about 3 minutes. gets hot after about 10-12 minutes depending if the cell is fresh or not. I would guestimate its about 800-900 lumens just by eye, but dedomed it has a nice vanilla white tint :) very pleasing to look at... and its throwy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts